6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello sir and mam!

i received a letter from Dept. of Homeland security (request for initial evidence) stating that i need to submit the ff:

a). The Joint sponsor on Form I-864, Affidavit of support, must submit a complete Federal Income Tax Return submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for the most recent tax year.

If you were not required to file a Federal Income tax return under U.S tax law, attach a written explanation and if applicable, evidence of exemption and why you are subject to it.

For specific info., see form I-864 instruction, page 8, "federal income tax information" for most current version of form I864 including the instruction.

b). The joint sponsor on form I864, Affidavit of support, must submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2's, 1099s, and all supporting schedules) submitted to the internal revenue services (IRS) for the most recent tax year.

i must submit this papers within 87 days..

my questions are:

1) DO THE JOINT SPONSOR ( MY aunt) will have to fill up the form I864? or i will only send this needed documents above?

2) the RFE letter is written in a pink bond paper, on the bottom, its written that the letter is PAGE 1 of 2. therefore, it has a second part which i didn't received. do i have to call the USCIS for the missing pages?

3) lastly, the letterhead is "Request for initial Evidence (I-485)" is it possible that i might received a second RFE?????

thank you for time!

AOS

2/23/11 - POE (LAX) via k1 visa

3/20/11 - Married

4/27/11 - AOS and EAD packet sent to chicago lock box

5/2/11 - package received

6/4/11 - EAD, AOS receipt and ASC Biometrics appointment letter arrived.

6/29/11 - Biometrics done

7/1/11 - RFE issued

7/15/11 - RFE response received by DHS

9/12/11 - interview day!! whew

9/16/11 - received email notification that we passed AOS interview

9/22/11 received Green card! yess

ROC sept 16, 2013

Timeline

thanks for your time!

Edited by ronron

AOS

3/20/11 - Married

7/1/11 - RFE issued

ROC sept 16, 2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The joint sponsor must complete an I-864 and include all the needed supporting documentation. That is what this request for evidence is asking.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

The joint sponsor must complete an I-864 and include all the needed supporting documentation. That is what this request for evidence is asking.

that means the joint sponsor should fill up I-864 again.. tsk! thank you godbles

AOS

3/20/11 - Married

7/1/11 - RFE issued

ROC sept 16, 2013

Timeline

Hello sir and mam!

i received a letter from Dept. of Homeland security (request for initial evidence) stating that i need to submit the ff:

a). The Joint sponsor on Form I-864, Affidavit of support, must submit a complete Federal Income Tax Return submitted to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for the most recent tax year.

If you were not required to file a Federal Income tax return under U.S tax law, attach a written explanation and if applicable, evidence of exemption and why you are subject to it.

For specific info., see form I-864 instruction, page 8, "federal income tax information" for most current version of form I864 including the instruction.

b). The joint sponsor on form I864, Affidavit of support, must submit all supporting tax documentation (W-2's, 1099s, and all supporting schedules) submitted to the internal revenue services (IRS) for the most recent tax year.

i must submit this papers within 87 days..

my questions are:

1) DO THE JOINT SPONSOR ( MY aunt) will have to fill up the form I864? or i will only send this needed documents above?

2) the RFE letter is written in a pink bond paper, on the bottom, its written that the letter is PAGE 1 of 2. therefore, it has a second part which i didn't received. do i have to call the USCIS for the missing pages?

3) lastly, the letterhead is "Request for initial Evidence (I-485)" is it possible that i might received a second RFE?????

thank you for time!

Hi Ron!

Welcome to VJ! Pls see my replies below:

1. Your aunt has to fill out the I-864 and send ALL the documents asked of you.

2. You can call USCIS and ask them about the 2nd page missing.

3. Yes they can at any point in time send your another RFE. For now, your case is on hold til they receive your response to the RFE sent.

Wehn you sedn the RFE, pls encose their original letter back to them as instrcuted. Make a copy of everything you send back. Keeep the original unless they ask for them. I always make 2 copies of everything (one for them and one for me) and keep my originals.

Good luck!

My Timelines:

10/2009 - met online

11/2010 - came here on B1/B2 visa

12/2010 - first meeting in person in Chicago, IL

03/2011 - moved in with him in IN

4/25/11 - got married in Mitchell, IN

5/02/11 - sent AOS packet (I-130/I-485/I-765) to Chicago Lockbox

5/04/11 - AOS packet received by Chicago Lockbox

5/23/11 - Received NOA for RFE (I-693)

5/27/11 - Sent RFE to DHS Lee's Summit, MO

6/02/11 - DHS Lee's Summit received REF reply

6/06/11 - Biometrics done at Louisville, KY as per NOA schedule

6/24/11 - Received NOA for July 25 interview in Indianapolis, IN

6/30/11 – Received text and email messages EAD card on production

7/25/11 – AOS interview @10am in Indianapolis, IN

I-130 Petition for a Minor Child of USC

6/25/11 - Sent I-130 packet for stepchild

6/27/11 – USCIS receipt date

6/28/11 - Received text and email messages stating USCIS received it and moved case to CSC for processing

7/01/11 - Touched

7/02/11 – Received NOA1

Timeline

Hi Ron!

Welcome to VJ! Pls see my replies below:

1. Your aunt has to fill out the I-864 and send ALL the documents asked of you.

2. You can call USCIS and ask them about the 2nd page missing.

3. Yes they can at any point in time send your another RFE. For now, your case is on hold til they receive your response to the RFE sent.

Wehn you sedn the RFE, pls encose their original letter back to them as instrcuted. Make a copy of everything you send back. Keeep the original unless they ask for them. I always make 2 copies of everything (one for them and one for me) and keep my originals.

Good luck!

My Timelines:

10/2009 - met online

11/2010 - came here on B1/B2 visa

12/2010 - first meeting in person in Chicago, IL

03/2011 - moved in with him in IN

4/25/11 - got married in Mitchell, IN

5/02/11 - sent AOS packet (I-130/I-485/I-765) to Chicago Lockbox

5/04/11 - AOS packet received by Chicago Lockbox

5/23/11 - Received NOA for RFE (I-693)

5/27/11 - Sent RFE to DHS Lee's Summit, MO

6/02/11 - DHS Lee's Summit received REF reply

6/06/11 - Biometrics done at Louisville, KY as per NOA schedule

6/24/11 - Received NOA for July 25 interview in Indianapolis, IN

6/30/11 – Received text and email messages EAD card on production

7/25/11 – AOS interview @10am in Indianapolis, IN

I-130 Petition for a Minor Child of USC

6/25/11 - Sent I-130 packet for stepchild

6/27/11 – USCIS receipt date

6/28/11 - Received text and email messages stating USCIS received it and moved case to CSC for processing

7/01/11 - Touched

7/02/11 – Received NOA1

thanks kbayan!

AOS

3/20/11 - Married

7/1/11 - RFE issued

ROC sept 16, 2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.