ning1986

Blue slip

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Blue slip is easy to overcome if you provide what they ask for.

If I were you, I personal send them via EMS where some have to sign the package.

Email is good but 3/10 it will get lost (just my personal opinion)

Marriage : 2006-05-17

-------------------------
USCIS Process
-------------------------
I-130 Sent : 2007-06-12
I-130 Approved : 2007-12-05
Status: Take 179 days to complete, because of notarize marriage certificate(RFE).

-----------------------
NVC Process
-----------------------
NVC Received : 2007-12-06
Case Completed at NVC : 2008-03-13 Case Complete Forward to Embassy
Case Left NVC : 2008-03-18
Status: Take 97 days to complete, because of the tax return and w2 (RFE),

-----------------------------
Consulate Process
Consulate Received : 5/12/2008 Eligible for interview, waiting for notice (Per DOS)
Packet 4 Received : 6/11/2008
Interview Date : 7/10/2008 interview at 7:15am (Per DOS)
Blue - Required Overcome. Overcome send 7/24
8/19/2008 Going back to GUZ to get visa stamp
Visa Received : 8/22/2008
US Entry : 10/17/2008 JFK Port of Entry

Citizenship Process

N-400 Filed: 11/25/2012

Interview Date: 1/2013 (Passed)

Ceremony: 03/2013

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

uhm - you should send yer lass the documents GUZ IV is asking form.

via DHL or fedex.

No email delivery, they want to see (and are asking for)

original documents.

Even this letter they want from you, must be the original, with yer original signature.

They can tell about digital scans, it's a big no no.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi,

I have a question for those of you who received a blue slip. I was wondering how long would it take for Guangzhou to approved the visa after mailing them the required documents? I know that its different for everyone but I was wondering if I can get an approximate time frame?

Thanks!

IMG_1050small.jpgdSiam6.png

Filed: Country: China
Timeline
Blue slip is easy to overcome if you provide what they ask for.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it is easy. There have been quite a few cases over the past few years where a blue slip resulted in a denial even after the requested documents were sent. Recently someone received a blue slip for tax docs even though they turned them in. After resubmitting the docs they got another blue slip requesting a co-sponsor even though his income level is more than twice the requirement and no dependants for either of them. Not trying to be a downer, but face facts, nothing in this process is easy and it is one big emotional roller coaster. The OP knows what is needed and now we can just cross our fingers and toes, pray, burn some incense and whatever else is needed that the VO accepts the docs.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Ok, I've send in required documents, as well as the resume for me and my wife, I don't know why they wanted my resume, but I gave it to them anyway. I had to send the resume few times as well as few missing items. But as of now, the consulate has received all the documents on Monday August 22nd, and they say it's under AP review.... so we'll see how long this will take. Somewhere I read that most AP are resolved within 60 days. Does anyone have link to that?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Ok, I've send in required documents, as well as the resume for me and my wife, I don't know why they wanted my resume, but I gave it to them anyway. I had to send the resume few times as well as few missing items. But as of now, the consulate has received all the documents on Monday August 22nd, and they say it's under AP review.... so we'll see how long this will take. Somewhere I read that most AP are resolved within 60 days. Does anyone have link to that?

Generally, they ask for a resume when they need to do a SAO (Security Advisory Opinion) in DC. This is typically triggered by being a Party Member or having a technical degree. I think the resume is used to make sure they are doing the check on the right person.

And while I hope your case goes quick, we are at 2 1/2 months. The quickest I have heard is 51 days.

Generally, they ask for a resume when they need to do a SAO (Security Advisory Opinion) in DC. This is typically triggered by being a Party Member or having a technical degree. I think the resume is used to make sure they are doing the check on the right person.

And while I hope your case goes quick, we are at 2 1/2 months. The quickest I have heard is 51 days.

May I ask what information were you missing or being asked for on your blue slip?

Timeline

I know someone who received a blue slip for notarization issues and after they turned in a properly notarized document, their visa was approved in 2 weeks. So I guess for administrative review, it could go anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 month? I am in the same position so I am hoping the blue slipis easy to overcome and that no other documents are needed

Our case is also in administrative review. According tothe post office, my husband's Singapore police certificate was delivered on 22ndbut when I emailed Guangzhou, they kept on saying it was not received. I called DOS this morning and DOS said it was shown to be received on 26th. If it is taking FOUR days for the mail to get logged into their system and I don't even know if it is in the right department yet, I wonder how long it's going to take for the administrative review process to be completed? :whistle:

Has anyone had any encounters where the embassy required more documents even after submitting the information requested per the blueslip?

I am just concerned because we were "dinged" for Singapore police certificate but I was mostly worried about the financial aspect.I do not have any income because I am in school for a doctorate degree and my cosponsor makes just above the minimum. I did write a letter explaining our circumstances and the VO did not have a problem with it during the interview. I hope nothing comes up now…

Edited by diamondeve21

I've read on this forum and elsewhere the some people receives another blue even after submitting all the required documents, I'm not sure which embassy/consulate, so hopefully that won't happen to you or any of us. In terms of finding out if Guangzhou has received your documents or not, I suggest emailing them, asking them if they received all the required documents and if you need to submit anything else. In my case they said that they've received all the documents and the case is now under AP of 221g National Security Act or something like that. So at least you'll know when to start your counter on days you've waited.

Timeline

I've read on this forum and elsewhere the some people receives another blue even after submitting all the required documents, I'm not sure which embassy/consulate, so hopefully that won't happen to you or any of us. In terms of finding out if Guangzhou has received your documents or not, I suggest emailing them, asking them if they received all the required documents and if you need to submit anything else. In my case they said that they've received all the documents and the case is now under AP of 221g National Security Act or something like that. So at least you'll know when to start your counter on days you've waited.

You have had much better luck than I did when it comes to communicating with Guangzhou. According to the postal tracking system, our documents were delivered on the 22nd. Since then, I emailed Guangzhou THREE times asking whether the police certificate was received and all three times their reply was to give them more time for processing... And this last time, this was their reply was theyhave not processed anything recently. I was looking for a "yes we received it"or a "no we did not" but instead they said they did not process anythingrecently. WTH?? Their reply doesn't even answer my question!

Thank God that the DOS told me the case is under administrative review and the last documents received was on the 26th. Otherwise, I was going to send my husband down to Guangzhou and track down the mail himself.

Edited by diamondeve21

I emailed Guangzhou using their web email, although the answer is pretty generic, they usually respond the next day unless there are heavy volumes. I also contact DOS, however what I found was that DOS is given the same information from Guangzhou, I know this because when I call, sometimes they ask me if I received the email from Guangzhou, basically the reply email that I send to Guangzhou. DOS in my opinion is a good way to get the latest information from a real person, however they don't receive addition information, and does not have the power to expedite the process either.

Timeline

Just an update, my wife got second blue slip with incomplete instructions, some people say that might just mean wait, but I want to make sure so I emailed guangzhou again, hopefully they'll get back to me after the holiday.

What do you mean it said incomplete directions? Did Guangzhou get back to you yet?

incomplete direction as in, they send another blue slip to my wife (generic blue slip from guangzhou) 3 boxes were checked, 221(g), second box marked "for information and steps you can take to overcome this decision, refer to "the back of this sheet" but there is nothing marked in the second page.

So basically I had to email guangzhou to make sure the CO/VO didn't just forget to mark the second page, they replied Tuesday Sep 6, saying that they don't request anymore information and that the second blue sheet they send my wife was just letting her know that her case is placed under AP.

So right now, back to the waiting game.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.