T & J MC

Denied K1 Visa due to filing bankruptcy years ago

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Did they give him a form after the interview? If they did have him send a scan of it to you. You need to know exactly what it says. Maybe block out personal info and post it here?

they didn't give him a form, just his passport and our our pictures

Timeline

Keep emailing them - Put third request, etc.... in your reference line - the squeaky wheel is the one that gets the oil.

Also read through some of the other JA threads in the past week - there are a few others dealing with similar.

I am curious about your timeline - it says you had an interview 6/14, then a second interview? What was the second interview for?

I was in Jamaica for his first interview on the 14th of June, but I he didn't get his medical records back in time, so we had to reschedule his interview date.

Timeline

Lots of denial coming out of Kingston lately...Must be a new CO in town, the comment ":but my fiance was denied because they said tbat I filed bankruptcy and they cannot see how I can afford to travel to see him as often as I have.." doesn't make sense.

Did they give him a 221 form, or a straight out denial?

So what did you have to do?

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hmm...very strange.

Sometimes somewhere not right. Alot of people have bad credit and they dont deny them. As long as you can prove you make enuff, rae rae...I DONOT get it. Maybe that wwas an excuse for their bad day and denial.

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Timeline

Hmm...very strange.

Sometimes somewhere not right. Alot of people have bad credit and they dont deny them. As long as you can prove you make enuff, rae rae...I DONOT get it. Maybe that wwas an excuse for their bad day and denial.

Yes that what I was thinking, they also told him, that I was too old for him, which I thought was very rude

The requirement is that you've met your fiance(e) in person in the last two years. How you fund the visit/meeting isn't really their concern and provided you meet the minimum financial requirement to sponsor your fiance(e) then I don't see how they can refuse it based on former bankruptcy if your income is sufficient and you can prove it.

This needs further checking, and I would contact your local congressman and get him/her involved in finding out why such arbitrary rules are being applied in Kingston.

Ahhhhhhh ...

Yes that what I was thinking, they also told him, that I was too old for him, which I thought was very rude

Maybe they believe this is potential visa fraud.

Edited by Brit Abroad

ROC

AR11 filed: 02/05/11

I-751 filed at Vermont Service Center: 02/07/11

NOA: 02/14/11

Biometrics appt: 03/21/11

RoC Interview: Not required

RoC Approved: 08/04/2011

10 yr Green card received: 08/10/2011

Okay, now things are making sense, they are sending it back for possible visa fraud.

What do you want yo do now?

Timeline

Okay, now things are making sense, they are sending it back for possible visa fraud.

What do you want yo do now?

He and I have been together since 4/25/09, I have visited him 15 times since then, because of all this stress I lost our first child 5 weeks ago, and its my choice if I date men younger than myself, I always have, but it was nefver an issue before, because they were always in the states, and I did have to get approval for that, so it is not visa fraud. I was even with him for his first interview, but they make you stand across the street. I wanted advise beause I felt bad they he was denied because of my past, but now I don't feel so bad, and I will try to contact the local congressman.

Timeline

Definitely get your Congressman / Senator involved - Get your fiance to write down all the details, who exactly said you were too old for him, everything and anything - If an immigration officer truly said that to him, I would be doing everything in my power to have that person fired - There are LAWS against that type of discrimination and to make an out and out statement would clearly be in violation of policy.

I am sorry for your loss - Take a deep breath and try to focus on moving forward and fighting this idiocy.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline

This might seem like a random story. However, I visited Jamaica about 4 years ago. and at that time I attended church on the Sunday. This was a 3 hour long service dedicated to women with children out of wedlock and the fathers who don't do enough to support their children. They seem to be pretty prejudice against those who are pregnant before marriage. Even though, from what I gather, many people do not have enough money to have a legal wedding. Sounds like discrimination to me.

This might seem like a random story. However, I visited Jamaica about 4 years ago. and at that time I attended church on the Sunday. This was a 3 hour long service dedicated to women with children out of wedlock and the fathers who don't do enough to support their children. They seem to be pretty prejudice against those who are pregnant before marriage. Even though, from what I gather, many people do not have enough money to have a legal wedding. Sounds like discrimination to me.

WTH??????????

What does this have to do with her denial.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

They don't even know I was pregnant because he didn't tell them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.