Aeris21410

Bringing fake items in US

16 posts in this topic

Hello! I am scheduled to leave on the 3rd week of July. I was just curious and would like to ask those who already experienced the POE. I will be bringing total of 3 replica bags with me (personal use). I will be checking-in those bags (inside my luggage). I know it was mentioned during the CFO seminar that we are not allowed to bring any fake items in the US. Is there anyone out here who brought replica items (personal use) with them during their POE? And if yes, where's your POE?

Thanks!

Hello! I am scheduled to leave on the 3rd week of July. I was just curious and would like to ask those who already experienced the POE. I will be bringing total of 3 replica bags with me (personal use). I will be checking-in those bags (inside my luggage). I know it was mentioned during the CFO seminar that we are not allowed to bring any fake items in the US. Is there anyone out here who brought replica items (personal use) with them during their POE? And if yes, where's your POE?

Thanks!

Yes, many times I have done it. If they happen to ask you any questions just say they are for personal use.

Don't bring a suitcase full, you can bring a handful.

If you do want to ship a box of purses back to USA then go thru Philippines Post and it will take about 3 weeks to ship a box

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Yes, many times I have done it. If they happen to ask you any questions just say they are for personal use.

Don't bring a suitcase full, you can bring a handful.

If you do want to ship a box of purses back to USA then go thru Philippines Post and it will take about 3 weeks to ship a box

Thank you! Where did you have your POE? I guess I am just worried about getting into some trouble after all these process. haha! I guess if they insist that it is not allowed, the can just take them and throw them..

Thank you! Where did you have your POE? I guess I am just worried about getting into some trouble after all these process. haha! I guess if they insist that it is not allowed, the can just take them and throw them..

How do you know they are fake?

I was in Las Vegas last week and went in a Louis Vutton store and asked how could they prove the purses they sold their were authentic and not fake from China, They said they couldn't and don't offer a certificate of authenticity, They said by buying it in the LV store made it real.

I call Bull$hit on that answer.

My nephew was stopped last years at Customs and asked about purses he had, the officer asked him is they were fake or real, he replied "I don't know I am just man" I bought them in Philippines for my wife and he was allowed to bring them into USA.....

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

According to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), you are actually allowed to bring in one item, if it is for personal use.

"However, travelers arriving in the United States may be permitted an exemption and allowed to import one article of each type, which must accompany the person, bearing a counterfeit, confusingly similar or restricted gray market trademark, provided that the article is for personal use and is not for sale."

From here.

I would never bring a counterfeit materials, whether bags or clothes. I rather be better safe than sorry!

If you want to take that risk, Go, but you have to face the consequences of your action.... :P

05/08/2010: Married
03/18/2011: I-130 Sent
03/21/2011: NOA1 noticed date
05/27/2011: NOA2 noticed date
06/28/2011: NVC finally received our case!
06/30/2011: Case number received!
07/01/2011: Received DS-3032 from NVC
07/04/2011: Wifey e-mailed DS-3032 form to NVC
07/06/2011: Paid AOS bill
07/09/2011: DS-3032 received/processed by NVC
07/11/2011: IV bill received :
07/22/2011: IV bill paid
07/25/2011: AOS/I-864 packet mailed
07/27/2011: AOS/I-864 packet delivered to NVC
08/02/2011: DS-230 packet mailed to NVC
08/03/2011: DS-230 packet delivered to NVC
08/08/2011: Medical Exam Taken
08/09/2011: Medical Results: PASSED! Yehey!

08/10/2011: Case Completed / Sign In Failed

08/12/2011: Interview date assigned : September 19, 8:30am @ USEM... Yay!
09/19/2011: WIFE'S VISA APPROVED!!!
Thank YOU Lord!
09/23/2011: Wife picked up her VISA..
10/24/2011: POE: J.F.K.-NY

ROC

08/26/2013: i-751 mailed

08/28/2013: i-751 received per USPS tracking...

08/29/2013: NOA receipt date

10/04/2013: Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Thanks for all your input. I am only bringing 3.. I hope I won't have any problem.

Articles bearing marks that are counterfeit or inappropriately using a federally registered trademark are subject to seizure and forfeiture. The importation of articles intended for sale or public distribution bearing counterfeit marks may subject an individual to a civil fine if the registered trademark has also been recorded with CBP. Articles bearing marks that are confusingly similar to a CBP recorded registered trademark, and restricted gray market articles (goods bearing genuine marks not intended for U.S. importation for which CBP granted gray market protection) are subject to detention and seizure.

However, travelers arriving in the United States may be permitted an exemption and allowed to import one article of each type, which must accompany the person, bearing a counterfeit, confusingly similar or restricted gray market trademark, provided that the article is for personal use and is not for sale.

This exemption may be granted not more than once every 30 days. The arriving passenger may retain one article of each type accompanying the person. For example, an arriving person who has three purses, whether each bears a different infringing trademark, or whether all three bear the same infringing trademark, is permitted only one purse. If the article imported under the personal exemption provision is sold within one year after the date of importation, the article or its value is subject to forfeiture.

Articles bearing marks that are counterfeit or inappropriately using a federally registered trademark are subject to seizure and forfeiture. The importation of articles intended for sale or public distribution bearing counterfeit marks may subject an individual to a civil fine if the registered trademark has also been recorded with CBP. Articles bearing marks that are confusingly similar to a CBP recorded registered trademark, and restricted gray market articles (goods bearing genuine marks not intended for U.S. importation for which CBP granted gray market protection) are subject to detention and seizure.

However, travelers arriving in the United States may be permitted an exemption and allowed to import one article of each type, which must accompany the person, bearing a counterfeit, confusingly similar or restricted gray market trademark, provided that the article is for personal use and is not for sale.

This exemption may be granted not more than once every 30 days. The arriving passenger may retain one article of each type accompanying the person. For example, an arriving person who has three purses, whether each bears a different infringing trademark, or whether all three bear the same infringing trademark, is permitted only one purse. If the article imported under the personal exemption provision is sold within one year after the date of importation, the article or its value is subject to forfeiture.

Yeah,, I've read the exact thing from CBP website. Thank you for your input. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Yeah,, I've read the exact thing from CBP website. Thank you for your input. :)

So the question in my mind is knowing that there is plenty of bogus products readily available in the US why would one on their entry trip to the US be bringing items on purpose they know are restricted risking a possible fine and hassle?

I wouldnt claim them on the customs form and just bring them, say you bought them overseas as gifts and thats it. Good luck on them trying to prove if they are a real or not. Often, the "real" factories make extras , or sell the ones that dont pass quality control. So "real" is hard to define

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

I wouldnt claim them on the customs form and just bring them, say you bought them overseas as gifts and thats it. Good luck on them trying to prove if they are a real or not. Often, the "real" factories make extras , or sell the ones that dont pass quality control. So "real" is hard to define

Exactly

I consider them seconds, the one that don't pass quality control or when they have excess and dump them on the 3rd World Country Market.

Just like when the Dallas Mavericks beat the Miami Heat last week, they already had Championhsip T-Shirts printed for both teams, and when Dallas won they were able to put them on at the end of the game, the Miami Heat Shirts are sent to 3rd World Countries for distribution. NFL does this as well............

Thank you all so much! :) True, they'll have a hard time telling it the bags are fake or real. Besides, I am not bringing a suit case full of it. :)

This issue is more on the psychological aspect of a person. Other people might not be able to tell if it is fake or not. But knowing deep down that you are bringing fake and in effect lying to others, it up to you...

And i would say, if you mingle with people who are used to all original stuff, they could sense a fake item from afar. :devil:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.