britishspouse

Question for those who ahve recently had interview at London Embassy

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey guys and girls,

So I have my CR1 interview on july 25th and have a quick question about times.

My interview is set for 9am, and I plan on getting in queue about 7:45am, as i have to nip by goulds at 7:30 to check my bag in.

I have a coach ticket booked to go home at 2pm from Victoria so do you think is realistic? Ive done a bit of research and most people say I should be out by about 12 or 1 ish. So that will give me plenty of time to get to Victoria.

Because I live in a small town there is only one bus per day which Is why i had to book that one. If I did run late, id have to get 2 trains and 2 buses home, but not the end of the world i suppose lol.

So just wondered do you all think my chances are pretty good for getting out by 1pm? I know its basically first come first served, so im hoping getting there at about 7:45am I should be out in time, but who knows i suppose lol

Total time from posting I-130 to VISA in hand 7 months 21 days :D

timeline.jpg?t=1311777984

Just a random thought. Do you have a list of the stops your coach makes coming in to London? I know the coach from Oxford made a few stops before arrival at Victoria. Had we known what we were doing, we could have gotten off on Baker St a block from our hotel. We did figure out by the next day that the coach stopped on Gloucester Pl. right outside our hotel, so we didn't trudge all the way back to Victoria to go home. I noticed quite a number of different coach lines had stops at Baker St coming in and Gloucester Pl going out of town (closer to the Embassy). Maybe yours will, and save you some time instead of going all the way to Victoria.

Here's my map. If you find the marker for the Lincoln House, that's Gloucester Pl. and Baker St. is a street over. The coach stops are near Lincoln House. To find Victoria you have to drag the map to see more south than the Embassy. It's south of Green Park and Buckingham Palace (green blob on map). You can also zoom the map in or out. Close in shows coach and bus stops.

Map of Embassy, Knightsbridge Medical, Gould's, etc

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Its times like these I feel bad that I live 20 mins away from the embassy.

TIMELINE

2 0 1 1

3rd Feb - 129f Sent

10th Feb - NOA1

16th May - NOA2

8th August - Interview in London. APPROVED!

29th August - POE at SFO

7th Oct - Married

10th Oct - AOS Filed

17th Oct - NOA Letter(s)

20th Oct - Biometrics Letter (for 14th Nov)

28th Oct - Biometrics (walk-in)

2 0 1 2

3 Jan - Service Request Put In

13 Jan - EAD Approved

17 Jan - Interview Notice Received

24 Jan - EAD in hand

16 Feb - Interview Date. APPROVED!

2 0 1 3 / 2 0 1 4

21 Nov - ROC Filed

2 Dec - NOA

6 Jan - Biometrics (walk-in)

15 May - Card Ordered / Approved

Timeline

Nope no stops in london other than victoria unfortunately :( It used to stop at marble arch to drop people off, and then at golders green to pick people up but stopped doing that, and now after victoria the first stop is milton keynes :(

Lol jingo, your lucky :P Im getting a coach the day before, staying at a heathrow hotel, and will have to leave about 6am to head into london. Im going to have to get lots of coffee to keep from getting grumpy >_>

So shall just have to cross fingers im done by 1:30ish at the latest

Edited by britishspouse

Timeline

My fiance had his interview today. He was scheduled for 10am and he said he was out before 1pm. So barring any problems, I'd say you'll most likely be fine!

ok thanks for your comment :D I do appreciate it. I know it all varies case by case but im hopeful I should too be done by 1 :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just had my interview on the 13th and it was for 9am too. I was in the queue at about 8.05 and in and seated with my number by 8.15. Took till 10.25 to be called up the first time for my documents and then was called up about 10-15 mins later, spoken to and told I was approved and was paid and out by 11. I think if you get there early you should be okay, I don't know if that gave me an earlier number at all and helped but I wanted out as soon as possible. Just make sure you have everything and i'm sure you will make the train okay. Good luck and I hope it all goes well and quickly for you.

Timeline

Just had my interview on the 13th and it was for 9am too. I was in the queue at about 8.05 and in and seated with my number by 8.15. Took till 10.25 to be called up the first time for my documents and then was called up about 10-15 mins later, spoken to and told I was approved and was paid and out by 11. I think if you get there early you should be okay, I don't know if that gave me an earlier number at all and helped but I wanted out as soon as possible. Just make sure you have everything and i'm sure you will make the train okay. Good luck and I hope it all goes well and quickly for you.

Thankyou for your input too :)

Im getting less worried now, and more hopeful I will make it :) As long as im out by 1:15 / 1:30 ish at latest ill be fine I think.

Im aiming to drop off stuff at goulds at 7:30 and be in queue by 7:45 :D

Im aiming to drop off stuff at goulds at 7:30 and be in queue by 7:45 :D

You'll be joining a huuuuuuuuuuge queue by that time. If you can get there earlier, definitely do so. I got there for 6.45am and there were already others there! By the time the doors opened at 7.45 there were about 100 people queuing up.

IR-1 Timeline (DCF London)

15th Feb 2011 - Filed I-130 in London.

6th Apr 2011 - Sent letter requesting expedition of visa.

11th Apr 2011 - Received email approving request.

12th May 2011 - I-130 approved.

2nd June 2011 - Received case number via email. Booked medical.

3rd June 2011 - Sent forms DS-230, DS-2001 & cover letter today.

8th June 2011 - Medical Exam (£273.00 for medical & MMR/Tetanus injection)

11th July 2011 - Visa interview at 8am.

14th July 2011 - Visa in hand.

23rd July 2011 - Uniting my family today in San Antonio <3

11th Aug 2011 - Received 10yr Green Card in the mail

22nd Aug 2011 - Received SSN

Timeline

You'll be joining a huuuuuuuuuuge queue by that time. If you can get there earlier, definitely do so. I got there for 6.45am and there were already others there! By the time the doors opened at 7.45 there were about 100 people queuing up.

theres no way I can :(

I'll be coming in the day before as i live nowhere near london, and getting a hotel. So i could get there earlier but i'll have a small overnight bag and phone so will have to check them in at goulds which dont open till 7:30am :(

I could check it at victoria stations but thats 10pounds and doesnt open till 7 anyway, so by the time i get back to the embassy it will still be about 7:30am.

I dont mind a long queue, as long as I get in before 8ish ill be ok, which ive heard people say even the long queue only takes 15 mins. So ill have to keep my fingers crossed :D

Timeline

Maybe it depends on the day? I got there at 8 and the queue really wasn't bad maybe 10 in front of me to go through security.

Good luck

Yeah probably. Im a monday morning appointment which will probably be busy.

I have worked out though Victoria left luggage is only 3.50 for 24 hours, so i'll just leave my main bag and phone there the night before, then pick it up on the way back to my coach :) That way I dont have to wait for goulds, and can get to the embassy a bit earlier.

Edited by britishspouse

BS: Is your hotel in the vicinity of the embassy? Ours kept our luggage, phones, etc for us (after checkout) while we went to the interview. We went back and got the phones then touristed around London. Did Buckingham Palace tour, nice dinner, drinks and such. Picked up the bags late afternoon before catching the coach back to Oxford. You might check with your hotel.

Did anybody ever think that at 6:45 the line grows for an hour before they open. Once they've processed those, it's much smaller and showing up later gets you in in 10 minutes. So you could wait outside from 6:45 standing for an hour or go later and get to sit inside and wait for your number to come up. I realize BS's schedule is fixed by coach times, but just figured I'd throw out my thoughts on how long the line is. When I read people say they got out in an hour, they don't ever add on the hour and a half standing outside to be first called inside. :unsure:

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

BS: Is your hotel in the vicinity of the embassy? Ours kept our luggage, phones, etc for us (after checkout) while we went to the interview. We went back and got the phones then touristed around London. Did Buckingham Palace tour, nice dinner, drinks and such. Picked up the bags late afternoon before catching the coach back to Oxford. You might check with your hotel.

Did anybody ever think that at 6:45 the line grows for an hour before they open. Once they've processed those, it's much smaller and showing up later gets you in in 10 minutes. So you could wait outside from 6:45 standing for an hour or go later and get to sit inside and wait for your number to come up. I realize BS's schedule is fixed by coach times, but just figured I'd throw out my thoughts on how long the line is. When I read people say they got out in an hour, they don't ever add on the hour and a half standing outside to be first called inside. :unsure:

nope. booked a heathrow hotel lol. And my coach leaves from vistoria so no point going all the way west again :(

yeah i see your point about the line hehe. I'll probably aim to get in line about 7:15/7:30, as I know they dont let you in until 7:30 anyway :D

i had my interview on the 13th, i left my bag at euston at 7am got the underground to bond steet, 5 min walk to chemist to check phone and i had pictures done which took about 10 mins then i walked to the embassy 30 second walk joined the line about 6 to 8 people in front of me all in all i was in the embassy at 8 and out by 10.

-Jock

Edited by little_g

7y6qm4.png
.....................................................................................................................................................
ROC Journey
09/23/13 - Sent I-751 Packet

09/27/13 - Received NOA1

10/07/13 - Received Biometrics Letter, appt sched for 10/31

10/09/13 - Received Transfer Notice. Case transferred to CSC Dated 10/08/13

10/31/13 - Attended Biometrics

02/18/14 - Approved!

02/26/14- 10 Year GC received!! exp. 2024!!

.....................................................................................................................................................

AOS Journey
8/13/11 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 Petitions off together
8/18/11 - Received Email NOA1 for all three petitions
8/24/11 - Received Biometrics Appointment
9/13/11 - Had Biometrics Appointment
10/19/11 - EAD/AP Approval Text/Email / 10/27/11 - EAD/AP Card Received in Mail!
11/18/11 - Interview Text/Email for Dec 21st!
12/21/11 - Interviewed & APPROVED!
12/27/11 - Welcome to USA Letter & GC Received!!

K-1 Visa Journey
1/06/11 - Mailed I-129F to Texas Lockbox
1/07/11 - Packet received and sent on to VT
1/10/11 - NOA1 / 1/14/11 - NOA1 arrived by mail
5/09/11 - NOA2!! (Took 119 Days) / 5/12/11 - NOA2 arrived by mail
5/17/11 - NVC Received
5/18/11 - NVC Sent
5/20/11 - Embassy Received
6/11/11 - Packet 3 Sent
6/14/11 - Packet 3 signed for by someone called "KOKO"
6/15/11 - Medical / 6/20/11 - Medical Logged
6/23/11 - Packet 3 Logged
6/30/11 - Packet 4 Received (with original interview date of 7/25)
7/04/11 - Packet 4 Received (with new interview date of 7/13)
7/13/11 - Interview!! APPROVED!!!
7/15/11 - Visa in Hand
7/29/11 - POE JFK

8/06/11 - Wedding Day!
heart.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.