CarrieCarrasco

K1 visa before final interview

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

Hola a todos!!

My name is Carrie and my fiance Rodrigo and I have been working on filling out forms and getting our paperwork together for his final interview scheduled for July 27th in Santiago, Chile. He received a packet about a month ago that included form DS-230, 156, 156K and 157. Both of us have read the instructions numerous times and have also looked for help on the US embassy in Chile website but we are still very confused. Also, we have sent emails but the embassy does not adequately answer out questions.

First off, should forms DS-230, 156, 156K and 157 (signed/unsigned/duplicated/with photos etc.) all be sent in the embassy before arriving for the interview? I am fairly confident that DS-230 needs to be sent in.

Also, is it weird that the first letter contact that my fiance had with the US embassy included his final interview date without any information regarding his medical examination? The US emailed me back saying that it is very important that he has the medical examination information and so we emailed them saying that it was not included; we are currently waiting for a response. I thought that we would initially receive a packet, send the forms back (whichever they are) and then receive a final packet that includes the medical information.

We pretty much have all the documents together including the affidavit of support and I believe that those need to be presented in person by my fiance on the date of his interview.

Lastly, the fourth step in our instructions says,

"Tan pronto que haya obtenido los documentos, lea cuidadosamente la declaracion al pie esta pagina, firmela, pongale fecha, y remita por correo este formulario junto a las fotografias antes senaladas. Una vez que sean recibidos este formulario y las fotografias en esta oficina, se le citara para la entrevista de visa tan pronto como sea posible. No se puede predecir anticipadamente esta fecha."

--We are not sure what exactly they mean by the declaration and what we are supposed to sign. Is it just the line that appears at the end of page 3 after the list of attached forms or are we missing something. Also, why were we given a final interview date before they have received anything from us?

Please let me know if anyone is familiar with this process and if our information and packet is consistent with those of others. We are still pretty confused and the Embassy does not take phone calls and they have not been prompt or direct in responding to our questions. I am afraid that the 27th is going to get here and my fiance will not have the information about his medical examination or something will not be right.

Thank you,

Carrie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

*** not an IR-1/CR-1 visa topic, moving to K-1 visa forum ***

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hola a todos!!

My name is Carrie and my fiance Rodrigo and I have been working on filling out forms and getting our paperwork together for his final interview scheduled for July 27th in Santiago, Chile. He received a packet about a month ago that included form DS-230, 156, 156K and 157. Both of us have read the instructions numerous times and have also looked for help on the US embassy in Chile website but we are still very confused. Also, we have sent emails but the embassy does not adequately answer out questions.

First off, should forms DS-230, 156, 156K and 157 (signed/unsigned/duplicated/with photos etc.) all be sent in the embassy before arriving for the interview? I am fairly confident that DS-230 needs to be sent in.

Also, is it weird that the first letter contact that my fiance had with the US embassy included his final interview date without any information regarding his medical examination? The US emailed me back saying that it is very important that he has the medical examination information and so we emailed them saying that it was not included; we are currently waiting for a response. I thought that we would initially receive a packet, send the forms back (whichever they are) and then receive a final packet that includes the medical information.

We pretty much have all the documents together including the affidavit of support and I believe that those need to be presented in person by my fiance on the date of his interview.

Lastly, the fourth step in our instructions says,

"Tan pronto que haya obtenido los documentos, lea cuidadosamente la declaracion al pie esta pagina, firmela, pongale fecha, y remita por correo este formulario junto a las fotografias antes senaladas. Una vez que sean recibidos este formulario y las fotografias en esta oficina, se le citara para la entrevista de visa tan pronto como sea posible. No se puede predecir anticipadamente esta fecha."

--We are not sure what exactly they mean by the declaration and what we are supposed to sign. Is it just the line that appears at the end of page 3 after the list of attached forms or are we missing something. Also, why were we given a final interview date before they have received anything from us?

Please let me know if anyone is familiar with this process and if our information and packet is consistent with those of others. We are still pretty confused and the Embassy does not take phone calls and they have not been prompt or direct in responding to our questions. I am afraid that the 27th is going to get here and my fiance will not have the information about his medical examination or something will not be right.

Thank you,

Carrie

Hi Carrie...

Well, you are right those forms have to be sent before the interview , you have to send them along with the instructions signed and dated, just ask your fiance to sign it in the last page (make copies of everything you are sending to them, as a backup) send them as soon as possible.

The Embassy send packets 3(forms and instructions) and 4 (interview date) all together, if they didn't send the medical forms your fiance can still make an appointment with Dr. Grossman (I don't recommend the other Dr.) and take the interview date letter with him to prove that he need his medical examination before that date...I'm pretty sure the Dr. has more copies of those forms, you can explain them that the Embassy forgot to send the medical forms, he will need a photo too (ID size not passport size).

If you have more questions feel free to email me at kai_47@hotmail.com

God bless you

Patty

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.