ning1986

Blue slip

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

My name is Ning, I've recently joined this forum seeing there are lots of people with experiences here. I'm currently going through the CR-1 visa process with my wife Leilei. She had her interview yesterday Aug 03, 2011, and as you can see from the title, it didn't go well. Although the actual interview VO was very friendly, however she still was given a blue paper, stating that I didn't have 2008 2009 and 2010 tax returns, well, I just graduated from college, and began work September 2010, and I only have 2010 tax return, when I was filing paperwork to USCIS initially, I hire a lawyer and he advised me that it is all I need to submit. Now my wife is on her way home sad and stressed, I haven't seen the blue slip personally because she has not scanned it in yet.

I do have 2009, 2010 tax statements (W-2) and for 2009 I didn't file since I was working as research assistant and made less than $5000, but for 2010, I file and made over 30k, my annual is 65k currently. I've also included a typed letter explaining why I don't have 2008 tax statement, and my current financial situation. So my question is, if she received a blue slip, do I reschedule for an interview after my wife received all the paper work I've mentioned earlier, or do I need to send those paper work to Guangzhou embassy, and wait for another 1-3 months?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Ning

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello All,

My name is Ning, I've recently joined this forum seeing there are lots of people with experiences here. I'm currently going through the CR-1 visa process with my wife Leilei. She had her interview yesterday Aug 03, 2011, and as you can see from the title, it didn't go well. Although the actual interview VO was very friendly, however she still was given a blue paper, stating that I didn't have 2008 2009 and 2010 tax returns, well, I just graduated from college, and began work September 2010, and I only have 2010 tax return, when I was filing paperwork to USCIS initially, I hire a lawyer and he advised me that it is all I need to submit. Now my wife is on her way home sad and stressed, I haven't seen the blue slip personally because she has not scanned it in yet.

I do have 2009, 2010 tax statements (W-2) and for 2009 I didn't file since I was working as research assistant and made less than $5000, but for 2010, I file and made over 30k, my annual is 65k currently. I've also included a typed letter explaining why I don't have 2008 tax statement, and my current financial situation. So my question is, if she received a blue slip, do I reschedule for an interview after my wife received all the paper work I've mentioned earlier, or do I need to send those paper work to Guangzhou embassy, and wait for another 1-3 months?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

Ning

Its weird that they asked for your tax returns because I thought the laws recently changed and it only requires the most recent year's tax return. Did you include an employment letter saying how long you are employed, your job title and your current salary?

So if you were given a blue slip, you do not need to make another appointment. You need to send in the required documents by mail, then the VO will look at it and if all the paperworks are there, the visa should be approved. Your wife will be notified by mail regarding the visa... I am also going throught he blue slip process and I haven't gotten that far but from what I read about other's experiences, it sounded like they notify you by mail that your visa is approved, then you mail them your passport and then they will mail it back to you with the visa.

IMG_1050small.jpgdSiam6.png

Its weird that they asked for your tax returns because I thought the laws recently changed and it only requires the most recent year's tax return. Did you include an employment letter saying how long you are employed, your job title and your current salary?

So if you were given a blue slip, you do not need to make another appointment. You need to send in the required documents by mail, then the VO will look at it and if all the paperworks are there, the visa should be approved. Your wife will be notified by mail regarding the visa... I am also going throught he blue slip process and I haven't gotten that far but from what I read about other's experiences, it sounded like they notify you by mail that your visa is approved, then you mail them your passport and then they will mail it back to you with the visa.

I work at the Idaho National Laboratory, although I did not include a letter stating when I started to work at INL, I have given my wife a package that is filled with my personal information required for obtaining a security clearance. I guess you can argue that it could be at a different facility, however, that is a good thought to include that letter, and I will include that in the package.

On another note, how long typically does it take for Guangzhou to send notification from the time my wife send in required document?

Thanks

On another point, earlier you said once you provide the document based on what they ask of you on the blue slip, they'll notify you by mail if everything goes well, and you'll need to send in your passport for them to stamp the visa, then they mail it back. Earlier I asked how long does it take typically, is it almost guarantee that you'll get the visa, and they wont need you to come in for another interview etc? Also, when they mail you the passport/visa do they also mail you that sealed envelope for coming into U.S. customs?

Thanks for any comments and help

Timeline

I work at the Idaho National Laboratory, although I did not include a letter stating when I started to work at INL, I have given my wife a package that is filled with my personal information required for obtaining a security clearance. I guess you can argue that it could be at a different facility, however, that is a good thought to include that letter, and I will include that in the package.

On another note, how long typically does it take for Guangzhou to send notification from the time my wife send in required document?

Thanks

When I said employment letter, I meant a employment letter written by your employer! Have your company write a letter for you stating your job title, income and start date. Did you include that? I am not sure how long would it take for Guangzhou to process everything because I am still going through that process myself... But I am pretty sure you don't need another interview. Have you wife scan you the blue sheet. The directions are on there... Also, it may help if you include your monthly pay stub!

IMG_1050small.jpgdSiam6.png

I will obtain a letter tomorrow asap from my company. I will also include 46 weeks of pay stub and a letter explaining what each documents, and why I didn't have 2008 tax return etc. As for sending the information in, did you send it from US to Guangzhou using Fedex or UPS or did you send it to your wife/husband then have them send it to Guangzhou along with the blue slip? I'm sorry to see tat your blue slip still have not progressed. Hang in there!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I will obtain a letter tomorrow asap from my company. I will also include 46 weeks of pay stub and a letter explaining what each documents, and why I didn't have 2008 tax return etc. As for sending the information in, did you send it from US to Guangzhou using Fedex or UPS or did you send it to your wife/husband then have them send it to Guangzhou along with the blue slip? I'm sorry to see tat your blue slip still have not progressed. Hang in there!

There may be an email address on the blue slip where you can send the info. They asked us to send in my wife's resume and provided an email address. I am not sure how they handle I-864 issues.

There may be an email address on the blue slip where you can send the info. They asked us to send in my wife's resume and provided an email address. I am not sure how they handle I-864 issues.

do you know if all the blue slips are generic or different? my wife is on her way from guangzhou back home, and she didn't get a chance to scan the paper yet.

sorry it did not allow me to edit my old post.

For all those that have experienced the horror of blue slip, do they require original tax statement and letter or do they accept scanned document as long as your provide them all the required information?

Thanks

I found out via reply from Guangzhou that they accept photocopy of tax statements, however the personal circumstance letter should be original.

On another note, many people have experienced the blue slip, do Guangzhou typically approve the visa if you send them what they asked for on the blue slip?

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Even though the forms say one year of tax transcripts/returns. Guangzhou almost always wants three years. I would include the original from the IRS and write a detailed letter for the year you didn't have to file taxes.

Honestly, it is entirely at the VO's discretion. A friend of mine got a blue slip for tax documents that they already submitted and after re-submitting go another blue slip requesting he get a co-sponsor even though his income is more than double the required amount. This is their second attempt. The first resulted in a blue slip and a rejection. Others have gotten blue slips and then pink so it just depends on if they are satisfied with the petition or not.

Edited by Casprd

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Even though the forms say one year of tax transcripts/returns. Guangzhou almost always wants three years. I would include the original from the IRS and write a detailed letter for the year you didn't have to file taxes.

Honestly, it is entirely at the VO's discretion. A friend of mine got a blue slip for tax documents that they already submitted and after re-submitting go another blue slip requesting he get a co-sponsor even though his income is more than double the required amount. This is their second attempt. The first resulted in a blue slip and a rejection. Others have gotten blue slips and then pink so it just depends on if they are satisfied with the petition or not.

So it's not required but nice to have a co-sponsor, how do I attach a document to get a co-sponsor even though my annual salary is more than 3x of whats required. Is having a co-sponsor always a safety net?

Lastly, do you know how long it takes for your friend to receive notice after he submit required doc on blue slip?

Edited by ning1986

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

So it's not required but nice to have a co-sponsor, how do I attach a document to get a co-sponsor even though my annual salary is more than 3x of whats required. Is having a co-sponsor always a safety net?

Lastly, do you know how long it takes for your friend to receive notice after he submit required doc on blue slip?

Since they are asking for Tax info on the blue slip, provide that first and don't worry about the co-sponsor. It varies with each case, but for my friend it took about 2 months to get the review completed.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Timeline

sorry it did not allow me to edit my old post.

For all those that have experienced the horror of blue slip, do they require original tax statement and letter or do they accept scanned document as long as your provide them all the required information?

Thanks

IRS Tax Transcripts, original version, were sufficient. Since it's a blue slip, you now need to submit originals, as you not wish to have any further goofs in the process - blue slip overcome submittals are scrutinized, not the same as prior submittal with the I-864. Worst case scenario on this? Yer asked to get the IRS copies of the tax return, for each year, and those cost $$ and the IRS takes 2 to 3 months to produce them.

FWIW, GUZ IV is expecting to see 3 tax years. Don't have 3 tax years worth? Time to do the documentation dance, and suggest you 'dance well'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

IRS Tax Transcripts, original version, were sufficient. Since it's a blue slip, you now need to submit originals, as you not wish to have any further goofs in the process - blue slip overcome submittals are scrutinized, not the same as prior submittal with the I-864. Worst case scenario on this? Yer asked to get the IRS copies of the tax return, for each year, and those cost $$ and the IRS takes 2 to 3 months to produce them.

FWIW, GUZ IV is expecting to see 3 tax years. Don't have 3 tax years worth? Time to do the documentation dance, and suggest you 'dance well'.

On the blue slip 221g is marked, as well as additional information.

On the lines below, they wrote in hand writing information that they require "2008, 2009 tax statement/or proof of income/ or personal circumstance letter.

I email Guangzhou IV, per email they said that photocopies of tax statement for 2008 2009 years are acceptable, and my personal circumstance letter need to be signed. I've mailed the letter the day after her refusal, so it should got to her by now, and she'll print out the photocopy of scanned tax statement. On top of that the blue paper also said "or proof of income" which I included scan copy of Verification of Employment from my company stating the position hiring date, and currently salary. I've also included all the weekly pay stub that shows how much I'm making per week. Those 2 should be enough as proof of income.

This is what I provided them.

2009 W-2 from college

2010 W-2 from college

2010 W-2 from work

photocopy of university transcript showing that I was attending school from 2006-2010.

letter explaining why I don't have 2008 tax return and 2009 tax return, and stating my personal circumstance

letter from my company, Verification of Employment

46 weeks of pay stub

2010 Income return.

I hope with all these, they'll be satisfied.

I've also called DOS today, and according to them, all I need is letter why I didn't pay 2008 and 2009 taxes. Which was explained in the personal circumstance letter I've included.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.