C555

k3 Visa Process

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello :)

I am Canadian and my husband is American. I was denied entry into the states (unknowingly abandoned my application by leaving to US for our honeymoon).

My husband petitioned for my I-130, and we received a letter on April 5th saying it was received.

On june 23rd, we received a letter saying our case was approved and will be forwarded to the NVC, and that the NVC will contact us soon. They have not contacted my husband yet. And when I call the USCIS, they tell me to just wait until the NVC contacts me. I went ahead and called the NVC to see if they have received my application and they have not. Anyone know if this is normal? How long can I expect to wait?

Im wondering what the next step is. Will we have to file any other forms - or are we basically waiting for our interview appointment now?

If someone could please explain, that would really help.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ok, first things first, your petition for a k3 visa has automatically been turned into a CR1/IR1 petition because the NVC received the I-130 before the I-129f which administratively closed the k3 petition and automatically converted it into an IMMIGRANT visa petition...

Now, what you will need to do, is call the NVC once a day or every other day for the next couple of weeks until they tell you that they have received the case file. The NVC says 10 to 15 business days to receive the case file from USCIS, but as in all things immigration, there are just no guarantees. Call often and be proactive with the NVC. When they do get the case file, ask for your NVC case number and your Invoice Identification Number, and then give them both you and your spouses contact information. (emails, phone no. etc...)

You may or may not be assigned to do Electronic Processing for your NVC journey, however I am not sure because I don't know about Canada. If this is the case, all of the documents that you would bring with you to the interview would be scanned into the computer and sent via e-mail to the NVC. If this is not the case then everything (original documents) would be sent in via mail to the NVC in New Hampshire (who would then forward the documents to the consulate where the interview takes place)

There will be some forms to fill out for the NVC, one is called the I-864 Affidavit of Support (AOS) which will have to be filled out by your spouse (and any other co-sponsors if his income does not meet the federal poverty guidelines for the number of family members in his household.) They also request official IRS transcripts for AOS processing and a processing fee of $88.00 USD for the I-864 form.

Then after that goes through, there will be a Immigrant Visa application fee of $404.00 USD. The way that this application will be submitted depends on if you do Electronic Processing or not.

After the NVC receives all of the necessary documentation, they will then forward the case to the appropriate consulate who will then schedule an interview date with you.

Hopefully someone with a little bit more knowledge about how things are done in Canada will come along and help out.

Good Luck!

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

Marriage: 2010-May-28

I-130 Sent : 2011-01-21

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-130 Approved : 2011-05-13

Official NOA2 Received: 2011-05-16

NVC Received: 2011-06-01

Received/sent ds-261: 2011-06-02

AOS Bill Received: 2011-06-03

Pay AOS Bill: 2011-06-07

Pay IV Bill : 2011-06-21

Send AOS/IV Packet: 2011-06-21

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-06-24

Consulate Received : 2011-06-24

Biometrics Appt: 2011-08-03

Medical Appt: 2011-08-10

Interview Date : 2011-08-12

Visa Received : 2011-xx-xx

POE : 2011-xx-xx

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 108 days from your NOA1 date.

angelmoronisiga-2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

First of all, stop waiting. If you are no proactive with NVC you can lose months...and Montreal is already a slow consulate so don't waste time at NVC

Follow the guide in the link

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Be proactive!

Good luck, welcome to VJ

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.