Panda_T

Steps to Enroll Electric Processing for IR5 after NOA2

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: China
Timeline

Hi, dear all,

I am new here, wish to get some help from you.

I am US citizen and apply green card for my mother, I got NOA2 at 06/28/2011, I call NVC but answered there is no record for my case, maybe still need several days.

1: Can I use USCIS receipt number to request electric processing?

2: After get NVC case number, what's the steps to request electric processing? should I file DS-3032 before do it? who should submit the file DS-3032? can I submit it for my mother?

Thanks ahead.

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

You have to wait until the NVC assign a case number for you. NOA2 it should say your CASE has been forward to NVC. Something important: Just wait for the case number after that you have to be very proactive with NVC. if you put an email in your application they will send you an email telling you that your mom have to have a Register Agent. I Recoment that you see the Wiki link here in VJ..

Good luck! GOD BLESS YOU!

Timeline

You have to wait until the NVC assign a case number for you. NOA2 it should say your CASE has been forward to NVC. Something important: Just wait for the case number after that you have to be very proactive with NVC. if you put an email in your application they will send you an email telling you that your mom have to have a Register Agent. I Recoment that you see the Wiki link here in VJ..

Good luck! GOD BLESS YOU!

Thanks for your quick reply.

What's the register agent? did you mean the agent appointed in form DS-3032? Can I assign myself to be the agent?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

not on the ds-3032 . In fact, you can use the DS-3032 d/l on the wiki page, help your parents to fill it out (they will need two).

You will be using the online payment portal, as well (anyone can use this, not just EP) and when the payments are finally pegged as 'paid', barcoded coversheets are available for download - these must be included in each set - one for the AOS/I-864, another for the IV/DS-230.

Have your parents generated their civil documents and corresponding notarial translations? (these are called white books by many ppl here) -

The police clearance report has some timeliness on it, usually expires within a year ..

There have been reports of casefiles, approved in June, not coming into NVC in a timely fashion - is some stall at CSC, apparently. Unknown as to why.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

no, canadien EP must use something else - they not use ds-3032.

China EP uses DS-3032. the d/l link on the wiki here has a fillable version.

the DS-3032 you'll get via email from NVC is NOT fillable, at all.

China EP is much easier than Canadien EP.. less forms..

your parents must OPT IN for NVC Electronic Processing via email - there's an email they must to send, must attach the SIGNED DS-3032 in PDF format. If they not know how to do this, or not have the gear - wei - you tell them - go to copy shop with DS-3032 - they can scan to pdf there, help to set up the email.

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

Appreciate your help, thank you to reply my question when it's so late.

My mother is in China, when she signs DS-3032, should she sign in Chinese or English? To choose EP, I can send email to enroll EP for her, right?

Is there any requirement that some forms must be sent to NVC from her email, or I can send all forms for her or doesn't matter?

Edited by Panda_T

Timeline

Usually sign DS-3032 in Roman Characters - so she can practice the pin yin version of her name, but I've seen them signed both in chinese characters and pinyin, together.

re: OPT IN EMAIL - the instructions at NVC state the OPT IN EMAIL must come from the Visa Applicant, as the DS-3032 is THEIR agent of choice form.

I've seen where some ppl will 'set it up' in yahoo email, save as a draft, then the foreign person pushes the SEND button.

Once the OPT IN is sent, is usually good time for you to start paying fees at the online payment portal.

The AOS fee is usually available to be paid online, immediately after you receive the DS-3032 kit in your email (with the AOS Fee bill and IIN)

and

the IV fee is usually available after the OPT IN is accepted, a GZO number generated, and the DS-3032 added to the casefile. Don't send the AOS and IV packs until the online fee bill is marked paid on the IV section - it'll slow things down, it's just easier to wait until you have GZO # AND the IV fee bill is marked PAID.

With the exception of the DS-3032 - the rest of the forms will be emailed by you.

For now, haggle with NVC until you get the GUZ casefile number, THEN make sure you've given NVC your email addresses - as YOU NEED THE DS-3032 kit to be emailed (it opens the intake gate for the rest of the process, tis some internal flag at NVC for 'ready for intake' ) and the IIN will be generated, you'll receive it in the AOS fee bill in yer email.

Good Luck ! I see in post 6 I referenced 'parents' where it's just yer mom - my bad..

Timeline

Darnell,

Thank you very much for your useful information and instruction, it covers almost all my questions I could think by now.

One more question: After my mom sends OPT IN email, when I send email to NVCElectronic@state.gov for other forms, what's the format for the email subject to indicate my case?

Timeline

uscis center = CSC? Is some massive problem with casefile shipment from CSC to NVC, since beginning of June... Unsure why, but is noted by many members...

Keep at it until you hear about a GUZ number. When YOU receive that AOS fee bill in YOUR email - is safe for Mom to send in the OPT IN email.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.