suf

NOA 2 approved, what now

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hello everyone. I received great news yesterday via email and text that my I 130 and I 129 f was approved, awesome the 130 took 97 days in the CSC.

Now a couple of questions as I do not know what happens next, I do but not 100% sure and am hoping to get more knowledge from experienced VJer's

Here are some questions.

Do all these bills to get the case out of the NVC to the consulate come to me the petitiioner or my wife the beneficiary?

When they send my wife her packet will I also get a copy in the mail?

Does she have to fill out the packet and mail it back before she gets an interview or does she just bring it to the interview with all documents filled out?

Since the I129 F and the I 130 both were approved will the USCIS or NVC just delete the 129 F. Does this make our wait for an interview longer?

Will the NVC send me the affadavit of support request soon?

I really appreciate any answers you can give me to any of my questions

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi and Congrats :thumbs:

You wife needs to select you as the "agent Of Choice" that way you can handle the majority of the process

I am not sure if everyting here applies to K-3 visa but hope you can get an idea of what will need to take place next. here you go

NVC Steps

Be proactive with NVC to speed up the things, rather than reactive!

1) After receiving the case from the USCIS, NVC assigns a case# (NVC Case#)

2) Call NVC at 603-334-0700 to get NVC Case#, to provide both the petitioner and beneficiary email ids and to get IIN (Invoice Identification Number)

3) Email DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) by the beneficiary to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov making the U.S petitioner as the agent (Email format: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form)

4) Log in to NVC online payment system at https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx to see AOS and IV fee are generated

5) Pay Affidavit of Support (AOS - I-864) review fee $88 and Immigrant Visa (DS-230) fee $404, if generated. Payment status will be 'IN PROCESS' after the payment. In 1 or 2 days, the status will be 'PAID'

6) When the status shows 'PAID', print out AOS barcode sheet and IV barcode sheet

7) Express mail AOS packet and IV packet to NVC

Co-sponsor's AOS is needed if the petitioner's income is below the poverty

line defined in I-864P every year.

AOS Packet

a. Bar-coded cover sheet

b. Completed and signed form I-864 by the petitioner

c. IRS tax transcripts for the last three years

(Call IRS at 800-908-9946 to order them for free)

d. Petitioner's employment letter

e. Petitioner's pay stubs for the current year

IV Packet

a. Bar-coded cover sheet

b. 2 Passport-sized photographs of the beneficiary

c. Completed and signed form DS-230 Part 1 by the beneficiary

d. Completed and 'unsigned' form DS-230 Part 2 by the beneficiary

e. Photocopy of the biographic data page of the beneficiary's passport

f. Original/Certified birth certificate of the beneficiary

g. Original/Certified marriage certificate of the beneficiary and the petitioner

h. Original police certificate(s) of the beneficiary

i. Original/Certified divorce decree of the beneficiary's prior marriage(s), if applicable

j. Original military certificate of the beneficiary, if applicable

k. 1 set Photocopy of all the above civil documents

8) NVC reviews both packages and completes the case in about 2 weeks and forwards to the beneficiary's U.S consulate by scheduling beneficiary's interview at the Consulate.

Foreign Consulate Steps

1) Consulate receives the NVC package in about 2 weeks time and notifies the beneficiary (Packet 4). NVC notifies the petitioner with the interview appointment letter.

2) Beneficiary proceeds for medical with the U.S panel physician. Don't open the sealed medical envelope from the physician

3) Beneficiary proceeds for Consulate interview

Interview packet

a. Visa interview appointment letter

b. Beneficiarys original passport

c. Beneficiarys passport size photographs

d. Beneficiarys Medical Report

e. Excessive evidence to prove marital relationship in addition to the

marriage certificate

f. Carry petitioner's and beneficiary's any other relevant documents

g. I-130 set, I-864, DS-3032 and DS-230 sets provided by the petitioner (optional)

4) Passport with the visa will be handed over on the same day or will be mailed in a week. Please do not forget to collect the original civil documents submitted to NVC from the Consulate officer after the interview.

5) Come to the U.S before visa expiry date (normally upto 6 months) and hand over sealed visa packet to the officer at POE. They will put temporary I-551 stamp on the passport

6) Within a month, Welcome letter, Green Card and Social Security Number will be reached at the petitioner's U.S address

Important Notes

1) If the petitioner changes the address during the IR1/CR1 process, notify the USCIS/NVC

2) If the beneficiary changes the address during the IR1/CR1 process, notify the NVC, if at NVC stage

3) If the petitioner changes the address after the IR1/CR1 process, file I-865 until the I-864 contract ends

4) If the beneficiary changes the address after the IR1/CR1 process, file AR-11

5) Certain petitioners can expedite the process if they qualify the expedite criteria defined by the USCIS, such as active military service, natural disasters in bebeficiary's place etc. Check all options in the USCIS website.

6) If the beneficiary is a male between the age 18 to 26 years old while arriving the U.S, he must register with the Selective Service of the U.S in order to avoid further issues with the U.S citizenship.

7) If the beneficiary gets a conditional 2 year CR1 Green card, remove the condition by filing I-751 just before the 2 year GC expires.

8) Beneficiary may apply U.S citizenship just before the 3 years completion in the U.S, by filing N-400

Now, Are you ready to read the detailed steps? Yes, then it is here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

Secondary Evidences of the bona-fide marriage

Though USCIS and Consulate are liberal to the petitioner's and beneficiary's marital relationship from certain countries, it is stricter to some other countries. So, if you feel you need more evidences, please use the samples below. Some of them may not be applicable to you. Also, if you have any other evidence that is not listed, please feel free to add it. While sending to USCIS, send the copies only, because the same will be needed at the Consulate interview later.

USCIS defined secondary evidences

1) Documentation showing joint ownership or property

2) Lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence

3) Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources

4) Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to the petitioner and the beneficiary

5) Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship

6) Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union

Sample secondary evidences

Asset purchase documentation such as home, car etc. under both names such as joint titles, joint names in car registration

Joint loans together in mortgage, auto etc.

Lease of the home, car etc. under both names

Joint bank account in petitioner's and/or beneficiary's country

Stocks, mutual funds, retirement funds documentation together

Credit, Debit, ATM card details under both names

Money transfer documentation that shows spousal support

Life Insurance Policy under both the petitioner and the beneficiary names

Will prepared by the petitioner and/or the beneficiary showing other as beneficiary

If marriage happened in prior year, income tax filing together

Joint church tax statements

Joint invoices - utility bills such as phone, electricity, water, gas, internet, cable TV etc.

New born child's birth certificate, passport etc.

New born child's hospital records that shows both parents names and expenses incurred together

Petitioner and beneficiary's child(ren)'s school records, school report cards etc.

Baptism certificate of child(ren) of the petitioner and the beneficiary

Notarized affidavits from parents, relatives etc. to show that they knew and participated in the marriage

Third party letters with date, name, relationship, contact phone#, address etc., those who attended the marriage mainly from parents, relatives, friends etc.

Personal notarized affidavits that describe how the relationship is evolved like first meeting, who arranged the meeting, how long you knew each other before marriage, how is the relationship until now etc.

All the dated trips of the petitioner and/or the beneficiary to meet each other - passport stamps, plane tickets, boarding passes etc.

Tickets, invoices, boarding passes of honeymoon trip(s) that shows both persons' name together with the date

Hotel receipts, Rental car receipts, Gift receipts or any other miscellaneous receipts of the expenses incurred between the petitioner and the beneficiary

Wedding ring and other wedding related gifts' receipts

Auto Insurance Policy under both the petitioner and the beneficiary names

Health Insurance Policy under both the petitioner and the beneficiary names

Dated pictures together - Before marriage, Wedding Album, pictures taken in every occasion

Marriage invitation card

Marriage documentation of the religious ceremony from church, mosque, temple etc.

Phone logs

Chat logs

Emails

Greeting cards such as Christmas cards, Anniversary cards, Birthday cards etc.

Joint memberships like Sams, Costco, AAA, fitness etc.

Driver's license, State ID that shows the same address

Invitation of any function or ceremony stating both names

Wedding program order of service/event

Junk mails received under both of you at the same address

Magazine subscriptions under both names

Pet adoption records with both names

Edited by cipollina

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Since the I129 F and the I 130 both were approved will the USCIS or NVC just delete the 129 F. Does this make our wait for an interview longer?

If the NVC receives the I-129F at the same time or after the I-130, the I-129F will be administratively closed. This specific action would not increase your wait for an interview.

Congrats on the approval.

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.