Erik And Anum

Last letter of my name misspelled on tax transcripts

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You're exactly right and we just had our interview with islamabad and ill tell you...they really look at everything carefully...which is fine...but it can make your case drag a bit waiting for approval. Even tho we had everything put together well they still requested verification on my household size and my 18 yr old son...where he lives etc and that i dnt pay child support... so even tho my husbands in ap we are now waiting for those documents to be reviewed to prayerfully finally get an approval. So please be overly cautious...they scrutinize like i said...its fine and no worries when your case is a genuine case.... but they do it to weed out the fraud....

Thanks I`m about to prepare the letter now since I want to have everything set once I receive the NOA2. Any ideas on how I can start this letter? Not sure if they`ll even wanna bother reading my long explanation lol.

I don't think it'll be a problem. I mean it is the same name, you just spelled it differently and forgot about the other spelling. Its pretty much too late to correct it except if you get an RFE from USCIS but I don't think they know any other name so you might get NOA2 without an RFE.

Good luck!

One more thought. Maybe you should call USCIS, ask the first person you need to talk to a tier 2 officer. Explain that you need to have this other names section on the G325A corrected and explain why. He might give you an address to send the information to. Make a copy of it before you send it. They aren't too reliable on this but its worth a shot. At the embassy you can give your fiance a copy of this letter and tell her to tell them you did try to notify USCIS of this.

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

One more thought. Maybe you should call USCIS, ask the first person you need to talk to a tier 2 officer. Explain that you need to have this other names section on the G325A corrected and explain why. He might give you an address to send the information to. Make a copy of it before you send it. They aren't too reliable on this but its worth a shot. At the embassy you can give your fiance a copy of this letter and tell her to tell them you did try to notify USCIS of this.

Although this would be a great idea the problem is that I sent USCIS a copy of my passport that has the same name spelling as my I-129F packet in order to prove that I`m a citizen. I was thinking on maybe writing a letter to the consulate stating that I also go by that name and that I mistakenly forgot to include it on the I-129F form.

Although this would be a great idea the problem is that I sent USCIS a copy of my passport that has the same name spelling as my I-129F packet in order to prove that I`m a citizen. I was thinking on maybe writing a letter to the consulate stating that I also go by that name and that I mistakenly forgot to include it on the I-129F form.

Ok thats fine, I'm not sure why it matters what name was on the passport, we were just talking about the other names used question on both the I-129F and G325A forms. Just thought you could inform both agencies of that so that you have a solid story during the interview.

Well anyway good luck!

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

Ok thats fine, I'm not sure why it matters what name was on the passport, we were just talking about the other names used question on both the I-129F and G325A forms. Just thought you could inform both agencies of that so that you have a solid story during the interview.

Well anyway good luck!

I thought that it would matter since the Consulate would receive the copy of my passport and may question that as well. Anyways I appreciate the help I`ll notify USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.