teonshine

anyone else told at there interview that we think you not get married

20 posts in this topic

we had are interview on june 22. they deny her because they feel that she was not intending to get married. then the officer tells her she needs to convince them that she is. they never looked at her pictures, never read the ym chat logs. only looked at the phone bill and said a 5 min phone call is not prove a relationship. I really don't understand them. anyone else ever get this kind of result and were they able to convince them they intend to get married. :help:

YM and Chat logs are easily forged that why they rarely look at them

Phone bills are easily forged also.

I took no phone logs to our interviews, since I rarely called my fiance while she was in Philippines.

There must have been something else that happened or was said that led the co to doubt the relationship

BINGO.............

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The fact of the matter is there was pleanty of evidence. she had photos, letters, yahoo chat and the phone bills. He only looked atthe phone bill. never lookedat anything else. at the preinterview where they go through all the papers the girl there looked at everything including the photos and told shine to be sure they see the pictures. but the young man (CO) chose only the phone bill.

That's your assumption. Look, it sucks to have this happen, but for whatever various reasons, red flags went off for the CO and he acted accordingly. You may not agree with his handling of your case, but it is his job to verify the validity of the relationship and unfortunately the Manila Embassy has seen it's share of fraudulent cases. Even here on this site, there have been many Kanos that have posted how they were taken for a fool by their Filipina.

Timeline

Of course everyone has their opinion as to what evidence is more crucial than others, the bottom line is that rarely do COs look at ANY of it. Just ask a few questions, maybe look at the pics sent with the I-129, and that's it. Not sure how you can say a phone log is more credible than anything else... particularly in light of the fact that I don't call my fiancee. Why? Well, when I COULD call her, it was much cheaper and easier to use Skype, particularly in light of the fact that there is video. So we spent hours and hours on Skype. And now that I am deployed, telephonic commo is almost impossible, and reserved only for emergencies. Still email & Skype, and Gmail video chat (whatever happens to work at the moment).

Just not sure where you get your data for (basically) claiming that phone records are "the preferred" method of proof of commo. And I sincerely hope you are wrong, cuz we just ain't got it. The few times I did call, it was from a cell that is pre-paid, using a calling card that is pre-paid, and no billing records. But I am sure chat logs and bank statements will qualify just fine to show a relationship and continued support. It's not like I send money to strangers overseas just because I am a nice guy and want to save the world... :whistle:

At any rate, I guess we will find out in August if phone records are all that critical. Here's hoping our CO doesn't believe in phones!

From common sense. Does it mean that couples who don't spend much time on the phone are not legit? Not necessarily but if I were a CO, I would question why they don't. So perhaps, for those couples who have an alternative way to communicate that is comparable to talking on the phone, should explain to the CO how the relationship works over long distance. From what I recall my wife telling me about her interview with the CO, he wanted to know from her how we met and how we stay in contact. If a Filipina goes into the interview thinking she can just simply dump onto the CO, evidence of relationship, and think that she doesn't have to tell your love story (in a nutshell) then I think you're setting yourself up for delays or possible denial. The so-called evidence is at the CO's disposal to help supplement/corroborate with the personal testimony of the beneficiary.

post-65270-0-67512600-1309131015_thumb.jpg

she did get a white form. but they did give her back the passports. i called the embassy and they asked me for a letter and any proof we have a relationship on going. i been faxing them daily proof. they told me to check back in a week or two. but at the bottom of that form it said he case was going back to the nvc and to refer to them. So i am hoping we still have a chance. :wacko:

Timeline

post-65270-0-67512600-1309131015_thumb.jpg

When you appeal, redo all your evidence and spend time on the phone with your fiancee with the two of you talking about your long distant relationship. It's a good idea to recap how the relationship developed and how the two of you maintained that relationship over a long distance. She should get a photo album and use it as a presentation of all the paper evidence of the relationship. My wife put plane ticket stubs, receipts in the album, making it easy for the CO to peruse through. If your fiancee's command of English is not good, work with her by talking on the phone, so that when she gets another interview, she'll be able to effectively communicate to the CO about the relationship. She needs to realize that it is her personal testimony in the interview that the CO will be primarily making the decision on. The paper evidence is merely supplemental/corroborative.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.