wowmk1

My case and the F2A July visa bulletin

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I'm from Macedonia (U.S embassy in Skopje) and my priority date is 18JAN08 and i got an interview scheduled. I saw the July 2011 visa bulletin and its states for f2a category the PD is 22MAR08. I don't quite understand this:

*NOTE: For July, F2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 15FEB08. F2A numbers SUBJECT to per-country limit are available to applicants chargeable to all countries EXCEPT MEXICO with priority dates beginning 15FEB08 and earlier than 22MAR08. (All F2A numbers provided for MEXICO are exempt from the per-country limit; there are no F2A numbers for MEXICO subject to per-country limit.)

Does this mean that if i pass the medical examination and the interview a visa is available to me?

Thank you.

Hi, I'm from Macedonia (U.S embassy in Skopje) and my priority date is 18JAN08 and i got an interview scheduled. I saw the July 2011 visa bulletin and its states for f2a category the PD is 22MAR08. I don't quite understand this:

*NOTE: For July, F2A numbers EXEMPT from per-country limit are available to applicants from all countries with priority dates earlier than 15FEB08. F2A numbers SUBJECT to per-country limit are available to applicants chargeable to all countries EXCEPT MEXICO with priority dates beginning 15FEB08 and earlier than 22MAR08. (All F2A numbers provided for MEXICO are exempt from the per-country limit; there are no F2A numbers for MEXICO subject to per-country limit.)

Does this mean that if i pass the medical examination and the interview a visa is available to me?

Thank you.

It means that on July 1, 2011, those in the F2a category (except for Mexicans) with a Priority Date on or before March 22, 2008, have visas available to them. For Mexicans in the F2a category, their PDs must be on or before Feb. 15, 2008, in order to be eligible for a visa.

Your PD will be current on July 1, 2011. If you pass the medical, the interview, the background check, and meet all the other requirements, you will be issued an immigration visa.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No need to worry, they just made a mistake in scheduling.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

No need to worry, they just made a mistake in scheduling.

Yea i hope so, but my petitioner and me we both received e-mail and snail mail with the interview date... should i wait for another appointment letter or just show up on the newly assigned interview date? Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I would show up on the new date, as it is earlier than the old one. Hopefully you'll get an email you can print out or a letter before the actual interview date but it not, I'd just show up.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I would show up on the new date, as it is earlier than the old one. Hopefully you'll get an email you can print out or a letter before the actual interview date but it not, I'd just show up.

Just called the embassy and spoke to a consular. He said i should not wait for a new letter, just show up on the new date, and that everything is ok.

Thanks again mate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.