∞♥

Liquor from the Philippines

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee wants to bring my father some liquor from her home.

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but can she bring that on the plane? I know she probably can't in a carry-on bag, but what about in checked luggage?

She may ship some of her things here, could she send it in that?

Thanks!

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

tarsier.jpgpalms.jpgmmf.jpgch.jpgnv.jpgpalm.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

No problems with it in the checked baggage, make sure it is well padded, you need to declare the total amount of liters you are bringing in and the cost.

I should add that it should be in a sealed commercial bottle and not some bootleg lambanag packed in a used Alfonso bottle. I asked for some lambanog to bring back and that was what my brother in law produced.

Edited by damulag

Timeline

No problems with it in the checked baggage, make sure it is well padded, you need to declare the total amount of liters you are bringing in and the cost.

I should add that it should be in a sealed commercial bottle and not some bootleg lambanag packed in a used Alfonso bottle. I asked for some lambanog to bring back and that was what my brother in law produced.

Thanks!

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

i will be bringing 3 bottles too.. present to my babe and dad in law... :star:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

i will be bringing 3 bottles too.. present to my babe and dad in law... :star:

Do you know how much a checked bag will cost for your flight?

I am debating having Chay box up her stuff and ship it UPS...she's kind of small and I know she will be having a hard enough time with her carry-on bags.

Is shipping the liquor an option? Is that permissible?

Thanks!

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

i am confused.. why need to pay check bags..? what i know i can bring 2 suit cases for free.. with 23kls. each, airline is delta... :blink::blush::unsure:

i dont know about shipping liquor but i will just put my lambanog to my check in bags... :huh::star::blush:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Timeline

i am confused.. why need to pay check bags..? what i know i can bring 2 suit cases for free.. with 23kls. each, airline is delta... :blink::blush::unsure:

i dont know about shipping liquor but i will just put my lambanog to my check in bags... :huh::star::blush:

Tina,

I know here in the US checked luggage is charged by weight and number of bags you have. Check this link:

Checked Baggage Fees

Is it different if you're flying from the Philippines to the US?

The last time I was there, for some reason on my return trip home, they wouldn't let me take my carry-on bag with me, they checked it in...but they didn't charge me. I had it with me on the flight there which was strange...same size planes on both trips.

Do you have a link that has info on checked luggage for your flight out of the Philippines?

Regards,

Brian

∞♥

Our Visa Journey

09/06/11 - Home!

09/24/11 - Married

When flying international either from PI to USA or USA to PI airlines let you bring 2 pieces of luggage for check in and weight 50 lbs or 23 kilos

Don't forget you can bring carry on for free also......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

When flying international either from PI to USA or USA to PI airlines let you bring 2 pieces of luggage for check in and weight 50 lbs or 23 kilos

Don't forget you can bring carry on for free also......

yes, ok thank's! :star:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.