Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Green Card...

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have been wondering something since I spoke with a lady on the phone after my husband's EAD card was sent back after being lost in the mail. I then asked about our I485 Perm. Resident case and the lady asked where my local USCIS office was and I said Cincinnati and she told me that the local office was still processing files from November 2010 and they were a bit delayed.

My husband just got is EAD/AP card in the mail last week, and looking at other's here on my timeline as April filer's most who were transferred to CSC received their green cards days or weeks after the EAD was granted.

My question is where does the Green Card come from??? Is it our local office here in Cincinnati as the lady said.... and if they are 6 months behind, then most likely we are going to have a long wait for his Green Card and w/o his green card he cannot get his license to drive from what I have read on the Ohio BMV.

So if anyone can shed some light on where the Green Card is produced and sent from that would help ease my mind a little...

Thanks alot

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are not produced at local offices and they do not go to local offices after they are produced. They are sent straight to you so don't worry. Most people receive them within a couple of weeks after approved.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

The card comes after approval. Some couples have interviews (we did), others do not.

If approval happens at the Service Center you will receive approval notice in the mail and the card will follow afterwards. If you have an interview you will learn of approval from the local office at the time of interview or shortly after.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318


PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.