ica

lil help please ds-260

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i want to start the ds-260 but before i start i want to make sure i have all info i need for it, researching it doesnt tell me i need to summit anything else with it ex. additional documentation... does anybody know will i need anything with it? cover sheet that i will have to download or anything?? any info sure will be appreciated....

thank you in advance

FRwim4.png

i want to start the ds-260 but before i start i want to make sure i have all info i need for it, researching it doesnt tell me i need to summit anything else with it ex. additional documentation... does anybody know will i need anything with it? cover sheet that i will have to download or anything?? any info sure will be appreciated....

thank you in advance

The DS-260 is done online, so you don't submit anything else, obviously.

But you still have to submit the supporting documents for the IV package. Either before or after you complete the DS-260, you have to send the IV package with the following documents:

-bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

-cover letter (optional)

-2 passport pictures with full name, date of birth, and case number written on the back of each

-copy of bio-data page of beneficiary's passport

-original/certified copy of birth certificate

-original/certified copy of marriage certificate

-original police certificate

Timeline

thank you for the fast response, im doing online submission so i dont mail anything.... can you tell me for the police certificate is that a background check, criminal check?? would he need that for state of florida which he prev lived or for mexico where he is currently located or both?? or am i totally wrong about the police certificate.....

again thank you for the response

and how does everyone get the timeline to show up like that? ive been trying to see how but cant figure it out.

and how does everyone get the timeline to show up like that? ive been trying to see how but cant figure it out.

FRwim4.png

thank you for the fast response, im doing online submission so i dont mail anything.... can you tell me for the police certificate is that a background check, criminal check?? would he need that for state of florida which he prev lived or for mexico where he is currently located or both?? or am i totally wrong about the police certificate.....

again thank you for the response

Yes, I know you're doing EP as it's required for Mexico. I did EP myself ;)

According to this page http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9684 police records aren't available for Mexico, so I guess you don't need them after all. If you did though, the beneficiary wouldn't need any from the US as they do their own national background checks.

And do you mean the timeline people have in their signatures?

Timeline

sorry i dont know what ep means?? and yes the timeline ppl have in there signatures. i saw that mexico doesnt have but when we googled it says taht mexico still has to, its kinda controversal so i wanted to verify further..... again thank you for your responses

sorry i dont know what ep means?? and yes the timeline ppl have in there signatures. i saw that mexico doesnt have but when we googled it says mexico still has to, its kinda controversal so i wanted to verify further..... again thank you for your responses

FRwim4.png

sorry i dont know what ep means?? and yes the timeline ppl have in there signatures. i saw that mexico doesnt have but when we googled it says taht mexico still has to, its kinda controversal so i wanted to verify further..... again thank you for your responses

sorry i dont know what ep means?? and yes the timeline ppl have in there signatures. i saw that mexico doesnt have but when we googled it says mexico still has to, its kinda controversal so i wanted to verify further..... again thank you for your responses

I'd ask in the Mexico sub-forum about police certificates there. They'll obviously know more than I would.

And you have to make your own signature. There's not just one button to press and your timeline will appear. You write it yourself. To add: go to the top of the page, on the right, and next to your avatar, click 'Settings'. Then click on the 'Profile' tab and then the 'Change Signature' tab on the left. Then just enter your timeline and it'll appear as your signature :)

And as you said in the PM, yes, EP = Electronic Processing.

Timeline

thank you again. i think i got that part, im going to complete tomorrow morning as it is late.... i couldnt find the mexico sub forum would that be somewhere else. can you give me what is needed for the 1-864 as well i know its

*i864

*tax return copy

*joint sponser i-864

*joint sponser tax return

*and the cover letter from thr payment portal

will i need anything else

FRwim4.png

thank you again. i think i got that part, im going to complete tomorrow morning as it is late.... i couldnt find the mexico sub forum would that be somewhere else. can you give me what is needed for the 1-864 as well i know its

*i864

*tax return copy

*joint sponser i-864

*joint sponser tax return

*and the cover letter from thr payment portal

will i need anything else

The Mexico sub-forum can be found here: http://www.visajourn...-the-caribbean/

AOS documents:

-bar-coded cover sheet from the payment portal

-cover letter (optional)

-completed and signed I-864 by petitioner

-tax info of petitioner, either recent year or 3 years (tax transcripts OR 1040s and W2s)

-employment letter of petitioner (optional)

-pay stubs of petitioner (optional)

-completed and signed I-864 by co-sponsor (I-864a if household member of petitioner)

-tax info of co-sponsor, either recent year or 3 years (tax transcripts OR 1040s and W2s)

-employment letter of co-sponsor (optional)

-pay stubs of co-sponsor (optional)

-proof of US citizenship/residency of co-sponsor (US birth certificate, US passport, US naturalization certificate, or green card if LPR)

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

for the supportng documents so i need to mail them in or do i email them in? on the start process it says to mail in but earlier it states that if we mail anything in it will delay the nvc process if you can answer that question for me since you already did ur ep i would greatly appreciate it. or if anyone else has done theres by electronic processing i would greatly appreciate a response im trying to do my ds-260 form right now so i can send it already

FRwim4.png

for the supportng documents so i need to mail them in or do i email them in? on the start process it says to mail in but earlier it states that if we mail anything in it will delay the nvc process if you can answer that question for me since you already did ur ep i would greatly appreciate it. or if anyone else has done theres by electronic processing i would greatly appreciate a response im trying to do my ds-260 form right now so i can send it already

You have to EMAIL both packages. You're required to do EP for Mexico, so you can't snail mail anything in. Everything has to be by email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.