Caladan

Passport Canada

12 posts in this topic

Anyone had a hard time getting Passport Canada to process a passport in a timely manner? My fiancé applied for his passport back in July and they say 20 business days processing time. It's now September and no passport.

How can we light a fire under their behinds? What's the Canadian equivalent of 'call your Congressman and ###### about it'? It would be ironic if we move faster through the visa process than we do the passport process. And I'm going to be royally pissed off if I do everything right on this end and we get held up because of his end.

This is partially stressing me because I'm annoyed with my fiancé's last-minute attitude towards things. I've been trying to get him to apply for a long-form birth certificate for weeks now, but apparently that's somehow really hard requiring all of ten minutes of paperwork. Meanwhile, I put together a sixty page I-129F application by myself except for the signatures.

I love him, but I'm going to kick his butt if I hear another excuse about how hard it is to get a birth certificate.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

he can order his Birth certificate online.... just tell him to go here and look for the province he was born in and it will give him all the info... http://canadaonline.about.com/od/birthcertificates/

I am not sure about the passport thing... did he try and contact them?

I just found this he can check the status of his passport application online...

https://www.pptc.gc.ca/service/contact/stat...est.aspx?lang=e

or there are different ways of contacting them here....

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/service/contact.aspx?lang=e

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

He stopped in, so he says, about four weeks ago and they said 'in two weeks.'

AOS

-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He can call his MP (Member of Parliament) to find out what the delay is about his passport. They have a special phone number that they can call and get a status up date. The Passport office is usually pretty good at getting passports processed within their time limit so he does need to find out why the delay. He can find his MP's name and phone number in the Blue (Government) pages of the phone book. He/she should have a 1-800 number if the closest office is long distance and he can give all of the information necessary over the phone (full name, dob, etc).

He can also look up the Passport office in the blue pages. There will be a toll-free number for him to call for enquiries. I would go through the MP, personally - they have more resources and can do a follow up, if necessary.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Thanks for your help!

AOS

-

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am surpised it is taking so long for the passport maybe they take longer now ...

Two years ago when I applied for my passport in BC I arrived at the passport office on a Thursday and I received my passport the following Thursday ... Took only about a week which really impressed me ...

K-1 VISA
08-05-06 - Married in Sycamore IL

AOS / EAD
08-24-06 - AOS/EAD mail to Chicago (Day 1)

11-06-06 - GC & Welcome Letter arrive in Mail (Day 75)

I-751
09-23-08 - Sent Package via USPS (Day 1)
01-02-09 - Received GC in mail (with wrong Resident Since date) (Day 101)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am surpised it is taking so long for the passport maybe they take longer now ...

Two years ago when I applied for my passport in BC I arrived at the passport office on a Thursday and I received my passport the following Thursday ... Took only about a week which really impressed me ...

yeah, I got mine in a week last summer. That is odd. Maybe it depends on how close to an actual passport creation site you live!

As for the birth certificate, he can order it online. Mine was from Quebec and I faxed it in with photocopies of my ID that they required, to speed it up. It came in the mail in less than two weeks.

Give me your boyfriends number and I will call him and give him hell. Molasses- like men are an irritant to me lately! I have one of my own. -lol:

04/13/06 - I-129F mailed

04/18/06 - NOA1

08/30/06 - NOA2

09/26/06 - received at NVC

09/27/06 - forwarded to consulate

20/11/06 - visa in my pocket!

14/01/07 - POE

13/04/07 - marriage

27/04/07 docs sent in for AOS, EAD, AP

26/06/07 - biometrics appointment

02/17/07 - AP and EAD arrive

03/03/08 - Infopass - where the heck is my AOS interview?? No one knows!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Definatly a good idea to call and find out why the delay! I had to send away for my sons passport because the father section of his long form Birth Cert. is blank .. The local office said all of the more complicated ones have to go East to the main office along with an explanation why there is only one parent. It went in the mail from BC to Quebec. I got his passport 3 weeks later !

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

Filed: Other Timeline

it takes longer if you mail in the application than if you actually go to the passport office to deliver your application. In most cases, to hand deliver it takes a 3 to 4 hour wait in their offices, and then one week to get it back. If you mail it, it can take several weeks for them to process it.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I went in on Monday morning to the passport office, paid an extra $10 to have it ready in two weeks and for pick up. They gave me a receipt saying pick up is on the 11th. If I need it earlier I can call and request it for whatever day I need it on.

I completely understand the laid back attitude and doing things last minute :D Do they not know how stressful this is? I've made it too easy for my fiance too. He keeps saying "I was willing to hire a lawyer". lol

I say.... KICK HIS BUTT! Make him get on it and find out whats going n with his passport. Maybe he doesn't realize that it's "for pick-up"? and not mailed out. The passport thing in Canada shouldn't take too long.

Good luck & best wishes (F)

Thank-you to everyone who offered us their help. Best wishes to everyone and good luck on their journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.