teonshine

anyone else told at there interview that we think you not get married

20 posts in this topic

we had are interview on june 22. they deny her because they feel that she was not intending to get married. then the officer tells her she needs to convince them that she is. they never looked at her pictures, never read the ym chat logs. only looked at the phone bill and said a 5 min phone call is not prove a relationship. I really don't understand them. anyone else ever get this kind of result and were they able to convince them they intend to get married. :help:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

we had are interview on june 22. they deny her because they feel that she was not intending to get married. then the officer tells her she needs to convince them that she is. they never looked at her pictures, never read the ym chat logs. only looked at the phone bill and said a 5 min phone call is not prove a relationship. I really don't understand them. anyone else ever get this kind of result and were they able to convince them they intend to get married. :help:

Did they say anything about appealing for reconsideration?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has your fiance received a yellow form or a white form? Did she receives anything from the US Embassy after she is done with the interview process? Is her passport with her, or is it that they kept your Fiance passport? Actually, if she did received a yellow form it is final, but if she did not received it then there is a hope that they will study the case further, and you will have to wait for the result. They mite be needing further documentation that you will be put in Administrative Review.

Our case was in AP but the CO no longer needs further documents for us to send, they took our passport with them, and we were told to wait until they will deliver the Visa once the review is done.The CO right after the interview told some one will explain to me and I WILL BE FINE. So that is it, I have learned that we are on AP, handed a white form 221(g) and no further documents needed and wait until we get the Visa.

she did get a white form. but they did give her back the passports. i called the embassy and they asked me for a letter and any proof we have a relationship on going. i been faxing them daily proof. they told me to check back in a week or two. but at the bottom of that form it said he case was going back to the nvc and to refer to them. So i am hoping we still have a chance. :wacko:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

she did get a white form. but they did give her back the passports. i called the embassy and they asked me for a letter and any proof we have a relationship on going. i been faxing them daily proof. they told me to check back in a week or two. but at the bottom of that form it said he case was going back to the nvc and to refer to them. So i am hoping we still have a chance. :wacko:

Correct me If I am wrong, The white form is the 221(g). So your Fiance passport was given back to her? A white form is given when the CO needs further documentation or the case needs further review ( which the CO will no longer required any further documents from you both) after the interview, so the approval of the Visa can be granted after review is done.

In your case, it does say something about referring back your case to the NVC then maybe they want to make sure that NVC do their job of making proper study of the case again before it gets back to the Consular Office the Embassy here. What ever is the case maybe, I can only wish everything goes fine.

Timeline

Jeeze!!! You have me worried now, our interview is July 6th. :unsure: Do you mind if I ask what evidence you submitted for proof of ongoing relationship and wedding plans? or did your Fiancee not have the opportunity to show the evidence? I don't like this system, it seems to me that a CO at the embassy can be having a bad day at work and as a results our world and future happiness placed on indefinite hold!! :protest: Makes me angry! We are just trying to jump through the hoops and make them happy I guess? Your poor Fiancee must be devastated.. I am sorry this happened to you guys and I hope things get on track soon so you can be together and get on with your lives. Lee

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

She only brought one phone record and it was only a 5 minute long call? Sounds like she's going to need to bring more phone call logs showing you guys spending more than 5 minutes on the phone with each other. Sorry this caused a snag for you, but in all honesty, if I were the CO of an embassy that sees a high rate of fraud, I'd want to see more evidence than that.

She only brought one phone record and it was only a 5 minute long call? Sounds like she's going to need to bring more phone call logs showing you guys spending more than 5 minutes on the phone with each other. Sorry this caused a snag for you, but in all honesty, if I were the CO of an embassy that sees a high rate of fraud, I'd want to see more evidence than that.

" they never looked at her pictures, never read the ym chat logs. only looked at the phone bill and said a 5 min phone call is not prove a relationship."

I have zero minutes logged on a phone with my fiancee over the past year, that does not mean we don't have other evidence.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

" they never looked at her pictures, never read the ym chat logs. only looked at the phone bill and said a 5 min phone call is not prove a relationship."

I have zero minutes logged on a phone with my fiancee over the past year, that does not mean we don't have other evidence.

Not all evidence holds equal weight in the eyes of the CO, particularly when they are keen to be looking out for potential fraud. I would imagine that phone conversations, where you are actually talking to your future spouse is the next best form of evidence besides spending time with them face to face. Chat logs and pictures, IMO, don't really prove much - they are more or less supplemental evidence, not primary. For example, I've got a photo of me chumming up with a famous person, but that doesn't mean we're friends. If I were a CO and all I saw were short phone calls, especially accompanied with bank statements showing that I've been sending some girl in the Philippines a steady cash flow, lots of red flags would go off for me. My advice would be to start spending more time talking on the phone with your future spouse and keep records.

Timeline

This really concerns me. Since returning home from my last visit in April, my fiancee and I have only spoken on the phone maybe twice. There is no record of it b/c I used a pre-paid card. There is not a single day that we go without talking to each other on YM, Facebook, or Oovoo. We have no reason to pick up and use telephone b/c we can see each other face to face. This sounds just like something the US govt would do and want us to use some old fashion form of communication when the world revolves on social networks and digital communications. I sure hope they do not ask for evidence of me using a pigeon carrier or telegraph or we are screwed.

The fact of the matter is there was pleanty of evidence. she had photos, letters, yahoo chat and the phone bills. He only looked atthe phone bill. never lookedat anything else. at the preinterview where they go through all the papers the girl there looked at everything including the photos and told shine to be sure they see the pictures. but the young man (CO) chose only the phone bill.

Not all evidence holds equal weight in the eyes of the CO, particularly when they are keen to be looking out for potential fraud. I would imagine that phone conversations, where you are actually talking to your future spouse is the next best form of evidence besides spending time with them face to face. Chat logs and pictures, IMO, don't really prove much - they are more or less supplemental evidence, not primary. For example, I've got a photo of me chumming up with a famous person, but that doesn't mean we're friends. If I were a CO and all I saw were short phone calls, especially accompanied with bank statements showing that I've been sending some girl in the Philippines a steady cash flow, lots of red flags would go off for me. My advice would be to start spending more time talking on the phone with your future spouse and keep records.

Of course everyone has their opinion as to what evidence is more crucial than others, the bottom line is that rarely do COs look at ANY of it. Just ask a few questions, maybe look at the pics sent with the I-129, and that's it. Not sure how you can say a phone log is more credible than anything else... particularly in light of the fact that I don't call my fiancee. Why? Well, when I COULD call her, it was much cheaper and easier to use Skype, particularly in light of the fact that there is video. So we spent hours and hours on Skype. And now that I am deployed, telephonic commo is almost impossible, and reserved only for emergencies. Still email & Skype, and Gmail video chat (whatever happens to work at the moment).

Just not sure where you get your data for (basically) claiming that phone records are "the preferred" method of proof of commo. And I sincerely hope you are wrong, cuz we just ain't got it. The few times I did call, it was from a cell that is pre-paid, using a calling card that is pre-paid, and no billing records. But I am sure chat logs and bank statements will qualify just fine to show a relationship and continued support. It's not like I send money to strangers overseas just because I am a nice guy and want to save the world... :whistle:

At any rate, I guess we will find out in August if phone records are all that critical. Here's hoping our CO doesn't believe in phones!

This really concerns me. Since returning home from my last visit in April, my fiancee and I have only spoken on the phone maybe twice. There is no record of it b/c I used a pre-paid card. There is not a single day that we go without talking to each other on YM, Facebook, or Oovoo. We have no reason to pick up and use telephone b/c we can see each other face to face. This sounds just like something the US govt would do and want us to use some old fashion form of communication when the world revolves on social networks and digital communications. I sure hope they do not ask for evidence of me using a pigeon carrier or telegraph or we are screwed.

You will be just fine. Hundreds of people have been approved and were never asked for a phone record, or even for all their email and chat logs. People take a list of "suggested" evidence of a relationship and tend to maximize it to increase their chances of approval. Think about it this way... what if I was working in the PI, met a girl and decided to do the whole visa process while living with her? Then I would have no record at all of a relationship, other than my word that I was living with her. It's not like there are accurate landlord records and receipts handed out in the PI on a regular basis. Again I predict you will be just fine, and in the same boat as 85% of the applicants out here.

There must have been something else that happened or was said that led the co to doubt the relationship, I think it would be really unfair to base it off a phone record when most of the time its not even asked for? At any rate that is very unfortunate and strange, maybe the co was having a really bad day..im sure it will work itself out its just a setback. Goodluck!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

I hope things work out for you. I'm also one of the many people who have almost zero phone calls. Like somebody said earlier, why would I want to pay to talk on a phone when I can see the person face to face for free on skype?

Good luck and I hope you get this fixed. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.