frappucino87

Evidence of current sustained income

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI Vjers. I recently had my interview and the Consule said that we will print your visa after you submitted the first divorce decree of the petitioner. But as I look at the letter from the 2go window the box with evidence sustained income was marked x. I am confuse because my fiance is self employed. His business ITR for 2010 is 377,640 USD and he has a separate US individual ITR 2010 of 12, 491 USD. We are household of 3- my fiance, his son and me. What else do I need to send back to US embassy aside from the divorce decree? They already have my fiance's ITR for 2010 for himself and his business and I 134. I really need your help. Thanks in advance!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You should scan the letter and send it to your fiance. He is the one that may have to produce additional information such as assets.

From what you are saying here, his income amount is not enough for a household of 3.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

HI Vjers. I recently had my interview and the Consule said that we will print your visa after you submitted the first divorce decree of the petitioner. But as I look at the letter from the 2go window the box with evidence sustained income was marked x. I am confuse because my fiance is self employed. His business ITR for 2010 is 377,640 USD and he has a separate US individual ITR 2010 of 12, 491 USD. We are household of 3- my fiance, his son and me. What else do I need to send back to US embassy aside from the divorce decree? They already have my fiance's ITR for 2010 for himself and his business and I 134. I really need your help. Thanks in advance!

is that how its works even if his company gross income for 2010 is way too much for the requirement?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

is that how its works even if his company gross income for 2010 is way too much for the requirement?

A person is a sponsor, not a company. A self employed person uses line 22 of their most recent (2010 in this case) tax return as their income number. Line 22 takes into account certain business expenses, etc. to help lower the amount of tax owed. However, in cases like this (affidavit of support) keeping the tax low means showing a small income amount. This small income amount does not satisfy the I-864P income requirements.

The $377k gross income does not matter. It is the $12,491 that is shown as his income. He can list assets to help make up the income shortfall. Or he could redo his tax return to show a higher income. This would require him to pay more $$ in tax.

These I-864 FAQ may help >> http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html The I-864 guidelines are what is typically applied to K visa petitions using the I-134.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

A person is a sponsor, not a company. A self employed person uses line 22 of their most recent (2010 in this case) tax return as their income number. Line 22 takes into account certain business expenses, etc. to help lower the amount of tax owed. However, in cases like this (affidavit of support) keeping the tax low means showing a small income amount. This small income amount does not satisfy the I-864P income requirements.

The $377k gross income does not matter. It is the $12,491 that is shown as his income. He can list assets to help make up the income shortfall. Or he could redo his tax return to show a higher income. This would require him to pay more $$ in tax.

These I-864 FAQ may help >> http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3183.html The I-864 guidelines are what is typically applied to K visa petitions using the I-134.

Thanks anh map for the help and info :)

• 10 months later...

hi everyone... im new here and i dont really know if i will receive a response from any of you... im the petitioner and my fiance was interviewed already but they are looking for EVIDENCE OF SUSTAINED INCOME.. we told the consul that i am currently unemployed and have not worked before since i just recently graduated and passed the NCLEX-RN exam. we made use of a co sponsor not knowing that the consul does not accept co-sponsors for K1 applications. i dont have any income tax returns, payslips or any certifcation of employment to show as evidence of sustained income. all i have are bank accounts with dollars and philippine pesos. would this be enough to send to them? i dont know how else to submit to them since i have never worked before. please help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.