Nes81

Nebraska Service Center

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My N400 application was received last Monday the 20th, but the check has not been cashed yet. I sent my application to the Nebraska Service Center because I’m a military dependent, I emailed them before i submitted my application and i was told to send it to them because i'm a military spouse and, but I'm worried because no action has been taken, for instance cashing the check, I know its still early. I wanted to know if anyone did submit their application to the NSC and how long did it take, and also what happen if i was misled and i wasn’t supposed to send it there, will they send it back?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

NSC is pretty slow. It takes around 2 weeks to cash the check generally don't for get and its only been 3 days.

You aren't the only person sending them things so they have to reach your stuff in their mail room.

Weird tho because NSC does not even list a processing time for N-400 on their USCIS page!

Tho the N-400 instructions say to send it there if you are a military spouse.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We always go by the addresses on the USCIS form site, seem to change that every five minutes. Ha, got in the habit of checking that just minutes before sending off the application. For you, would be this:

"2. Applications from Current or Former Members of the Military, Spouses of Current Members of the Military, and Close Relatives of Deceased Members of the MilitaryAll naturalization applications filed under the military provisions, sections 328 or 329 of the INA, must send your application to the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) regardless of where you live and whether you are filing from within the United States or abroad. If you are the spouse of a current member of the military, or are the close relative of a deceased family member (319(d)), send your application for naturalization to the NSC regardless of where you live and whether you are filing from the within the United States or abroad. Send your application to:

Nebraska Service Center

P.O. Box 87426

Lincoln, NE 68501-7426

For Express Mail or courier deliveries, use the following address:

Nebraska Service Center

850 S. Street

Lincoln, NE 68508"

Our experience was not good with Nebraska for ROC, while they cashed our check practically before we even sent it, misplaced our application and if it wasn't for help from our senator, think we will still be waiting for our ten year green cards.

On the other hand, USCIS, P.O. Box 21251, Phoenix, AZ 85036 for the last N-400 took almost three weeks to cash our check, but after that, moved so fast, oh my God, have to study for that civics test. So really no indication how things will go in terms of how long it takes them to cash your check.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.