Bonviveur

Does she has to do them again

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi Everyone

Does my Fiancee has to do medical and criminal background check again, she did all that when she got package 3 & 4 and even receive a interview date before IMBRA hit.

I would like to know if any of you have that happen to you, I am hoping the embassy will pick up where they have left off sending her an interview date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi Everyone

Does my Fiancee has to do medical and criminal background check again, she did all that when she got package 3 & 4 and even receive a interview date before IMBRA hit.

I would like to know if any of you have that happen to you, I am hoping the embassy will pick up where they have left off sending her an interview date.

She shouldn't have to. We had not yet received out NOA2 when IMBRA became affective and my fiancee had no problems at all. My understanding is those petitions submitted before the IMBRA came into being, would not be affected by it.

July 7, 2004 - Met Aimee in a chatroom

Dec. 25, 2005 - Went to Phils to meet her the first time

January 7, 2006 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska Service Center.

January 27, 2006 - Received NOA1.

April 18, 2006 @1859 cst - NOA2 - APPROVED!

July 15, 2006 - Packet 4 received

September1, 2006 - Medical

September 8, 2006 - Interview - APPROVED!

October 15, 2006 - Arrived in USA

November 4, 2006 --- WEDDING!!!

April 20, 2007 - Mailed AOS

May 18, 2007 - Biometrics

July 26, 2007---GREEN CARD!(no interview)

April 13, 2009 - Mailed I-751 for Removal of Conditions

May 5, 2009 - NOA (extension approved)

May 18, 2009 - Biometrics appointment arrived today-scheduled for May 29, 2009

August 13, 2009 - Approval for removal of conditions (originally delayed due to RFE)

August 20, 2009 - 10 year green card arrived in mail

June 9, 2010</ - Treygan Isaiah is born

June, 21, 2010 - My adoption of Nathan is finalized

No lawyers and no problems

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi Everyone

In Brazil, they have picked up the process according to the last thing they've done. For those of us who've had our cases recalled and that were sent packet 3 and mailed the documents back, they simply mailed packet 4 (again). However, different consulates/embassies work differently, so I don't know how Thailand will work.

The medical, as far as I know, is good for a whole year, unless your fiance has some kind of disease or condition that makes it be good for 6 months. As for the police certificates, you should check with the consulate/embassy your fiance is going through, as these rules vary.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thank you very much for your answers that is good news if they start where she has left off, the wait is killing us.

The operator at NVC told me today that my application is on the way to the embassy which is fanstastic news we are getting closer to the interview date.

Jean

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.