honestlyspkng

Notification for Biometrics

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

07/09/2011 my wife received her NOA receipt for the I-751 application, and her daughter received a similar I-797C (VERIFICATION OF INCLUSION OF A DEPENDENT), and following that notice was another I-797 stating the date for my wife's biometrics. The child did not receive such notification at this time. Does the biometrics include fingerprinting for the replacement greencard? Even though the child is only eight years old now, the original card did have her fingerprint. I understand children under the age of 14 do not require biometrics, but still, I had to pay for it. UCIS money thing) Just wondering what happens if the child does not have her prints taken as before, and they discover this later.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

07/09/2011 my wife received her NOA receipt for the I-751 application, and her daughter received a similar I-797C (VERIFICATION OF INCLUSION OF A DEPENDENT), and following that notice was another I-797 stating the date for my wife's biometrics. The child did not receive such notification at this time. Does the biometrics include fingerprinting for the replacement greencard? Even though the child is only eight years old now, the original card did have her fingerprint. I understand children under the age of 14 do not require biometrics, but still, I had to pay for it. UCIS money thing) Just wondering what happens if the child does not have her prints taken as before, and they discover this later.

Anyone have a similar experience?

Everyone in your situation has had a similar situation.... because what you are experiencing is the process...

You pay but they will not do biometrics on the child... You will need to get the child a new card when she turns 14 and then you will pay for biometrics and then and only then will they actually do it.

YMMV

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Everyone in your situation has had a similar situation.... because what you are experiencing is the process...

You pay but they will not do biometrics on the child... You will need to get the child a new card when she turns 14 and then you will pay for biometrics and then and only then will they actually do it.

Thanks so much for yur reply. I have constantly been on edge throughout the process because I am anticipating the mistakes that I have heard about and many others here hava had to deal with. Our child did receive a notification that she has been verified as a dependent in the request for removal of conditions of the principal (mother) and this receipt alllows her to remain in the US for one year from the filing date or until a final decision has been made, whichever comes first. I am assuming she will receive a new card when her mother does, if I am understanding the one year thing, and the connection with the final decision on mother. Is the fingerprinting part of biometrics? If so, the child has had her prints taken already and it shows on the card she has now. I have not received fingerprint cards as I have read I should. Should I see this as a problem to be addressed?

Thanks again for the time you spend here helping others.

Honestlyspkng

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.