T & J MC

Denied K1 Visa due to filing bankruptcy years ago

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Definitely get your Congressman / Senator involved - Get your fiance to write down all the details, who exactly said you were too old for him, everything and anything - If an immigration officer truly said that to him, I would be doing everything in my power to have that person fired - There are LAWS against that type of discrimination and to make an out and out statement would clearly be in violation of policy.

I am sorry for your loss - Take a deep breath and try to focus on moving forward and fighting this idiocy.

Thank you so much and I am trying not to stress, but it is very hard because I really miss him, and want him here and the process already took an additional 5 months beause they kept sending the information to the incorrect address. It took almost a month for them to send his information to him, and he lives in Negril, and it was only coming from Kingston Jamaica which is only 4 hours away. I really appreciate all of your feed back.

Thanks a bunch

Timeline

Wow wasn't that a friendly post. I was suggesting that if they KNEW this, they might have been judgmental. This is not a case of denial due to bankruptcy. And this IS Jamaica.

Your post is so far off base it's not even CLOSE to reality - Do some research on Jamaica, since you want to post an authoritative statement about how pregnancy out of marriage is frowned on there - It's far more common in Jamaica to find single mothers and or common law marriages then legal ones -

The hot topic in Jamaica of recent note is the ongoing issue of "Jackets" - Your post is irrelevant and hurtful to someone in a tough time.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Your post is so far off base it's not even CLOSE to reality - Do some research on Jamaica, since you want to post an authoritative statement about how pregnancy out of marriage is frowned on there - It's far more common in Jamaica to find single mothers and or common law marriages then legal ones -

The hot topic in Jamaica of recent note is the ongoing issue of "Jackets" - Your post is irrelevant and hurtful to someone in a tough time.

"A-raass-men!".......a suh some people love judge Jamaicans and nuh know one raass weh dem a seh! :angry:

Filed: Timeline

I wasn't trying to be hurtful. I was actually sticking up for TJ. And btw, I'm a single mom myself. And i'm 5 years older than my fiance. I would NEVER judge anyone else for this. No need to turn this ugly. I completely sympathize with what they are going through. When I was there, I saw the judgement. And yes I am aware of common law marriages there. One of my dear friends is Jamaican. This was my observation. Again..if my words hurt you TJ, I am sorry.

Filed: Timeline

Thank you so much and I am trying not to stress, but it is very hard because I really miss him, and want him here and the process already took an additional 5 months beause they kept sending the information to the incorrect address. It took almost a month for them to send his information to him, and he lives in Negril, and it was only coming from Kingston Jamaica which is only 4 hours away. I really appreciate all of your feed back.

Thanks a bunch

Hi TJ -- I don't know what happened to my original post but I'm sorry you're going through this...but know that you're not alone.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

hi tj, listen girlfriend, if you follow up this bankruptcy denial you are going to go on a wildgoose chase, the co gave him the wrong reason for denial but he did gi ve him the right one too. SHE IS TOO OLD FOR YOU.. that is his reason for denial because of what he thinks, this is rude, biased and discrimination and that co knows it is discrimination thats why he gave him that ridiculous sorry excuse for a denial. a lot of vj members have filed bankruptcy and was still approved not to mention the ones that are up to their ear in debt. i remeber one guy said he was just coming out if a divorce and did'nt even own a car, all he had was his earnings, and still got approvved. don't worry your head, get your congress person involve don't take it lightly. your not the first person they did this too.

Timeline

hi tj, listen girlfriend, if you follow up this bankruptcy denial you are going to go on a wildgoose chase, the co gave him the wrong reason for denial but he did gi ve him the right one too. SHE IS TOO OLD FOR YOU.. that is his reason for denial because of what he thinks, this is rude, biased and discrimination and that co knows it is discrimination thats why he gave him that ridiculous sorry excuse for a denial. a lot of vj members have filed bankruptcy and was still approved not to mention the ones that are up to their ear in debt. i remeber one guy said he was just coming out if a divorce and did'nt even own a car, all he had was his earnings, and still got approvved. don't worry your head, get your congress person involve don't take it lightly. your not the first person they did this too.

Thank you so much that makes me feel so much better, I actually started hyperventialting when he told me he was not approved, and had to be walked out of the office, but more and more as I get feed back it is not looking good.

Thank you

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Yes that what I was thinking, they also told him, that I was too old for him, which I thought was very rude

I think the bankrupcy thing was just a reason they used and they are viewing it as potential visa fraud, not on your part but on your fiance's part. Good luck with your journey.

Timeline

I would suggest that you try to hook up with the Yardie crew over on Facebook, there you will get more support and answers, and less negative comments. Especially from those who doesn't know the climate in Jamaica.

Ok, I don't really go on Facebook, but do I just go to Yardie crew and request them as a friend?

I think the bankrupcy thing was just a reason they used and they are viewing it as potential visa fraud, not on your part but on your fiance's part. Good luck with your journey.

ok. thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.