ning1986

Blue slip

58 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

incomplete direction as in, they send another blue slip to my wife (generic blue slip from guangzhou) 3 boxes were checked, 221(g), second box marked "for information and steps you can take to overcome this decision, refer to "the back of this sheet" but there is nothing marked in the second page.

So basically I had to email guangzhou to make sure the CO/VO didn't just forget to mark the second page, they replied Tuesday Sep 6, saying that they don't request anymore information and that the second blue sheet they send my wife was just letting her know that her case is placed under AP.

So right now, back to the waiting game.

Hmm... For some reason, my husband never received the second blue sheet. I also e-mailed them on Monday and this was their reply.

"We have received the submission of your overcome documents on August 26, 2011. The case queues up for being reviewed and the process may take a couple of months. We will contact your beneficiary with further instructions by EMS Courier mail once the case is ready for continued processing."

I don't really know what they mean by "The case queues up for being reviewed and the process may take a couple of months." So I guess they are processing the cases on a first come first serve basis (in terms of returning additional information from blue slip) and sometimes it could take a couple of month?

IMG_1050small.jpgdSiam6.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hang in there, I just had a conversation with someone who told me they think the 10th anniversary of 9/11 took up a lot of consulate resources. DCF Petitions in Beijing which normally take a month for approval are still waiting after two months.

Hopefully, we will see some movement soon.

We are waiting on GUZ to return my wife's passport with the Visa.

Timeline

Hang in there, I just had a conversation with someone who told me they think the 10th anniversary of 9/11 took up a lot of consulate resources. DCF Petitions in Beijing which normally take a month for approval are still waiting after two months.

Hopefully, we will see some movement soon.

We are waiting on GUZ to return my wife's passport with the Visa.

Wow.. I think its been a week since you mailed the passport to them. I am estimating two weeks... When I called, they said the case is under AP. Does that mean we have to go through a background check as well?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Wow.. I think its been a week since you mailed the passport to them. I am estimating two weeks... When I called, they said the case is under AP. Does that mean we have to go through a background check as well?

I suspect GUZ is just backed up, I don't think they are doing background check unless they asked for resume. Keep the faith.

Timeline

this is actually something you can get from the DoS Hotline, if you know how to ask the question properly (to one of their Humans) .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

"We have received the submission of your overcome documents on August 26, 2011. The case queues up for being reviewed and the process may take a couple of months. We will contact your beneficiary with further instructions by EMS Courier mail once the case is ready for continued processing."

Now it's in a new queue, a line with FIFO inventory rules.

There are many queues at GUZ IV, NVC, USCIS, for now, for you - this should be almost the last queue or line he's in.

I've been studying queues for some time, once I learned that they exist.

Hang in there ! It goes something like this:

1. wait till it's yer turn in the queue

2. Human does eyeball review.

3. Human makes decision for which queue it goes into next

then ya repeat over again, until yer out of the last, and final queue.

For now, yer really close, IMO there's one more queue after this one.

(Final Queue is Visa Packet Bundling, but there's still a holding tank on 'Visa Packet Sent', after that, at the mailroom)

But he may be asked to come in again, if he has his passport - so be aware.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Darnell,

It seems like you have good knowledge on where you are in different queues. I was wondering if you can give me an idea where I am in my queue.

My wife received her blue slip during interview, I've then submitted all document they required. She then receives a second blue slip via mail, stamped Aug 29 with no instructions, I was able to find out that GUZ did not require any additional information, and that our case has been placed under AP, and it's been pending in AP ever since then.

Also you've mentioned "this is actually something you can get from the DoS Hotline, if you know how to ask the question properly (to one of their Humans™) ."

Is this the information about SAO that I asked earlier or something else?

Thanks

Edited by ning1986

Timeline

IMO (and others) calling into the DoS Hotline can be of some use.

Dodi's written up a how to on 'how to call, and who'

and further down, I've written what you can get, when, and from whom.

Have a read?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/264972-shortcuts-when-checking-for-updates-from-the-nvc-and-dos/

The proper questions (pick one or more)

1. Is the casefile in AP?

2. Is the AP for CCP or SAO or namechecks or something else? (a bit of this question is redundant, but is loaded with the right buzzwords. DoS Hotline Humans are trained to listen for buzzwords, you must use them)

3. How long till the AP is finished?

4. Why was the casefile placed in AP ?

----

Good Luck !!

Timeline

IMO (and others) calling into the DoS Hotline can be of some use.

Dodi's written up a how to on 'how to call, and who'

and further down, I've written what you can get, when, and from whom.

Have a read?

http://www.visajourn...he-nvc-and-dos/

The proper questions (pick one or more)

1. Is the casefile in AP?

2. Is the AP for CCP or SAO or namechecks or something else? (a bit of this question is redundant, but is loaded with the right buzzwords. DoS Hotline Humans™ are trained to listen for buzzwords, you must use them)

3. How long till the AP is finished?

4. Why was the casefile placed in AP ?

----

Good Luck !!

I tried asking those sort of questions already. The DoS can't say much...

Timeline

I'll try giving them a call using those questions on Monday, hopefully they can tell me why the case was placed under AP and maybe if its local or SAO. (I know it's not CCP)

I asked them those questions and DoS said their system does not give them that informtion. It just says it is in AP. Well, Ning, good news is coming your way so hang in there!

Filed: Timeline

Anyway some new information, I'm hoping good news for me. As some data point for the community.

Interview Date: Aug 4-5, 2011

Blue sheet: After interview

Second Blue sheet: Aug 29, 2011

AP completed: Sept 19, 2011.

Right now waiting for the call-in letter

Edited by ning1986

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.