Bad_Daddy

Local official wants to make 'South California' 51st state

97 posts in this topic

http://news.yahoo.com/local-official-seeks-split-california-201438204.html

Local official seeks to split California

AP – 1 hr 9 mins ago

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — Thirteen mostly conservative California counties would break away to create a 51st state known as South California under a proposal by a local elected official.

Republican Jeff Stone has asked fellow members of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors to support a motion to bring together officials from the 13 counties to discuss the idea. A vote is scheduled for Tuesday.

Stone says California is too big to govern, which has led the state to raid local government coffers because of runaway spending.

Stone's version of South California would not include Los Angeles County. Instead, it would encompass coastal Orange and San Diego counties, and inland Fresno, Imperial, Inyo, Kern, Kings, Madera, Mariposa, Mono, Riverside, San Bernardino and Tulare counties. It would have a part-time Legislature and no term limits.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Yes yes yes...California is starting to unravel at the seams. I say cut out California from the US, make it it's own country and build a giant wall around it so no Californians can sneak into the US without proper visa documentation and then only for 30 day visits. If they go over their stay..then ban them from the US for life.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Yay, more government! Just what conservatives want.

I think it might also have something to do with the new law in California that requires your child to be taught ** sexual classes in California public schools. California is a cesspool of ultra lib spending and it's broke as broke can get. It's rampant with illegals and ultra lib weirdo's who don't have a clue on how to balance a check book, yet want all their children to be gay as Micheal Jackson and Rossie O'Donnel.

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I say cut out California from the US, make it it's own country and build a giant wall around it so no Californians can sneak into the US without proper visa documentation and then only for 30 day visits.

If California was its own country, it would be WAY wealthier than the rest of the US.

Just imagine what the state of California could do with all that tax money that is currently wasted in Washington.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline

If California was its own country, it would be WAY wealthier than the rest of the US.

Just imagine what the state of California could do with all that tax money that is currently wasted in Washington.

who said we'd just give them the infrastucture or the capability to defend their borders?

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I think it might also have something to do with the new law in California that requires your child to be taught ** sexual classes in California public schools. California is a cesspool of ultra lib spending and it's broke as broke can get. It's rampant with illegals and ultra lib weirdo's who don't have a clue on how to balance a check book, yet want all their children to be gay as Micheal Jackson and Rossie O'Donnel.

Well, their criminal justice system isn't half as ultra liberal as Alaska's. ;)

California would be so better off...and so would the rest of the US if they were to go their own way. Nancy Pelosi as Prime Minister..of course their might be a civil war there...I mean what flag would they adopt...the Mexican flag or the rainbow? :unsure:

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

California would be so better off...and so would the rest of the US if they were to go their own way. Nancy Pelosi as Prime Minister..of course their might be a civil war there...I mean what flag would they adopt...the Mexican flag or the rainbow? :unsure:

The more you post, the more obvious your ignorance becomes. It's no surprise really - coming as you do from a desolate backwater.

Edited by fishdude

1_proposition8_cake.jpg

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Southern California without L.A. That's gonna fly. Millions of people would have to commute from South California to North California each day. North California could just put up a toll booth/border patrol at the 405 and the 10 and make South California's life absolutely miserable. It wouldn't work in reverse so much either. Not as many people live in L.A and work in the I.E and O.C as the reverse.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!