Pohtaytoh

Pink?

27 posts in this topic

Continuation from these threads:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/307306-stunned

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/306873-please-help-cho-ray

We were called by Cho Ray on July 12th stating that the Sputum Culture test was complete, and the results were good. They informed us we should come in to pick up the results the following three days (Wed, Thurs, Fri). We ended up flying out to HCMC on July 20th due to delays in receiving all the necessary funds for the trip. After arriving (1:00pm), we immediately took a taxi to Cho Ray. We stat in the waiting area downstairs similar to when we came in for the medical exam. They didn't give out the x-rays until a little after 2:00pm. They also had a sheet telling us they mailed the results in on the 18th since we didn't come in the previous week. We hurried to the street to take a taxi to the embassy to see if we could make it in time since others have claimed to.

By the time we got to the embassy, it was about 2:45pm. They wouldn't let us in since it was too late. You can only submit the paperwork from 1:00pm to 2:00pm. But, they wanted to help and asked if we had and USC with us. Since I was present, they said to come back at 3:45pm. We waited at the regular waiting area across the street (which was recently renovated). 3:45pm comes around, and only I'm allowed in since it's the time allotted for USC issues. I walked to the Immigrant Visa area, took a number, and waited about 45mins before talking to a consular. He informed me that they received the medical results which were in process for approval. He told me we should receive a call within a day with the results.

The following day we went around HCMC to buy presents and enjoy ourselves while I kept checking my phone for the call. No call came in, so the next day (July 22nd) we head out to the embassy again for the 1:00pm - 2:00pm timeslot. There were a ton of people with their medical results, and we didn't bring along our xray (it's huge >_>). Our number was called the first time, and the first thing she (vietnamese lady this time) asks for is our medical results. We try to explain to her what's going on, but it only served to confuse her. She stopped us once she had the date the medical results we sent (18th of July) and sent us back to the seats. We ended up waiting nearly 2 hours, and during this time people with pink sheets were coming in to pick up their visas. While they were getting theirs, people from our group were starting to get pink and blues handed out.

We were called at the same time as 4 other people, and my wife saw a pink sheet sitting there with her name on it :D! We've been waiting patiently until today the scheduled date (29th). We'll be heading out in a couple hours to go pick up the visa, then buying a plane ticket to the states immediately after :>

wow.. congrats to both...

I-130 Journey

USCIS

06-15-2008 : Marriage

08-16-2008 : I-130 Sent

08-18-2008 : I-130 Received

08-22-2008 : I-130 NOA1

02-02-2009 : I-130 NOA2 Approved 164 days from NOA1

NVC

02-04-2009 : Visited my wife for 2 weeks. 02-22-2009 come back to US

02-11-2009 : Received package from NVC

02-23-2009 : AOS Paid $70 (Online)

02-23-2009 : DS-3032 sent (by email)

02-25-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (AOS)

03-04-2009 : NVC has received the Choice of Agent DS-3032 (Online)

03-04-2009 : IV Application Processing Fees $400 (Online)

03-05-2009 : Payment Received from my bank (IV APS)

03-07-2009 : DS-230, and I-864 Sent (by USPS)

03-12-2009 : USPS confirm arrived at NVC for DS-230, & I-864

03-13-2009 : NVC received DS-230, & I-864 (Case in progress)

03-20-2009 : NVC case completed in 1 week NVC completed 03-20-2009.

04-02-2009 : NVC Left to HCM city

04-22-2009 : Medical Passed

05-12-2009 : Received a package IV from HCM Consulate by email

05-18-2009 : My wife got Pink.. yeah..

05-26-2009 : Visa received

06-18-2009 : US Entry!!! Yeah, my wife finally here.

06-29-2009 : Received SSN from snail mail

07-20-2009 : Green card received by mail

09-15-2009 : Writting test from DVM.

11-03-2009 : Driving Test.

01-20-2010 : Working.

04-20-2011 : Submit I751

04-26-2011 : Received I-797 NOA with Receipt Number

05-11-2011 : Received ASC Appointment Notice

06-03-2011 : Biometrics Apts @ 11:00 AM

10-11-2011 : Submit more evidence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

well done! let us know if you guys got the visa on first try (no delay). i'm getting really tempted to gamble and buy the plane tix w/o visa in hand.

i'm looking up tix online and the cheapest is around 1k+...going to a travel agency tomorrow.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Congrats! Sounds like it's hanger time: http://goo.gl/iSe1c

K-1 Visa

I-129F application received at USCIS: November 30, 2010

I-129F approved: March 28, 2011

Packet 3 Received: April 11, 2011

Packet 3 forms submitted to Consulate: May 4, 2011

Packet 4 received: June 16th, 2011

Interview date: July 25, 2011 (Pink!)

Pick up Visa: August 1, 2011

POE: August 5th, 2001 (Woot!)

well done! let us know if you guys got the visa on first try (no delay). i'm getting really tempted to gamble and buy the plane tix w/o visa in hand.

i'm looking up tix online and the cheapest is around 1k+...going to a travel agency tomorrow.

We're probably gonna buy our tickets through EVA airlines. If you buy two weeks ahead it's only 600-700 per person. I think the only real delays are if any of the paperwork expires before you pick up the visa.

that actually sounds cheap to me for this time of year (maybe i'm crazy). just went on the eva website and tried to do a few one-way reservations but they're sold out.

Just got back from picking up the Visa, and booking the plane tickets. The earliest we could schedule today was for August 17th from SGN to TPE to LAX (nonpremium through EVA which is cheapest and most comfortable). It ended up costing a total of $1720usd ($860x2 including taxes and fees).

Edited by Pohtaytoh

congrats!!

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Timeline

Congrats guys!

About the airplane tix, i think it's pretty ridiculous how one way ticket can cost more than a round trip.

I was able to book flights from HongKong to Chicago, Chicago to Boston using United mileage points. But to go from HCM to Hongkong, it is $540 one way. However if you buy round trip it is $440.

I was able to book a flight with Continental after i transfer mileage points from United to Continental.

I was thinking though, if we buy a round trip ticket, keeping the other one way for open travel. That might benefit us because round trip and one way cost the same.

Good job on staying closed to the issue and pay attention to the deadlines...glad you guys get over it without further delays.

Congratz to you !!!

Timeline

I was thinking though, if we buy a round trip ticket, keeping the other one way for open travel. That might benefit us because round trip and one way cost the same.

i thought about this doanh but round-trip airfare around summer is $1200-$1400...so anything under 1k sounds like a deal to me one way. toward the beginning of sept/oct it gets cheaper.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

An open ended return usually costs more than a normal R/T... keep in mind that it will be q while before she can travel due to the AOS process... better to find a reasonable one way.. try calling the airline directly and do it on a Tuesday afternoon... that is the best time and day of the week to price flights... you also need to look at the difference between days of the week and month of travel... taking time to discuss the options with the agent can save alot of money... I wish I could have got tickets for 1200-1400 for te summer... they cost us 50% more than that on the east coast.. could have saved some money with a 34+ hr trip but that is just too long for me..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.