KingsWife

Declined Visa in Lagos

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There are a number of couples with real relationships that have been denied in Lagos , including us. I know of denials in the last 2 months where the parties have not posted in public because of how negative the reaction is to denied couples. You have to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Don't go there thinking that you are a true couple and they will just grant you a visa. The more red flags you have in your relationship the more you need to prepare. Most couples that are denied will get a visa on a second attempt but there are some that fail even then and are still married couples. At that point usually the USC has to move to Nigeria for an entended time ( 6 months - 1 year) to convince the consulate that you are serious about your relationship. If you buy into the ####### that Lagos gives out visas to all valid couples you are in for a huge letdown.

:thumbs: Thank you NigeriaorBust for putting this in "a blunt & logical prospective." I commend you for your honesty and realistic statement. :thumbs:

It is so easy to be delusional about the fate of our visa outcome. No one, and I mean no one knows his/her fate 100% with Lagos....regardless of their religious believes or the degree of the faith in God. :whistle:

My thoughts on this is:

It pains me to see people who assume that a "denial" means lack of a true relationship, or lack of true love for each other or lack of faith in God almighty. A denied doesn't automatically mean God sent judgment down from heaven that "the relationship is based on delusion, and it is fake and its only for immigration purposes, therefore he spoke through the CO and had them denied."

I pray for those who are still waiting for an answer on their visa fate and may it be approval, for I would not wish the pain of denial on anyone, regardless of their situation or relationship status. With that said, I appreciate and welcome all constructive criticism or help for that is what this group is here for to support and help each other get through the tough times and different stages of the VJ.

Please do not judge others based on your own personal conclusions, base them on facts instead. If the shoe was on the other foot, would you prefer help or sarcasm and criticism?

Thank you all and God bless.

:thumbs:

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well,we had all kinds of proof,phone records,emails,itinerary for all 4 trips to Nigeria,pictures,letter from friends and supervisors at my job etc..even letters from the Congressman's office on our behalf and were still denied.My husband and I are as real as real gets..and Lagos is just one of those places where you can never tell.I was with him for his interview,sat outside for 6 hours,they asked him about the difference in our race and about our age difference(which btw,is only 6 years)and the guy just gave him the basic "for Immigration purposes" letter. I have since contacted the consulate and after they originally told me in person in Lagos when I went to ACS it would be about 30 days for his app to return to the states,they now emailed me and said from 3-4 months before it gets returned to the states.I wish there was a way to have another interview scheduled while its still in Lagos.

In any case God knows the best time for us to be together and we will keep proving our love and dedication to each other,afterall thats what marriage is all about.Never giving up! ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As I have said many times Lagos is immigration gone wrong. From what I know both from the board and offline about 1/2 real couples get denied and about 1/2 the scammers skate right through. You may as well walk in a toss a coin. I wouldn't be so upset by the cr_p that we all have to go through is it really meant something but it is all smoke and mirrors making their boss happy that they are doing something. What really made me want to heave was I was quoted the price for "getting a visa at the back gate" by someone that I have no doubts could have a visa in my hand for the price quoted.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.