renecherubs

IMBRA for multiple K-1 filing

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi everyone. i would like to ask for any advice regarding our IMBRA RFE. we received our IMBRA RFE yesterday. we are confused because my fiance filed a CR-1 for his wife now ex-wife in 1998. he didn't file for K-1 petition before except this time for me. does we need to file for request for waiver. does this IMBRA applies to us? pls help us. :help:

as1cHr40g410000MTU3bHN8MDQ1MTAzNGx8c2luY2Ugd2UgbWV0IGluIG1hdGNo.gif

as1cJK60g410000MDAwMDEwN2x8MDE1NWxzfHNpbmNlIHdlIGZvdW5kIG91ciBsb3Zl.gif

event.png

as1cJYl0g410010MDAwNTQ2NnN8MDE1NnN8c2luY2Ugd2VkZGluZyBkYXk.gif

does any of this apply to your fiance?

http://www.arctec.com/imbra.html

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oh, he probably missed out in filing a written request, in the form of a cover letter for his I-129F petition on YOU, for an IMBRA waiver.

But it doesn't make sense, as there's a 2 year window, as well - so perhaps he has other women prior to you, that he filed an I-129F for?

*** not a K-3 visa topic, moving to K-1 visa forum, for now ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

hi everyone. i would like to ask for any advice regarding our IMBRA RFE. we received our IMBRA RFE yesterday. we are confused because my fiance filed a CR-1 for his wife now ex-wife in 1998. he didn't file for K-1 petition before except this time for me. does we need to file for request for waiver. does this IMBRA applies to us? pls help us. :help:

If you got an RFE for it, don't question it just do what they want. The rules for IMBRA seem to be left up for adjucator interpretation. Send in a written explanation, including of any woman he filed for and attach whatever supporting documentation you have and sign and date your explanations. The IMBRA law was written to protect foreign women from abuse by USC men so in that respect it may not matter whether its CR1 and K1. Good luck.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

thank you for the reply and the link. nothing applied to my fiance's case. but we're making the request for a waiver just to be on the safe side.

Really appreciate your help. thank u sooo much. God bless.

event.png

Timeline

thank you for the reply and the link. nothing applied to my fiance's case. but we're making the request for a waiver just to be on the safe side.

Really appreciate your help. thank u sooo much. God bless.

event.png

Timeline

If you got an RFE for it, don't question it just do what they want. The rules for IMBRA seem to be left up for adjucator interpretation. Send in a written explanation, including of any woman he filed for and attach whatever supporting documentation you have and sign and date your explanations. The IMBRA law was written to protect foreign women from abuse by USC men so in that respect it may not matter whether its CR1 and K1. Good luck.

thank u so much for the sound advice. we're doing exactly that. we already have a request for waiver and with supporting documents: previous marriage certificate, NOA2 of the CR-1 petition, the NVC letter and the divorce decree. is there any other important document we need to submit together with these documents to solidify our claim that he didn't file the K-1 petition before?

we're totally grateful for your advice. we didn't know what to do. thank u sooo much.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.