phillybogota

DS-160 only in English?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I am thinking about getting tourist visas for my parents in Colombia. I am trying to find out all the information, and I found this form DS-160. I have two questions...1. Is it only in English? my parents do not know any English and do not have a computer... 2. Can I fill it out here in the States, print it, and send it to them?

Adriana

9-29-2005 - Sent off K1 Petition application. my brithday!!

10-03-2005 - Vermont received package

case number in the back of the check (bank online)

never Received NOA1 in mail

10-20-2005 - approved- SO SO HAPPY!!!

10-26-2005 - got NOA2 in mail saying the case was sent to NVC

11-01-2005 - got a letter from NVC saying the case was sent to Bogota embassy in oct 28th

11-04-2005 - got package 3 on Bogota and faxed DS-230 and OF-169, i will send them to the embassy too.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am thinking about getting tourist visas for my parents in Colombia. I am trying to find out all the information, and I found this form DS-160. I have two questions...1. Is it only in English? my parents do not know any English and do not have a computer... 2. Can I fill it out here in the States, print it, and send it to them?

Adriana

To be clear you as the USC do not apply for them. I would think they could get the forms in Spanish but I am not sure. You could fill them out but they would submit them. Any interview would be in Spanish.

The approval of the visas will hinge on their ability to comply with the strongest ties rule. Because all people holding visas are considered intending immigrants they must prove beyond doubt they must return. This can be done by evidence of business, family, real estate ect. Their age may prove to be helpful as well. It can be difficult to obtain a tourist visa if the rules arent understood. Help them understand these concepts to have the best chance of success.

Timeline

I have tried that link, but it does not change to any other language, it stays in English. Does it change the language when you try?

11-01-2005 - got a letter from NVC saying the case was sent to Bogota embassy in oct 28th

11-04-2005 - got package 3 on Bogota and faxed DS-230 and OF-169, i will send them to the embassy too.

Timeline

Do you think it is okay if I fill them out and send them to my parents? They heard there are people near the embassy that can help them, but I am wondering what people usually do? will the interviewer ask them who helped them?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I would be surprised if spanish is the common language in Colombia and consulate there would not have a spanish form.

You just might want to call consulate there and check out if they have the option.

I would not suggest you filling out the forms for them, if they have filled it out themself then they know exactly whts on the form so they can answer all the questions.

I am not sure of colombia consulate, but for India we cannot submit the paper forms anymore we have to do electronic submission, if sames the case then not sure how the printed form would help.

Timeline

Thank you all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.