lovepath

To be with fiancee on interview day, will it help at all?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Dear MENA members,

So now I am getting a little anxious. We do not have much in the form of letters or e-mail...just many phone call logs, massenger call logs, photos from 2 visits in the past year, and few WU money tranfer reciepts (all related to our application expences).

Given that we do not have much letters/e-mails, will it help if I travel to be with her on the day of our interview? I know Casa does not allow us to be with our fiance/fiancee during the interview, but will it even help to be waiting outside in the street during the interview to provide emotional support? Will it make any difference?

It will not be easy to ask for a few days off from my work on such a short notice, but if this will help, then I am willing to give it a try.

What do you think?

Thanks.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

i went and waited outside on the day of the his interview and when they asked if she had ever been to morocco and how many times...he said "yes,15 times....16 if you count this trip, she waiting for me outside" and the interviewer said "ohhhh!". we were approved but i dont know if it made a difference but to be there together on this SUPER IMPORTANT DAY MEANT ALOT TO THE BOTH OF US!! :yes:

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Timeline

i went and waited outside on the day of the his interview and when they asked if she had ever been to morocco and how many times...he said "yes,15 times....16 if you count this trip, she waiting for me outside" and the interviewer said "ohhhh!". we were approved but i dont know if it made a difference but to be there together on this SUPER IMPORTANT DAY MEANT ALOT TO THE BOTH OF US!! :yes:

Thanks Robi! I will also try to be there. I wish you all the best, your deatailed interview review have been very helpful to all of us here waiting our interview turn. Great advice.

All the best to you and basstof.... :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

thank you so much for your kind words! i know it will be hard getting time off from work but it will mean SO MUCH for your fiance to have you by her side because ITS ALL SO NERVE WRECKING!!! and to share the great news that you are approved face to face or to be with her together dealing with some small set back of anykind... its so special and something you will cherish for all the rest of your lives i think...she will appreciate the support for sure. i wish you guys the best EVER! and thank you again!!!

Edited by basstof and robi

"trust in what you love, continue to do it and it will take you where you need to go...."

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was outside in the cafe across the street - though this was about 6 years ago. He even went in with my passport - they asked how many times we'd been together and he handed them my passport and said 4 times and she's outside right now. We had a very unusual turn around and were given the visa the very next day. I don't know if it helped. I suppose if you're financially able to be there, I would go - won't hurt!

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Timeline

I was outside in the cafe across the street - though this was about 6 years ago. He even went in with my passport - they asked how many times we'd been together and he handed them my passport and said 4 times and she's outside right now. We had a very unusual turn around and were given the visa the very next day. I don't know if it helped. I suppose if you're financially able to be there, I would go - won't hurt!

Thank you for your reply,...I will be going there. You guys convinced me. It will cost me well over a $1500 more than the usual airfare price that I pay to get to morocco, but she is worth it. Plus, I will be staying in a hotel (rather than her family's home were I usually stay, were I eat and sleep for free)...so that is another $1000 more! Not to mention the difficulty that my fellow co-workers have to go through trying to cover my shifts at work while I am away.....

Oh...the things we do for love! (L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oooooh so you're a male petitioner...in that case I wouldn't bother --- I've never heard of a female being denied...

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Come to think of it.....I don't recall ever hearing of a female beneficiary being denied out of Casa either. It seems like all the denials I can remember were for men. :unsure:

Ditto. I've heard plenty of Moroccan female beneficiary scammer stories, but as with many parts of the world, the number of female scammers doesn't seem to be proportional with the difficulty of getting the female beneficiary a visa.

To the OP, I think from various posts of yours I've seen you guys have a very solid case and I wouldn't think it's going to make or break your outcome. It sounds like it's very hard for you to make this trip. While it make not be "worth it" from an immigration standpoint, I'm sure it will make your fiancee feel much more comfortable with you there. I'd recommend it from a relationship standpoint, anyway. Have a nice trip, and I wish you both much success with both the interview and your marriage! (F)

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Although a nice gesture, save the money and spend it on something more important. The $3000 you'd throw down for the trip would be better spent elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Thank you all for your support!!! I whent there to be with my love. They told us to go and pick up our visa/passport the day after next...but when we went that keep saying "sorry our printer is not working...we ran-out of ink! Come back tommorow." We have been going back there everyday since, and still the same story "Visa not printed yet, ran out of printer ink, printer not working, come back tomorrow". Did anyone else experience this? Really!?, ran-out of printer ink? Anyhow...thank you all again!

Timeline

Thanks kristen!

My love finaly received it. Everyone here in the MENA forum and on VJ was very informative with good advice. I will be glad to help anyone with advice to be with their loved one.

I hope all of you who are still waiting the best of luck, and hope that you will be with your loved one soon.

Thanks again MENA and VJ people!!!!

Edited by lovepath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.