julieandpaul

Hello! Waiting on NOA2...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I just wanted to say hi, and thank you! As a long-time lurker of these forums, I’ve found this site and everyone’s stories so helpful. It’s a tough thing being in love with someone who lives so far away, and when adding paperwork, bureaucracy, and lengthy waits to the mix, it becomes a very stressful process!

Even after countless hours of meticulous internet searching, my fiancé Paul and I are still uncertain of how exactly this process will unfold.

We received our NOA1 a month ago, and are anxiously (and probably prematurely) checking the UCIS daily, hoping for any kind of update.

Has anyone here gone through this recently with a fiancé from the UK? Do you have any insight to offer (i.e.; When is the interview scheduled? Is it okay to fill out and send in the appropriate paperwork before hand? How long will it be from NOA2 until a visa is approved?)

Thanks again!

-Julie & Paul

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Unfortunately it is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string?" question. There is something of a pattern and your profile doesn't show whether your file is in California or Vermont, but California tends to be quicker. Either way, you are unlikely to receive your NOA2 inside 3mths at present, though most will say 5-7 months is more realistic.

While you check on the USCIS status updates, keep in mind that many people stay in "Initial Review" until they receive their NOA2 and many are approved and beyond and their status never leaves "Initial Review". In other words it isn't a reliable way to check status.

You can look at the K1 Guide (Guides at the top of this page) to follow the order of the process. After you receive NOA2, your file will go via NVC to your embassy. If you check your embassy site it will tell you what is required by them and for the interview. This is an indication of what you may want to start preparing for the next stage. Each embassy is different so just follow their list. UK members will be able to help you further. If you complete your profile and timeline it makes it easier for VJers to offer advice. Best of luck with your petition.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

You're lucky since you're under California Service Center's jurisdiction. They seem to be very fast right now,even under the 3 months so you probably won't end up waiting too long unlike us poor Vermonters. Of course,you might be approved quicker or it might take longer..there are no certainties,only statistics and the statistics says that from CSC the probability of getting the NOA2 in a relative short time (within 3 months) are quite high. Good luck and may you get your NOA2 afap

P.S. I wouldn't go crazy over checkin constantly your case status on USCIS website though; It's the most unreliable thing ever..

Edited by Max1gk

I just wanted to say hi, and thank you! As a long-time lurker of these forums, I've found this site and everyone's stories so helpful. It's a tough thing being in love with someone who lives so far away, and when adding paperwork, bureaucracy, and lengthy waits to the mix, it becomes a very stressful process!

Even after countless hours of meticulous internet searching, my fiancé Paul and I are still uncertain of how exactly this process will unfold.

We received our NOA1 a month ago, and are anxiously (and probably prematurely) checking the UCIS daily, hoping for any kind of update.

Has anyone here gone through this recently with a fiancé from the UK? Do you have any insight to offer (i.e.; When is the interview scheduled? Is it okay to fill out and send in the appropriate paperwork before hand? How long will it be from NOA2 until a visa is approved?)

Thanks again!

-Julie & Paul

Have a look at our timeline here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/89116-ameribrit/page__tab__aboutme to give you a general idea of how long the London part of the process takes once you get your NOA2.

If you have any U.K. specific questions, feel free to ask.

Good luck :thumbs:

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

I just wanted to say hi, and thank you! As a long-time lurker of these forums, I’ve found this site and everyone’s stories so helpful. It’s a tough thing being in love with someone who lives so far away, and when adding paperwork, bureaucracy, and lengthy waits to the mix, it becomes a very stressful process!

Thanks again!

-Julie & Paul

Hello Julie and Paul and welcome to our stressful world :rofl: You are lucky to be with the California center as they tend to move faster than Vermont one does. Ours took 4 months to get our NOA2 and as you can see its been a while since then. The process is LONG I'm not gonna sugar coat it but the reward is immeasurable so well worth it in the end, or so that's my opinion :)

You can look at what packet 3 contains here cause really you don't need to receive you just need A. have a case number which you get with your NOA2 and B. You must be sure that the case has been received and logged by the US Embassy in London. Here are the documents for packet 3: http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

What you can do now... If you are anxious to get things moving have the British Beneficiary send off for their Police Certificate. It is good for 12 months and you MUST have it in order to schedule the medical appointment. Here is where you do that: http://www.acpo.police.uk/NationalPolicing/ACROCriminalRecordsOffice/PoliceCertificates.aspx

Feel free to ask questions we're here to help and good luck!! :)

Edited by little_g

7y6qm4.png
.....................................................................................................................................................
ROC Journey
09/23/13 - Sent I-751 Packet

09/27/13 - Received NOA1

10/07/13 - Received Biometrics Letter, appt sched for 10/31

10/09/13 - Received Transfer Notice. Case transferred to CSC Dated 10/08/13

10/31/13 - Attended Biometrics

02/18/14 - Approved!

02/26/14- 10 Year GC received!! exp. 2024!!

.....................................................................................................................................................

AOS Journey
8/13/11 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 Petitions off together
8/18/11 - Received Email NOA1 for all three petitions
8/24/11 - Received Biometrics Appointment
9/13/11 - Had Biometrics Appointment
10/19/11 - EAD/AP Approval Text/Email / 10/27/11 - EAD/AP Card Received in Mail!
11/18/11 - Interview Text/Email for Dec 21st!
12/21/11 - Interviewed & APPROVED!
12/27/11 - Welcome to USA Letter & GC Received!!

K-1 Visa Journey
1/06/11 - Mailed I-129F to Texas Lockbox
1/07/11 - Packet received and sent on to VT
1/10/11 - NOA1 / 1/14/11 - NOA1 arrived by mail
5/09/11 - NOA2!! (Took 119 Days) / 5/12/11 - NOA2 arrived by mail
5/17/11 - NVC Received
5/18/11 - NVC Sent
5/20/11 - Embassy Received
6/11/11 - Packet 3 Sent
6/14/11 - Packet 3 signed for by someone called "KOKO"
6/15/11 - Medical / 6/20/11 - Medical Logged
6/23/11 - Packet 3 Logged
6/30/11 - Packet 4 Received (with original interview date of 7/25)
7/04/11 - Packet 4 Received (with new interview date of 7/13)
7/13/11 - Interview!! APPROVED!!!
7/15/11 - Visa in Hand
7/29/11 - POE JFK

8/06/11 - Wedding Day!
heart.gif

I would suggest~~~

Petitioner:

Order your tax return transcripts to prepare for the affidavits of support you will provide for the visa, as well as for adjustment of status. Only the most recent tax return is required, but you can order three years at a time for free from the IRS. Tax return transcripts are summaries of your whole tax return provided free by the IRS. They can't be faked because it's a copy/summary of your whole tax return picture, basically certified by the IRS because it's issued by them. That's why you don't have to include any 1040, Schedules, W2s or 1099s if you send a transcript. They are free from the IRS. Transcripts take the place of sending a complete tax return. There's an online ordering form http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html OR if you call 1-800-908-9946 (the transcript line), there is an automated system for ordering transcripts. You'll have to enter your Social Security number and the numbers of your street address. It will generate an automated request to mail your transcripts.

Beneficiary:

Go to your NHS doctor and get the immunizations you will need for Adjustment of Status. You can get a K1 visa without having any shots, but you will need them before AOS. Its really wise to take care of it before getting to the US. Many NHS doctors will do them for free, but they are not obligated to do so for immigration purposes. If you had theses shots as a child, Tdap/Td must be no longer than 10 years ago or you have to do them again. Get the shots documented by your doctor to take to your visa medical exam. Heres the shots needed for 19 through 59 years of age:

Td or Tdap - Maybe not available in the UK, so get DT, DTP or DtaP and it will be accepted for AOS

MMR (if born in 1957 or later) Get two in the series if possible since he has time to wait the interval.

Varicella Not routinely given in the UK but have seen reference to it being available; a history of having chickenpox excuses you from the shot. They take your word for it at the visa exam.

Influenza - During flu season only, October 1 through March 31. This was a new recommendation dated November 2010 for all ages over 6 months. Older lists will say flu shots for over age 50. It changed.

Get what's listed as that is what the USCIS requires. What your GP in the UK says you need has no bearing on what will be acceptable to USCIS

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Influenza - During flu season only, October 1 through March 31. This was a new recommendation dated November 2010 for all ages over 6 months. Older lists will say flu shots for over age 50. It changed.

Off topic, but GRR. What is up with USCIS! At least they ditched the HPV, not that that helped me.

On topic: So if you wouldn't usually get the influenza vaccine, and you get approved in time, then you may want to try to schedule your medical for before October so that you can avoid this shot. (That's if you get approved really quickly, you'll actually probably end up having your medical right in the middle of the flu season.)

PS. Nich-Nick is the go to guru for those of us dealing with the London Embassy. I learned and gained so much from her experienced advice. Cheers Nich :thumbs:

7y6qm4.png
ROC Journey
09/23/13 - Sent I-751 Packet

09/27/13 - Received NOA1

10/07/13 - Received Biometrics Letter, appt sched for 10/31

10/09/13 - Received Transfer Notice. Case transferred to CSC Dated 10/08/13

10/31/13 - Attended Biometrics

02/18/14 - Approved!

02/26/14- 10 Year GC received!! exp. 2024!!

AOS Journey
8/13/11 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131 Petitions off together
8/18/11 - Received Email NOA1 for all three petitions
8/24/11 - Received Biometrics Appointment
9/13/11 - Had Biometrics Appointment
10/19/11 - EAD/AP Approval Text/Email / 10/27/11 - EAD/AP Card Received in Mail!
11/18/11 - Interview Text/Email for Dec 21st!
12/21/11 - Interviewed & APPROVED!
12/27/11 - Welcome to USA Letter & GC Received!!

K-1 Visa Journey
1/06/11 - Mailed I-129F to Texas Lockbox
1/07/11 - Packet received and sent on to VT
1/10/11 - NOA1 / 1/14/11 - NOA1 arrived by mail
5/09/11 - NOA2!! (Took 119 Days) / 5/12/11 - NOA2 arrived by mail
5/17/11 - NVC Received
5/18/11 - NVC Sent
5/20/11 - Embassy Received
6/11/11 - Packet 3 Sent
6/14/11 - Packet 3 signed for by someone called "KOKO"
6/15/11 - Medical / 6/20/11 - Medical Logged
6/23/11 - Packet 3 Logged
6/30/11 - Packet 4 Received (with original interview date of 7/25)
7/04/11 - Packet 4 Received (with new interview date of 7/13)
7/13/11 - Interview!! APPROVED!!!
7/15/11 - Visa in Hand
7/29/11 - POE JFK

8/06/11 - Wedding Day!
heart.gif

On topic: So if you wouldn't usually get the influenza vaccine, and you get approved in time, then you may want to try to schedule your medical for before October so that you can avoid this shot. (That's if you get approved really quickly, you'll actually probably end up having your medical right in the middle of the flu season.)

Joanna--

USCIS is kinda easy on this one. They go by the date of the medical exam which is the Knightsbridge date if you get it all taken care of by then. If you were current with shots and didn't get a flu jab (not flu season) then no matter when they adjudicate AOS, it's okay as long as you were current on the date of your medical (date on the DS-3025).

And if you didn't get a flu jab during flu season, but they adjudicate your AOS when it's NOT flu season, then they okay it because it's not a requirement at the time they are adjudicating. Another example they throw into this rule is aging out. If you were 18 at your exam, you're supposed to have Hep B. If you didn't have it and had turned 19 by AOS, they don't demand it because at the time of adjudication it is no longer a requirement for a 19 year old. Here's their words:

C) Steps to determine the necessary vaccinations

Step 1 . First determine which vaccinations were required for the applicant as of the date the medical exam was conducted.

Step 2 . Verify that the vaccinations required as of the date of the medical exam had been received by the applicant or that the vaccinations required as of that date were marked as “not medically appropriate.” Form I-693 is acceptable if the applicant has received each of the required vaccinations, or if the civil surgeon has noted that the vaccination was “not medically appropriate” at the time of the examination.

Step 3 . If the required vaccinations were not received or not marked as “not medically appropriate” as of the date the medical exam was conducted, determine whether the missing vaccinations would still be required as of the date of adjudication.

Step 4 . If the missing vaccinations are no longer required, the vaccination requirements have been met. This is, for example, the case when the applicant has aged out, or it is not the flu season, or a vaccine is no longer required by law.

Step 5 . If the missing vaccinations would still be required, the officer should
RFE
for those vaccinations.

Here's the part I speculate on. Say you were okay at Knightsbridge, but decided to go get a civil surgeon to copy your shots to an I-693 for AOS. I think that becomes the medical exam date for shots and the DS-3025 date is old news and no longer counts. If flu season had rolled around by then, then the I-693 would need a flu shot on it because that's the date they will look at. Same with shots that are a series. If enough time had passed, then you would be due another shot of the series for the civil surgeon sign off. If you stuck with your fully complete DS-3025 and didn't do a new date of record with a civil surgeon, then you wouldn't have to get more shots. That's how I sort it out in my head. What do you think?

(Thank you little_g. You're doing a lovely job helping people too.)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Joanna--

USCIS is kinda easy on this one. They go by the date of the medical exam which is the Knightsbridge date if you get it all taken care of by then. If you were current with shots and didn't get a flu jab (not flu season) then no matter when they adjudicate AOS, it's okay as long as you were current on the date of your medical (date on the DS-3025).

And if you didn't get a flu jab during flu season, but they adjudicate your AOS when it's NOT flu season, then they okay it because it's not a requirement at the time they are adjudicating.

Aha, so if your vaccination record isn't complete because you didn't get the flu shot (and it WAS during flu season, so your DS-3025 really isn't complete), you can still use it as if it is complete, if by the time you apply for AOS it is not flu season. And they will look at your record, realise it isn't flu season, and ok it? I guess I was thinking they would require you to get a civil surgeon to, basically, just say the flu shot isn't necessary this time of year and sign off on it.

Given that the flu shot needs to be given every year, it kind of doesn't make sense requiring it for AOS. For a visa, maybe, so that you can't import flu...(lol) but by AOS time it seems kind of pointless. Good to know you can probably get around it either way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Unfortunately it is a bit of a "how long is a piece of string?" question. There is something of a pattern and your profile doesn't show whether your file is in California or Vermont, but California tends to be quicker. Either way, you are unlikely to receive your NOA2 inside 3mths at present, though most will say 5-7 months is more realistic.

While you check on the USCIS status updates, keep in mind that many people stay in "Initial Review" until they receive their NOA2 and many are approved and beyond and their status never leaves "Initial Review". In other words it isn't a reliable way to check status.

You can look at the K1 Guide (Guides at the top of this page) to follow the order of the process. After you receive NOA2, your file will go via NVC to your embassy. If you check your embassy site it will tell you what is required by them and for the interview. This is an indication of what you may want to start preparing for the next stage. Each embassy is different so just follow their list. UK members will be able to help you further. If you complete your profile and timeline it makes it easier for VJers to offer advice. Best of luck with your petition.

Please update yopur timeline when you receive your NOA2. Would really appreciate.

Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.