elmcitymaven

A question about the TOS

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

:lol: i didn't even see this until now. i should have known it was coming. :pop: ...good times. carry on.

oh captain, when you're done with this one: is it a TOS violation to coordinate a group effort off-site, to get a staff member in hot water? please keep in mind, the staff member in question was merely responding in kind to repeated personal attacks....but, i think you already knew that was happening. :)

Can I ask why you think there's a group effort to get someone 'in hot water'? Can anyone get anyone else in trouble if he didn't do anything wrong?

no forces any of US to walk the TOS tight rope. the cuts go both ways brother. if we want nicey nicey...we need to be nicey nicey.

You're obfuscating. The fact remains that the staff member in question did violate TOS repeatedly. That's what this is about. Any complaints you may have about other members are simply not germane to this conversation.

Can I ask why you think there's a group effort to get someone 'in hot water'? Can anyone get anyone else in trouble if he didn't do anything wrong?

i'm just judging by the odd # of +1s on certain posts...i'm not part of the FB group anymore, so i can't see what is happening....we're still waiting to see if the water temp is rising & IMHO- if someone wants to make personal attacks, they should expect them in return.

seriously, the mods have enough things to do. they don't need to be mopping up after or chasing US bad kids around the yard. its really simple. post w/ the same respect we want..or..suck it up when it comes back around.

7yqZWFL.jpg

You're obfuscating. The fact remains that the staff member in question did violate TOS repeatedly. That's what this is about. Any complaints you may have about other members are simply not germane to this conversation.

oh ok. sorry i if i have disrupted the 'mission' w/ truth. :)

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

as the great almaty says: vj jeesh!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

... if someone wants to make personal attacks, they should expect them in return.

This isn't the wild wild west. That's not how it works. We no longer settle conflicts with duels :)

There is a report button and there are means to escalate concerns (this thread is an example) when the report button does not seem to work.

post w/ the same respect we want..or..suck it up when it comes back around.

Again, the appropriate response to a perceived personal attack is not to personally attack in return. This is not the wild west. It is to escalate your concerns to the appropriate people.

This isn't the wild wild west. That's not how it works. We no longer settle conflicts with duels :)

There is a report button and there are means to escalate concerns (this thread is an example) when the report button does not seem to work.

Again, the appropriate response to a perceived personal attack is not to personally attack in return. This is not the wild west. It is to escalate your concerns to the appropriate people.

:lol: yes the appropriate response. how often does that happen in reality?? heads up..the halo is crooked

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Inventing offsite conspiracies is antagonistic in its own right, has nothing at all to do with the enforcement of the TOS on this site, nor would it be anything that the site admin could have any oversight over.

It is simply irrelevant.

i'm just judging by the odd # of +1s on certain posts...i'm not part of the FB group anymore, so i can't see what is happening....we're still waiting to see if the water temp is rising & IMHO- if someone wants to make personal attacks, they should expect them in return.

seriously, the mods have enough things to do. they don't need to be mopping up after or chasing US bad kids around the yard. its really simple. post w/ the same respect we want..or..suck it up when it comes back around.

I think that's bootstrapping and drawing the wrong conclusions. There is NOT ONE post on there asking for +1s or asking for anyone to contribute to any thread here.

I think that's bootstrapping and drawing the wrong conclusions. There is NOT ONE post on there asking for +1s or asking for anyone to contribute to any thread here.

oh yah? invite me back so i can check...before they're deleted ;) & i'll retract that comment & state its a big 'kumbaya fest' over there.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Is there an answer forthcoming on my question? I'm not trying to stir anything up, but merely seeking a clarification of the TOS on this topic.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

To say that personal attacks are warranted when they are in response to personal attacks betrays a complete lack of understanding of TOS.

*yawn* no, you don't say?

Is there an answer forthcoming on my question? I'm not trying to stir anything up, but merely seeking a clarification of the TOS on this topic.

:lol:

7yqZWFL.jpg