snooky007

PANICKING!!!!!!!!!! Need some advice

11 posts in this topic

I am so worried right now. My Fiance planned to attend the interview with me next week but things have changed and he can't make it. :angry: . We had planned that he will bring along all the original document but now that is not possible I only have scanned copies of everything. Does anyone know by any chance if this is any good or I should just go ahead and cancel/reschedule the appointment. :bonk::bonk: Please I need some support right now cos I am tearing apart. Another question is my fiance makes about $80,000 but his mum and brother are partial dependants do you think this is enough (for the embassy) to support me as well? This has been a long process and I am getting fed up. :help::help:

Thanks for you help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i think scannes are copies are fine, they dont keep any original document i have read. Maybe it depends on the embassy

[*]june2009: met online

[*]july 28 2009: start dating

[*]october 09 2009: met in person

[*]oct 11 2009:he proposed :D i know crazy lol

[*]october 28 2009: deployment to iraq :(

[*]november 05 2010: visit to mexico for 20 days :D

[*]november 25 2010: last time i hold him :(

[*]january 18 2011: k-1 sent

[*]feb 09 2011:NOA1

[*]june 03 2011: NOA2 :D

[*]july 1st 2011: packet 3 yayy

[*]august 18 2011: interview! hoping for the best

[*]august 18 2011: APROVED :D

[*]sepyember 3 2011: POE

[*]september 6 2011: marriage yayy

jXxLm5.png

The originals you need are the signed I-134 and signed letter from employer (if you are using that.) A tax transcript should be fine scanned or a copy of the tax return or pay stubs. But as long as he needs to send the I-134, he could include his other proofs of income. There's nothing else you need from him.

Options I can think of:

1. There's Global Priority Mail or Fed-Ex to get them there. Expensive, but an option.
  2. You could request a reschedule and wait around for them to assign you an interview.
  3. You could show up with scanned copies and explain you didn't actually have your interview documents in hand when you signed the DS-2001. They will have you send the documents by their courier along with your passport. Then you wait a for them to get back to your case. I've seen people wait from a couple of weeks to over a month. £25.50 to get things to the embassy and back again.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You need original signatures on the forms and letter! Fax/scanned copys wont do. Get him to send them out super express.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

The originals you need are the signed I-134 and signed letter from employer (if you are using that.) A tax transcript should be fine scanned or a copy of the tax return or pay stubs. But as long as he needs to send the I-134, he could include his other proofs of income. There's nothing else you need from him.

Options I can think of:

1. There's Global Priority Mail or Fed-Ex to get them there. Expensive, but an option.
  2. You could request a reschedule and wait around for them to assign you an interview.
  3. You could show up with scanned copies and explain you didn't actually have your interview documents in hand when you signed the DS-2001. They will have you send the documents by their courier along with your passport. Then you wait a for them to get back to your case. I've seen people wait from a couple of weeks to over a month. £25.50 to get things to the embassy and back again.

He already scanned a the I-134 to me. I don't think the Global priority mail can get anything here by monday morning before I leave for london. I have no hope of having any original document sent to me from hawaii...its like the end of the world.

He already scanned a the I-134 to me. I don't think the Global priority mail can get anything here by monday morning before I leave for london. I have no hope of having any original document sent to me from hawaii...its like the end of the world.

I meant a scanned copy of the I-134..I just have to pray this works because there is not much to be done in 2days, and its weekend

. Another question is my fiance makes about $80,000 but his mum and brother are partial dependants do you think this is enough (for the embassy) to support me as well?

Thanks for you help

$80,000 is enough to support, oh, about 14 people. So you are definitely fine with that!!

And don't worry about everything else. If there is no way to get the originals before the interview then just go ahead with the copies. You certainly won't be delayed longer than you would if you rescheduled the interview. They should be able to, basically, approve the visa pending receipt of the original documents. Yes, you'll be delayed a little bit, but ultimately this is NOTHING to worry about.

Edited by JoannaV

$80,000 is enough to support, oh, about 14 people. So you are definitely fine with that!!

And don't worry about everything else. If there is no way to get the originals before the interview then just go ahead with the copies. You certainly won't be delayed longer than you would if you rescheduled the interview. They should be able to, basically, approve the visa pending receipt of the original documents. Yes, you'll be delayed a little bit, but ultimately this is NOTHING to worry about.

Thanks JoannaV, thats something not to worry about anymore. Thank you

Sorry to hijack the thread but you've brought up something of concern-

My fiance's letter of employment was written, signed and dated by his boss who lives in Arizona despite being the boss of a company based in San Jose, CA. He commutes every few months. His letter of employment was emailed to my fiance. The signature is therefore original, but on an emailed PDF. Will that be acceptable? Because there is no way for us to get another.

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

8th August - Interview in London. APPROVED!

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

20th Oct - Biometrics Letter (for 14th Nov)

28th Oct - Biometrics (walk-in)

2 0 1 2

3 Jan - Service Request Put In

13 Jan - EAD Approved

17 Jan - Interview Notice Received

24 Jan - EAD in hand

16 Feb - Interview Date. APPROVED!

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

6 Jan - Biometrics (walk-in)

15 May - Card Ordered / Approved

Sorry to hijack the thread but you've brought up something of concern-

My fiance's letter of employment was written, signed and dated by his boss who lives in Arizona despite being the boss of a company based in San Jose, CA. He commutes every few months. His letter of employment was emailed to my fiance. The signature is therefore original, but on an emailed PDF. Will that be acceptable? Because there is no way for us to get another.

What other forms of income proof do you have besides the letter? Maybe you have enough without worrying if the letter is acceptable.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Yeah we have his tax return, w2s, pay stubs and bank statement as well as the letter.

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

8th August - Interview in London. APPROVED!

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

20th Oct - Biometrics Letter (for 14th Nov)

28th Oct - Biometrics (walk-in)

2 0 1 2

3 Jan - Service Request Put In

13 Jan - EAD Approved

17 Jan - Interview Notice Received

24 Jan - EAD in hand

16 Feb - Interview Date. APPROVED!

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

6 Jan - Biometrics (walk-in)

15 May - Card Ordered / Approved

Yeah we have his tax return, w2s, pay stubs and bank statement as well as the letter.

Don't worry about the letter then.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.