ahkhan99

Police Certificates from Iraq

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi,

My dad lived and worked in Iraq for couple years back in late 70s. Do I need to enter that info in the DS230, line 30? The question is, if I do that, then is he required to get a police clearance certificate from Iraq? And how is he suppose to get that since he doesn't live there anymore? Besides, I highly doubt that Iraq would have any records from that far back. So how do I deal with this, if the US embassy ask for a police certificate from Iraq? Does anyone know or can advice what to do?

Thanks.

Edited by ahkhan99

Hi,

My dad lived and worked in Iraq for couple years back in late 70s. Do I need to enter that info in the DS230, line 30? The question is, if I do that, then is he required to get a police clearance certificate from Iraq? And how is he suppose to get that since he doesn't live there anymore? Besides, I highly doubt that Iraq would have any records from that far back. So how do I deal with this, if the US embassy ask for a police certificate from Iraq? Does anyone know or can advice what to do?

Thanks.

I've read some where that Iraq is not a country they require a police clearance report from. But I would double check with the USCIS or the US Embassy.

Edited by Sunny123

Timeline

I've read some where that Iraq is not a country they require a police clearance report from. But I would double check with the USCIS or the US Embassy.

Well that is what I read. I know two other people who were in the same situation. One was asked to bring police clearance certificate and other not. Both were the same nationality, doing the same type and level of work. So seems like it up to the NVC guy to decide what they want and what not.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Isn't it that if they lived there for a year or more? I always wondered about that because my dad worked all over middle east and he comes home every 3 months. So, wouldn't that not count as 1 year since he's not not there the whole full year...just rationalizing what it says. Anyone who has answers to this would be a great help

"Now Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Heb. 11:1

My Parent's Timeline

2011-03-14: Mailed application to USCIS

2011-03-16: Application was recieved NOA1 to follow in the mail.

2011-03-21: Received text stating application recieved 03/16/2011.

2011-03-28: Received NOA1 for both petition in the mail.

2011-06-20: Received NOA2 for both petition in the mail. (APPROVED!!)

--- NVC ---

2011-07-21: Haven't heard anything from NVC. Called them and was informed that the Approved Petition was received 2011-06-18. What's taking them so long?!?!?!

2011-07-22: Back on track! Called the 24 hr hotline and got the NVC Number (^__^)

2011-07-23: My parents e-mailed NVC and filed DS-3032 electronically.

2011-07-25: I received an e-mail stating that I am the Choice of Agent for my Parents.

2011-07-25: Called NVC and I got their Invoice Identification Number!!!

2011-07-26: Made online payment for AOS Bill.

2011-07-27: Made online payment for IV Bill.

2011-07-29: AOS payment posted PAID

2011-09-27: Sent AOS, DS-230 & supporting documents to NVC.

2011-10-19: CASE COMPLETE

2011-11-17: Medical Complete

2011-12-08: INTERVIEW!!! - MOM got approved. DAD on AP!!!

2011-12-16: DAD was issued a visa

Timeline

Is there an official list of countries where police certificates are required? I mean I have seen some on the web, but I wanted to know if there an official place that is updated and current, that will tell which countries you are required to obtain one and which one not to bother with. Can someone please let me know?

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.