Erik And Anum

Last letter of my name misspelled on tax transcripts

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys

I just received my 4 years worth of tax transcripts. Now the problem here is that my name is spelled as Eric under my Social Security Card,Passport and Driver Licence . My Birth Certificate has my name spelled as Erik as well as the tax transcripts that I just received. On my I-129F packet I put my name as Eric since my passport is labeled under that name. Will this slight letter misspelling cause a issue when my fiance is presenting my tax transcripts to the CO? I will also be using a co-sponsor which will be my father since I am currently a student and am holding a seasonal job. Will they even care since they will be more focused on my father`s earnings?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Erik And Anum

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am assuming you put both spellings of your name on the applicaiton. One would be under the question of allias you have used. And, they will look at your returns. Your father is co-sponsor. You are also, in this case, co sponsor. Both incomes are important.

Timeline

Which application are you referring to when you said that you assumed that I use both spellings? On my entire I-129f packet i put my name as Eric although on my transcripts it's labeled as Erik

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Which application are you referring to when you said that you assumed that I use both spellings? On my entire I-129f packet i put my name as Eric although on my transcripts it's labeled as Erik

There is a place (unsure of the i 129) in the forms you fill out as to other names you go by... like in mine i put my name im currently going by as the real one but bcos ive been divorced i also put my maiden name as well as my previously married name

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

There is a place (unsure of the i 129) in the forms you fill out as to other names you go by... like in mine i put my name im currently going by as the real one but bcos ive been divorced i also put my maiden name as well as my previously married name

I should`ve seen this coming, in the past I have always labeled my name as Erik since its been stated in my Birth Certificate but ever since I`ve gotten my SS card and passport its been labeled as Eric. Me and my parents have never made a deal since there was never a issue when it came towards getting my drivers licence and college paperwork but now I fear that this may be a big problem since I`m dealing with Immigration. :(

Well, it seems the only time it might matter to USCIS is when they are doing name checks on you. I have no clue what kind of results they get back from the databases but I think not to worry if a similar name shows up they will have some kind of possible name match on either one of your names. :)

As far as the tax transcripts the embassy will see those and its up to the CO and gang to determine whether the difference in those two names are enough to question your I-134.

So maybe at this stage ( I mean after your NOA2 and when the embassy receives your case ) there's a note you can make to the embassy (email or call) or place on the DS forms for the embasssy to mention the two names and explain?

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

Well, it seems the only time it might matter to USCIS is when they are doing name checks on you. I have no clue what kind of results they get back from the databases but I think not to worry if a similar name shows up they will have some kind of possible name match on either one of your names. :)

As far as the tax transcripts the embassy will see those and its up to the CO and gang to determine whether the difference in those two names are enough to question your I-134.

So maybe at this stage ( I mean after your NOA2 and when the embassy receives your case ) there's a note you can make to the embassy (email or call) or place on the DS forms for the embasssy to mention the two names and explain?

That seems like my best bet hopefully USCIS will not make a fuss about it. I was able to look through all my W2s and 1040EZ tax documents and yes they`re all spelled as Erik. I find this very weird since all of the tax documents usually get verified by the Social Security number and my social security number is labeled as Eric. On the DS forms is there a part where it says "other names you go by" or something similar? would it be best for me to include Erik under that particular spot? Thanks for your help!

Edited by Erik And Anum

Timeline

That seems like my best bet hopefully USCIS will not make a fuss about it. I was able to look through all my W2s and 1040EZ tax documents and yes they`re all spelled as Erik. I find this very weird since all of the tax documents usually get verified by the Social Security number and my social security number is labeled as Eric. On the DS forms is there a part where it says "other names you go by" or something similar? would it be best for me to include Erik under that particular spot? Thanks for your help!

thats the one :) I would think you could do that and then they will see that you use that name as well... i know my daughetrs name is kathArine but the school and everybody even after correcting it still spell it kathErine... :)

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

thats the one :) I would think you could do that and then they will see that you use that name as well... i know my daughetrs name is kathArine but the school and everybody even after correcting it still spell it kathErine... :)

This seems very convenient but on the I-129F form I put "none" under other name(s) used. Would there be a problem if I include it on the DS forms?

This seems very convenient but on the I-129F form I put "none" under other name(s) used. Would there be a problem if I include it on the DS forms?

I don't think it'll be a problem. I mean it is the same name, you just spelled it differently and forgot about the other spelling. Its pretty much too late to correct it except if you get an RFE from USCIS but I don't think they know any other name so you might get NOA2 without an RFE.

Good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

I don't think it'll be a problem. I mean it is the same name, you just spelled it differently and forgot about the other spelling. Its pretty much too late to correct it except if you get an RFE from USCIS but I don't think they know any other name so you might get NOA2 without an RFE.

Good luck!

Ohh ok so you think I should go ahead and put in Erik on the DS form where it ask to state other name(s) used and ignore the fact that I put "none" on the I-129F form correct? So I guess a note in this circumstance wont be necessary. From what it seems this may be my only option since it would be a pain having to somehow get my entire tax documents and W2 forms corrected. :(

Sorry for all the questions I just don`t wanna have any problems when my fiance has to present herself for the interview

Edited by Erik And Anum

Timeline

Ohh ok so you think I should go ahead and put in Erik on the DS form where it ask to state other name(s) used and ignore the fact that I put "none" on the I-129F form correct? So I guess a note in this circumstance wont be necessary. From what it seems this may be my only option since it would be a pain having to somehow get my entire tax documents and W2 forms corrected. :(

Sorry for all the questions I just don`t wanna have any problems when my fiance has to present herself for the interview

I would as a precaution....write a letter with explanation for her to have at the interview just in case. I did this about my conversion to Islam in case they asked my husband why etc... it didnt even have to be taken out but the issue was explained by me clearly in the letter he had..

Edited by EAbbas

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Timeline

I would as a precaution....write a letter with explanation for her to have at the interview just in case. I did this about my conversion to Islam in case they asked my husband why etc... it didnt even have to be taken out but the issue was explained by me clearly in the letter he had..

Thanks I`ll go ahead and do that hard part may be having to word this whole situation out lol but inshallah that it will work.

But I don't know if there is (I kind of doubt it) a spot for you the USC to put other names used on the DS forms. The DS forms are for the foreign fiance. Make an attachment to them or like Ebbas said write up an explanation for your fiance to take to the interview. I was just thinking if there was some question or area where you could put miscellaneous info or something.

I'm fuzzy here on exactly what to do but you have to let them know at the embassy. I don't think your situation is very severe but I have heard of certain cases that got sent back from the embassy to USCIS, and for sure you want to avoid that.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Timeline

But I don't know if there is (I kind of doubt it) a spot for you the USC to put other names used on the DS forms. The DS forms are for the foreign fiance. Make an attachment to them or like Ebbas said write up an explanation for your fiance to take to the interview. I was just thinking if there was some question or area where you could put miscellaneous info or something.

I'm fuzzy here on exactly what to do but you have to let them know at the embassy. I don't think your situation is very severe but I have heard of certain cases that got sent back from the embassy to USCIS, and for sure you want to avoid that.

You're exactly right and we just had our interview with islamabad and ill tell you...they really look at everything carefully...which is fine...but it can make your case drag a bit waiting for approval. Even tho we had everything put together well they still requested verification on my household size and my 18 yr old son...where he lives etc and that i dnt pay child support... so even tho my husbands in ap we are now waiting for those documents to be reviewed to prayerfully finally get an approval. So please be overly cautious...they scrutinize like i said...its fine and no worries when your case is a genuine case.... but they do it to weed out the fraud....

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.