GRENXA

221g ( Administrave processing)

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Yes i will be there for my husbands interview..like i said if approved great if not living there with him, it wasn't like we settled on this as our last option or anything its just when we got married i had family obligations and couldnt live there at that moment..either way im happy as long as we are together...i am praying for everyone to get approvals and everything to go smoothly..,

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

DS3032 ACCEPTED JULY 18, 2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

INTERVIEW DATE OCT 13, 2011

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Armenia
Timeline

Wish you luck and keep us posted on how the interview goes. From your time line it seems like you guys will have your interview before us

In the end is all about the pursuit of Happiness but family comes first

Hope everything works out for you guys the way you want it to.

Best of Wishes

Timeline

I donot want to turn this thread into a political one but sometimes the way a government follows or not follows the instructions of the USA affects the embassy processing as well.

We were in good terms and now we are not..thank you to whoever steals elections and causes instability

Now back to the little peoples problems( us)

I donot know what the outcome of this process will be for us but i refuse to start making plans for the worst case scenario. We will deal with it if it comes our way.

Lets hope that the wind will be on our back for a smooth sailing

USCIS and NVC are the easiest parts of the process even though the wait is a kill. The hardest part is the interview and i can't get over the fact that there is a complete stranger sitting behind a counter that makes my life decision in a matter of minutes

It is what it is. Maybe we will turn into Mexicans and just cross the border...who knows...or maybe i will just move to Europe and take my darling with me and never look back ...oh wait...whose taxes will pay for all the free loaders and their foo stamps...hmmmmmm.

I should tell that to the CO at the interview :P

Any of you ladies took part or is planning to be in Albania for the interview?

What are your thought on that?

Grenxa hang in there....a glitch is just a glitch and eventually just goes away

For your info , i even called the Senator Team for Immigration issue , they were a big help to me , they called the embassy for me , and they told them the same thing . Admin Process , we have to wait without e definite time . No one can expedite the time :( . in other words they can do whatever, :( . such wonderful laws for people who are law abiding citizens . i would rather had him cross the border then going through this hell .

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

We are in the same boat. My fiance had her interview yesterday in Tirana. They gave her a 221g for no good reason. Really, there is absolutely nothing that would put us into a risk category, and we provided 2x more evidence than they requested (we even offered them a DVD of our engagement party). This process just does not make any sense.

Filed: Timeline

According to the State Department they try to resolve the AP by day 60 but there is no set timeframe. If you do not get a response from the embassy call DOS at 202-663-1225 give them your case number and they will give you an update. Hope this helps

God Bless,

okay i was under the impression the FBI name checks are done when our application is at USCIS or NVC. Do they perform another name check when applications is at Embassy ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

okay i was under the impression the FBI name checks are done when our application is at USCIS or NVC. Do they perform another name check when applications is at Embassy ?

Yeah they also use the fingerprints to do a fingerpring check with FBI and there is a check called CONDOR which I just read about and it seems to take 90 days but i may not have that figure correct. Just remember reading thru it.. and they will also do extra checks if your SO is from a sensitive technology field of education or work. There are so many things they do that we either don't know or understand... this process just feels hopeless!!!! All i want is to be with my husband.... :(

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

We are in the same boat. My fiance had her interview yesterday in Tirana. They gave her a 221g for no good reason. Really, there is absolutely nothing that would put us into a risk category, and we provided 2x more evidence than they requested (we even offered them a DVD of our engagement party). This process just does not make any sense.

Sorry to hear that

Putting people in Ap is unheard of Albania

What did the 221g say?

Good luck

Timeline

They checked off "Other". Next to it, they wrote (my rough Albanian Translation) "Administrative Processing. Please go home and wait for us to call you. We will contact you when we are ready to resume the interview. Contacting us will only make the process longer". More or less that's what was written. I contacted my Congressman and he said that actually the 221g is not totally bad, it just means they haven't made a decision yet. He said that the 212a (which is on the same sheet as differant checkboxes) would be much worse because those are definate refusals. So now we are waiting, who knows for how long... I just wish they could give us a timeframe better than (between 2 weeks and a year) so that we can plan our lives accordingly..

Timeline

Thanks for the info.

I wish that you and your love one reunite soon.

I don't know anything about AP and I am glad for you that 221g is betetr that 221a but checkin a box with a single word " other" is more like saying anything goes....

Anyone has any knowledge as to why is Albania throwing AP's at people for no apparent reason? To the best of my knowledge APs just surfaced this year at the Tirana Embassy

Anyone correct me if I am wrong

Timeline

Thanks for the info.

I wish that you and your love one reunite soon.

I don't know anything about AP and I am glad for you that 221g is betetr that 221a but checkin a box with a single word " other" is more like saying anything goes....

Anyone has any knowledge as to why is Albania throwing AP's at people for no apparent reason? To the best of my knowledge APs just surfaced this year at the Tirana Embassy

Anyone correct me if I am wrong

yeah it just started like the last 4-5 months been speculation its the american ambassadors doing to the problems with the elections ..but who knows all speculation ....my husband is up for interview Oct 13th, hoping the best , fearing the worst..someone said its more likely to get ap if spouse in USA Albanian also anyone heard this? Good luck to all here..

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Timeline

yeah it just started like the last 4-5 months been speculation its the american ambassadors doing to the problems with the elections ..but who knows all speculation ....my husband is up for interview Oct 13th, hoping the best , fearing the worst..someone said its more likely to get ap if spouse in USA Albanian also anyone heard this? Good luck to all here..

I don't know if being a USA Albanian spouse gives you a larger chance of an AP or not. In our case that isn't true because I am a USA citizen (born in USA) and I am not Albanian. After thinking about this for many nights i'm wondering whether its because of my fiance's age (she is 22). Although there is only a 5 year difference between us, i'm wondering whether they are giving younger people (younger than 30) more APs than people that are older. Maybe they have some statistic that shows that younger people are more likely to cheat the system. I still don't know why we are in AP, but if I do find out i'll let you all know.

Timeline

I think that, if the spouse of the beneficiary is a US born citizen it will be more scrutinized at the interview just because (my opinion) an (Albanian) US citizen has a more understandable reason to be married in Albania.

but thats just an opinion. Also all the Albanian members here at VJ when they describe the interview day it seems like there are a lot of people applying for visa there, and for a small country like Albania that may rise flags.

We all are very frustrated about whats going on at the US embassy in Tirana and hopefully it ends soon!!!!!!

Timeline

I hope the process gets better too, but some part of me says that it probably won't unless a seriously large number of people start to speak up about it. From what I see, ALL people that I talk to, hate the visa process, but once they get through it, they are so relieved that they just want to forget about it and go on with their lives. I talked to a few people at work these past months that are from various nationalities and came on various types of visas. I one thing all of them have in common is that they all have the same negative view of this process. I was having this conversation with my Indian friend just today, he came on a student visa. He said that he was denied so many times, that finally when he was approved he thought they were just joking with him, and he didn't believe them until he actually passed immigration here in the US.

As for people that have never been through this process before, they will never feel our pain anyways. You need to go through the visa process firsthand in order to fully appreciate how painful it is.

Timeline

I hope the process gets better too, but some part of me says that it probably won't unless a seriously large number of people start to speak up about it. From what I see, ALL people that I talk to, hate the visa process, but once they get through it, they are so relieved that they just want to forget about it and go on with their lives. I talked to a few people at work these past months that are from various nationalities and came on various types of visas. I one thing all of them have in common is that they all have the same negative view of this process. I was having this conversation with my Indian friend just today, he came on a student visa. He said that he was denied so many times, that finally when he was approved he thought they were just joking with him, and he didn't believe them until he actually passed immigration here in the US.

As for people that have never been through this process before, they will never feel our pain anyways. You need to go through the visa process firsthand in order to fully appreciate how painful it is.

I understand your frustration as I'm very stressed my self. Our interview it's on 31 of October and the closer it gets the harder it is.

Sometimes the less you know about something the easer it is.

thats what i tell my self: I wish i never knew about this forum and just did the things that nvc asked for.....but more i read about other people stories more worried I become

with what i have understood with the visa process in general is that, Yes its a very complicated process but that's also because a lot of people abuse it!

Every couple it's a story in its self.

A lot of people that go through this process make decisions that it will effect the rest of their lives.

And at the end of the day I just want my wife to be with me ASAP and if CO gives her the visa on the day of the first interview than this process for me its worth it!!!

Timeline

I understand your frustration as I'm very stressed my self. Our interview it's on 31 of October and the closer it gets the harder it is.

Sometimes the less you know about something the easer it is.

thats what i tell my self: I wish i never knew about this forum and just did the things that nvc asked for.....but more i read about other people stories more worried I become

with what i have understood with the visa process in general is that, Yes its a very complicated process but that's also because a lot of people abuse it!

Every couple it's a story in its self.

A lot of people that go through this process make decisions that it will effect the rest of their lives.

And at the end of the day I just want my wife to be with me ASAP and if CO gives her the visa on the day of the first interview than this process for me its worth it!!!

yeah this is happening to me too, after knowing about AP im worried..and i agree maybe the less i knew..:)..i dont know if its effecting younger people or not but good point..i know my husbands cousin was approved in Jan and she was 22 she just had to show more proof of relationship(via skype and photos) i thank God got a rfe and they got sent like 3 lbs of proof for I130 plus we have more for interview..lol Im USA born and not Albanian either.

event.png

preg.png

ENGAGED AUGUST 18, 2010

MARRIED OCT 21, 2010

FILED I-130 NOV 13,2010

NOA 1 NOV 15, 2010

NOA 2 JUNE 15, 2011

CASE # JULY 13,2011

AOS paid JULY 20, 2011

Sent AOS JULY 23, 2011

IV paid JULY 25, 2011

IV sent JULY 28, 2011

CASE CLOSED AUG 8, 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.