20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Dominica
Timeline

Yeah during the waiting process you have no idea what the result to me. Your just waiting to find out if your gonna be moving forward or if you're gonna have another ordeal to go through if denied.

Like Spice Chile, my hubby also had to do a waiver because he illegally entered USVI and was there for a lil over a year. But I typed up the hardship letter. It was about 3 pages long. Just talked about how hard it would be for me to take care of our son on our own. Talked about the currency difference in USD and EC and how it's hard for him to support us the way he should when he's in DA. Talked about my aspirations to get my masters and how I would loose that opportunity if the waiver was denied because it would mean I would have to move to DA to be with him. I talked about the necessity of a father in a child (especially a boy's life). Showed that there are no employment opportunities for me in DA with my degree. etc. I even added pics of the times that we have had together which are only 4 weeks worth since he went back to DA three years ago.

USCIS Santo Domingo received the waiver app March 28 and it was approved June 13th. :dance:

Your case may require a lawyer considering the lengthy period of time that you overstayed your visa, but I have faith that you will make it through. :star: Good Luck!

Summer 2007: Hubby and I met.

January 2008: Engaged.

May 22,2008: Hubby and I got married!

August 2008: I-130 filed.

January 2010: Our son was born.

May 2010: Interview at US Embassy in Barbados. Visa Denied! Eligible for I-601 waiver. Couldn't get a joint sponsor so we had to wait until 2011 when my income tax return documents would reflect my full income.

Feb22,2011: Embassy Received Tax Docs and New AOS!

Feb28,2011: I-601Waiver App Package sent to USCIS Santo Domingo via airmail.

Mar28,2011: USCIS Santo Domingo received Waiver Package.

Jun13,2011: Waiver Approved!

June24,2011:Embassy requested that medical police cert and other docs be updated and sent to schedule final interview for visa! *crosses fingers*

FINAL INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPT. 1ST @ 7:30AM

Hope and Pray!

as1cCua0g410410MDAwNjQzOGx8MjY0c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvci4uLg.gif

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank u all for your imput on my case guys I really appreciate it. I wasnt woking while I was there my mum sent me money and I used to help a friend in her store, then I met my husband and he started supporting me. During my interview the counselor said that the waiver package would be sent to DOS and then they would make the decision but who really knows nothing is clear at this point there's always a ? Slapped on my forehead

Not DOS , (department of State) , DHS (department of Homeland Security which houses USCIS. Since they are not doing it in Trinidad when you turn it in ask if they will allow you to purchase a Fed_Ex envelope to give to them to forward to whatever USCIS office will adjudicate.. this might save you a month .

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed an I485 and I601 at the same time. Both were received June 3/10. January 25/11 I had the I485 interview. She couldn't say if I was approved because we had to wait on the approval for the I601. I called USCIS today (Aug 11th) and the vermont service center is currently working on I601's for Feb 12/11. So what happened to my app? How long does it take for the interviewing officer to pass on my 601 app to the right person?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.