one...two...tree

Groundbreaking solar plant in Spain generates 24 hours of power

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

In all seriousness, its virtually impossible with current technology to transfer that power to urban areas in say northern europe.

So then we need to turn Europe into desert before we can use solar? To fight GW we must promote GW!

There's no human habitation to be razed. I remember flying over the Sudan desert on my last trip to Ethiopia (had a stop in Khartoum). There ain't a soul out there. There's a strip of vegetation along the Nile but aside from that, there's a great big nothing. I suppose solar panels, however ugly, wouldn't bother anyone. I'm sure, though, that there may be some rare animal species out there that Greenpeace would come to protect.

Yeah the animal rights freaks are a problem too. And as for humans, there are nomadic tribes. There are small villages here and there. Heck, even some o the biggest cities in the region (like Tripoli) would probably be great spots for solar panels but first we have to get rid of Tripoli.

In all seriousness, its virtually impossible with current technology to transfer that power to urban areas in say northern europe.

A consortium of large blue chips are putting over half a trillion dollars against your skepticism.

Skepticism? Sounds to me like he was making a statement of fact. It also appears to me that your link proves him right. If there was a way to transfer all that power to Europe, no one would need to invest all that money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

As does Kansas. :hehe:

more humps in kansas than nevada.

take out all the old people from florida and it may be pretty flat too :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Skepticism? Sounds to me like he was making a statement of fact. It also appears to me that your link proves him right. If there was a way to transfer all that power to Europe, no one would need to invest all that money.

On the other hand, if it was impossible, nobody would be investing into the project. ;)

So yes, skepticism.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sure it's possible, you just need a really long extension cord :P

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

Sure it's possible, you just need a really long extension cord :P

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Very cool, olé, joder. Wish we did more of that here. I'm sure if Cali would get into it a little more they'd take one rant excuse from unhappy people away.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

put down the dollar bills and stay out of the strip clubs. :bonk:

Maybe with more solar plants like these, the consumer would pay less in their E bills. More singles for those establishments if they choose to frequent them.

Timeline

Maybe with more solar plants like these, the consumer would pay less in their E bills. More singles for those establishments if they choose to frequent them.

don't be enabling him and his addiction :bonk::hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

All about choice. Don't take away his freedom. :lol:

i think it's too late to worry about his freedom, he's married! :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *