Dodobird

HELP ME PLEASE! USCIS is messing with my work permit!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Please help me. Here is my problem:

I filed my I 765 as part of my AOS package in March 18, 2011.

I received the NOA1. After I had not heard anything from my work permit for a long time, I called USCIS on June 10th.

5 days later I receive a letter saying that my work permit was "approved" on June 13th, 2011, but that I needed to wait for my biometrics appointment letter. A couple of days later I call USCIS again. The agent on the phone tells me that my work permit cannot be approved without having my biometrics done. And he thought that was weird. But he said I would receive a letter with an appointment soon.

On June 20th I call USCIS again, asking about my biometrics appointment letter. They put in a service request for me. Today (July 2nd, 2011) I get a letter from USCIS saying that I allegedly had a biometrics appointment on May 13th, 2011, and that I did not appear. That letter never got to me. Also I had changed my address officially a long time before then, so they had the CORRECT address.

I don't know what to do. I will call USCIS on Tuesday of course, but I would like to get your advice and help.

What can I do? The people on the hotline never told me that I had allegedly a biometrics appointment. And I never received an invitation. I am devastated and frustrated. Can you help me out there?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Make an InfoPass appointment at your local USCIS to get your biometrics appointment set up.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

Please help me. Here is my problem:

I filed my I 765 as part of my AOS package in March 18, 2011.

I received the NOA1. After I had not heard anything from my work permit for a long time, I called USCIS on June 10th.

5 days later I receive a letter saying that my work permit was "approved" on June 13th, 2011, but that I needed to wait for my biometrics appointment letter. A couple of days later I call USCIS again. The agent on the phone tells me that my work permit cannot be approved without having my biometrics done. And he thought that was weird. But he said I would receive a letter with an appointment soon.

On June 20th I call USCIS again, asking about my biometrics appointment letter. They put in a service request for me. Today (July 2nd, 2011) I get a letter from USCIS saying that I allegedly had a biometrics appointment on May 13th, 2011, and that I did not appear. That letter never got to me. Also I had changed my address officially a long time before then, so they had the CORRECT address.

I don't know what to do. I will call USCIS on Tuesday of course, but I would like to get your advice and help.

What can I do? The people on the hotline never told me that I had allegedly a biometrics appointment. And I never received an invitation. I am devastated and frustrated. Can you help me out there?

Yes for sure make an info pass. My husband was approved EAD and AP June 9th and his EAD card was never delivered as the Post Office sent it back as undelivered to address. I had to call USCIS and sure enough they just got the card back and now I had to fill out a service report as well and who knows now when he will get it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes for sure make an info pass. My husband was approved EAD and AP June 9th and his EAD card was never delivered as the Post Office sent it back as undelivered to address. I had to call USCIS and sure enough they just got the card back and now I had to fill out a service report as well and who knows now when he will get it.

Thanks for the reply! Do you know how long your husband had to wait to get the EAD in the end? I have an infopass on Wednesday, we'll see how that goes... thanks for your support.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the reply! Do you know how long your husband had to wait to get the EAD in the end? I have an infopass on Wednesday, we'll see how that goes... thanks for your support.

Well we are still waiting as of yesterday they had to fill out a new service report, retake our address again and send it to the office where they will re issue him another one and send it out. She said up to 30 more days. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG makes me so angry too. I no you are frustrated as we both are too and such silly typing mistakes of an address can put us this far behind. I sure hope they don't make the same mistake on his green card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.