Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Steve and Poy

Photograph requirements for various parts of the K1?

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

The original K1 packet requires a photo of myself and my fiancee:

"Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image's total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head...."

It seemed to me that I once read that she must bring a photo to the Bangkok embassy when she goes for the interview.

Would anyone please tell me the requirements for this or any other photos that are required through the K1 process in Thailand.

Also, if anyone knows where to get such photos in Chiang Mai, that would be helpful.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think passport pictures its what they talking about

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

YES.....Passport Photos!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!


Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a passport photo, but when you go to get it done in Thailand, tell them it's for getting a visa at US embassy. The passport picture in Thailand has a different size. Most place should know the requirement for US embassy.


K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you everyone, and thanks Anya, I seemed to remember that there were two different sizes. It would be terrible have my fiancee go to Bkk just to be sent away for the wrong size photo. I remember that there is a place (Immigration Office) near the Airport at Chiang Mai, who does photos, they should know.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.