4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Ok I need some help here if possible!! The wife and I got married July 9th and now we need to start the next step of Adjustmen of Status and I dont think I need to be paying a lawyer to do this for me. What do I need to do to get this done, I have been doing the Google thing and have found this web site and I think I have all the correct forms, but this is important and want to make sure. Can anyone help me with this and does anyone have any pointer?? I know when we went thru Passport control they kept all her documents along with her I 693, so does she have to do this again or will they already have a copy?? Any help or some pointers on any of this pros would be great!!!

Moose

Rather than receiving differing (& sometimes mis-information) information from individual members of this forum-try following this guide - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/317681-life-after-k1-poe/ I found this forum users info most helpful. A tip from me would be to make sure you have d/loaded the most up to date/current forms from U.S Goverment official website. This is V.V important.

Hope this helps-Matt

Edited by matt*lene

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Obviously, start with the guides. 95% of what you'll need to know is there.

They didn't keep her I-693 because she doesn't have an I-693 yet. An I-693 is only filled out by a civil surgeon in the US. Panel physicians in foreign countries have a different set of forms they fill out. Those are the forms they should have kept.

Did she get a DS-3025 vaccination record from the panel physician at her visa medical? You might need to get a civil surgeon to transcribe her vaccinations to an I-693 before submitting it to USCIS.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Check this for step by step guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

to apply Adjusment Status (AOS) and Employment Authorisation (EAD) and Advance Parole (AP) in same time

1.Filing Fee, personal check, # , $ 1,070.00

(I-485 fee $ 985.00 + Biometric fee $ 85.00) *(the fee is for 3 proccess in same time..if you dont do that in the same time it will be more expensive)

2. Cover Page *(basicly explains what you have on the packet just like this list. this Cover Page is NOT REQUIRED but can helps you organized your document screening)

3. G-1145

4. I-485

5. Passport (copy) w/ biographical page & Copy of K-1 Visa & POE entry stamp

6. Copy of I-797, Approved NOA-2 for K-1 Visa

7. Copy of I-94 *(this is white departure card that you get on POE)

8. Copy of birth certificate w/translation into English

9. Copy of Marriage Certificate

10. G-325A w/ (2) Passport photos

11. DS-3025 Vaccination Record, *(which somecase you dont have it because its on the brown envelope you gave to the POE but its okay if you dont have it) if you have the copy will be great

12. Copy of Vaccination card

13. I-864 Affidavit of Support w/3 years of tax returns, 2010, 2009 & 2008

14. Petitioner employment letter

15. Petitioner pay stub

(for Employment or EAD)

16. I-765 w/ (2) Passport photos

17. G-1145 – Form for E-notification of Application/Petition Acceptance

(for Advance Parole)

18. I-131 - Application for Travel Document (Advanced Parole)

19. 2 passport photos (US passport size)

notes

check this thread too

http://www.visajourn...-list-included/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.