one...two...tree

Down but not out: Voices of the long-term unemployed

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

No. I am around 53. :lol: After 35 years I would tell them to KISS MY @SS and walk out! Whats the point?

...you didn't get the question.

From your other post, I can assume you would just lie on your resume and fake a few low end jobs to get employed at a grocery store.

Edited by Sousuke

If you think that Safeway is expecting a long term commitment from a cashier, I think you will find they have a pretty high turnover in those positions. Again all just excuses for lazy people.

I think you will find Safeway is looking to hire people who will actually stick around for a bit, and not bail when a better job comes a long. Believe it or not they aren't going to hire an engineer to push buttons on a register when they could hire someone happy being a cashier.

That's not an "excuse" that's reality.

Unless you think grocery store managers aren't good managers when it comes to hiring practices - which is what it kinda sounds like.

...you didn't get the question.

From your other post, I can assume you would just lie on your resume and fake a few low end jobs to get employed at a grocery store.

which isn't going to work when every company out there calls your previous employer for a reference - which will confirm job title and salary but nothing else. Sounds like someone isn't familiar with how real business operate......

90day.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

which isn't going to work when every company out there calls your previous employer for a reference - which will confirm job title and salary but nothing else. Sounds like someone isn't familiar with how real business operate......

Tis true. I suppose you could create fake references too, but that just means your digging a bigger and bigger hole of lies.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

A doctorate in Physics and dual citizenship will make it pretty easy to get a job. Sorry I cannot answer you with experience. I made sure that all my children had a least master's degrees and all have remained gainfully employed throughout the recent down turn with no help from Obama. Woe is me. None of my kids have been deemed "redundant" What can I say? Perhaps you can relate some experience of becoming redundant? I have none. It is not something I worry about...call me naive.

I will note that almost no one on welfare has a college degree, I'll take the risk and get all my kids well educated. You will have to pose the "what ifs" to someone else.

Good for you, Gary. I'm glad you can make these claims. I have never been deemed redundant in any capacity, despite you hostile allusions. As for people with college degrees on welfare, read the OP.

I think you will find Safeway is looking to hire people who will actually stick around for a bit, and not bail when a better job comes a long. Believe it or not they aren't going to hire an engineer to push buttons on a register when they could hire someone happy being a cashier.

That's not an "excuse" that's reality.

Unless you think grocery store managers aren't good managers when it comes to hiring practices - which is what it kinda sounds like.

QFT!!!!

Tis true. I suppose you could create fake references too, but that just means your digging a bigger and bigger hole of lies.

Being a regular poster on an immigration website is something to be proud of, isn't it? laughing.gif

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

No. I am around 53. :lol: After 35 years I would tell them to KISS MY @SS and walk out! Whats the point?

The point is you would be out of a job.

Get it?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The point is you would be out of a job.

Get it?

Exactly, who would hire a 53 y/o man who worked for the same firm for 35 years.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow. Simply wow.

So if this is where your ethics begin, who are you to judge those who choose to collect unemployment, not to work and look for an appropriate job, rather than do what you would do???

You do what works for you. I am just guessing anyway as I have never been unemployed. I would collect unemployment AND work. I would probably try to get at least SOME work under the table if I could. My ethics begin at caring for my family, everything else takes a backseat. That's just me.

If you think that Safeway is expecting a long term commitment from a cashier, I think you will find they have a pretty high turnover in those positions. Again all just excuses for lazy people.

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.