Sign in to follow this  
princess7887

QUESTIONS as to procedure after NOA 2

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys,

For those that have gone through the nigerian consulate recently,i just got my petition approved and as we speak i blive my case is on its way to the NVC, i need tons of help as to docs reqrd for interview. I just need to get my mind set on getting my docs ready so any and all info is appreciated.

1. how many years of tax transcript are they requiring

2. are they going to email you packet 3 and 4 as some have stated or do we have to get it online?

3. if my last years income was above poverty level and this years is not, will i be needing a co sponsor (changed jobs and hired as a partime although i work full time hours)

4. What will my cosponsor have to provide, and wat poverty level will we be looking at if no one is dependent on them? ( am guessin me, my fiance and the cosponsor)

5. How recent should my pay stub be? travellin over there in august, but my estimate is we would not have an interview date till october/novemberish.

Any and every help is appreciated, i am trying not to get overwhelmed so i jsut like to stay on top of things and be informed. THanks bunch

2/11/11-Sent I-129f

2/14/11-packet recvd, signed by D.SAWYER

2/18/11-USCIS txt and email notification of NOA1

2/22/11- Hard copy NOA1 recvd, dated for 2/16

6/27/11- NOA 2 APPROVED (131 DAYS)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys,

For those that have gone through the nigerian consulate recently,i just got my petition approved and as we speak i blive my case is on its way to the NVC, i need tons of help as to docs reqrd for interview. I just need to get my mind set on getting my docs ready so any and all info is appreciated.

2. are they going to email you packet 3 and 4 as some have stated or do we have to get it online?

3. if my last years income was above poverty level and this years is not, will i be needing a co sponsor (changed jobs and hired as a partime although i work full time hours)

4. What will my cosponsor have to provide, and wat poverty level will we be looking at if no one is dependent on them? ( am guessin me, my fiance and the cosponsor)

5. How recent should my pay stub be? travellin over there in august, but my estimate is we would not have an interview date till october/novemberish.

Any and every help is appreciated, i am trying not to get overwhelmed so i jsut like to stay on top of things and be informed. THanks bunch

You only need the most recent tax return but a lot of people send the last three years

They will email you pkt3 and pkt4 you cant get it online anymore because the link does not work anymore I cant really answer 3 and 4 so I will leave that for someone else to answer although I could take a stab at it I rather not give out wrong info

You should have at least a yrs worth of pay stubs if you dont have a yr then 6months just to be on the safe side because you are dealing with Lagos.

Dont get overwhelmed you will be fine GOOD LUCK on the rest of your Journey :thumbs:

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Timeline

I haven't gone through the Nigerian consulate yet but I am in the process. The instructions page I received with packet 3 stated 3-4 years of tax returns. I have all 4yrs (from 2007) but since 2010 is the most recent, I notarized the most recent one.

You should be receiving an email that comprises of packet 3 & 4. I thought they sent these seperately butas far as I know, it's just one email.

I suggest you get a co-sponsor since (I think) they would dwell more on the most recent. You can check somewhere on the website for the income guide for sponsorship. I might actually have it under one of my topics regarding a similar question. I'll post that later if i find it.

Lastly, per your pay stubs, like patient 2010 said, I suggest a year's worth will suffice.

Wishing you all the very best in your journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello guys,

1. I sent 3 years.

2. They will email the packets.

3. Not sure but better safe than sorry

4. Co-sponsor will provide same information you will for Affidavit of Support. If your co-sponsor is married (and filed married) then yes they would be dependent of 3. If they have children and claim them on their taxes then they will be counted also).

5. I sent 3 months. You can always email copies of your pay stubs if you want to be close to your interview date.

02iqn7wnr.png

Timeline

#3 They will focus on your current income... they use previous years income to check for consuistency in your income.

#4 The Co sponsor income must be enough to cover his/her dependents, you and your fiance. If you have enough assets such as cash in your bank account and other liquid assets you can avoid the co sponsor.

Good Luck!

Timeline

Thanks guys, i sincerely appreciate all your help and informations, they are indeed useful.

My cosponsor is going to be my mother, she is married but no dependents anymore as we are all on our own.. so for her it will be 125% above poverty line for me her and my fiancee correct?

so she as well wil be needing everythin that i need as far as aos which is a copy of i-134,3ys tax transcript, recent pay stub and letter from her employer correct?

and and right now i make abt 16 k a year and have abt 5k in savings i know that is above poverty line but we all know nigeria always have their excuses and that is why i want to get a co sponsor just to back that up.

2/11/11-Sent I-129f

event.png

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks guys, i sincerely appreciate all your help and informations, they are indeed useful.

My cosponsor is going to be my mother, she is married but no dependents anymore as we are all on our own.. so for her it will be 125% above poverty line for me her and my fiancee correct?

so she as well wil be needing everythin that i need as far as aos which is a copy of i-134,3ys tax transcript, recent pay stub and letter from her employer correct?

and and right now i make abt 16 k a year and have abt 5k in savings i know that is above poverty line but we all know nigeria always have their excuses and that is why i want to get a co sponsor just to back that up.

You say she has no dependents, and you are not dependent on her, correct? You are not counted in her household. She needs to have the 125% level for 3 people, herself, husband and your fiance. I believe. If her husband is not counted, then just 2 people.

Yes, she needs everything the same as you will for the I-134.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Timeline

thats correct, no dependents, but she files married filing jointly.. however my father is nt dependent on her either. so am guessing 2

2/11/11-Sent I-129f

event.png

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

thats correct, no dependents, but she files married filing jointly.. however my father is nt dependent on her either. so am guessing 2

I just rechecked the household size instructions, and the spouse is counted. So, yes, 3 people.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.