edsotherhalf

Medical at Montreal review

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got back from my whirlwind trip to Montreal for my medical. Seems like a whole lot of wasted time and money and energy for the shortness of the actual medical. Could have had that done at home and sent to them. My appointment was 9:30. I arrived at the airport at 7:10 a.m. (caught the plane in Edmonton at 1:30 a.m.) I decided to take a cab from the airport instead of trying to figure out buses and trains. It was 38.00 flat rate and that was right to Mediskys front door. Stood in line for about 2 mins and was called up. Was asked for my passport, letter of interview from NVC, three pictures (they attached these to three yellow papers, didn't see what they were about) and my immunization record. Was given a paper to fill out with medical history. Well I have quite a history so had it all on a separate piece of paper and she attached it. Handed that back in and about 10 mins later the Dr. came out and called me in. He asked a couple of questions then I got undressed. The medical consisted of looking in my mouth and ears, listening to my chest, a poke at the belly, a quick look (no touching) at my breasts and that was it. Got dressed and he sent me back to the waiting room. 5 mins later I was called and taken for a chest exray, they only take 2 pics. Back to the waiting room, called 5 mins later by another women who took me back and did one blood test, weight and height and eye chart reading. After that I was called to the desk again and paid 213.00 for the fees. I didn't have to get any more immunizations. Came out of the bldg, at the bottom of stairs turn right (had a smoke first) and walked 1/2 block to where cabs were waiting and caught one back to the airport as my plane home was leaving at 2 p.m. One part done, interview next Weds.

Timeline

Just got back from my whirlwind trip to Montreal for my medical. Seems like a whole lot of wasted time and money and energy for the shortness of the actual medical. Could have had that done at home and sent to them. My appointment was 9:30. I arrived at the airport at 7:10 a.m. (caught the plane in Edmonton at 1:30 a.m.) I decided to take a cab from the airport instead of trying to figure out buses and trains. It was 38.00 flat rate and that was right to Mediskys front door. Stood in line for about 2 mins and was called up. Was asked for my passport, letter of interview from NVC, three pictures (they attached these to three yellow papers, didn't see what they were about) and my immunization record. Was given a paper to fill out with medical history. Well I have quite a history so had it all on a separate piece of paper and she attached it. Handed that back in and about 10 mins later the Dr. came out and called me in. He asked a couple of questions then I got undressed. The medical consisted of looking in my mouth and ears, listening to my chest, a poke at the belly, a quick look (no touching) at my breasts and that was it. Got dressed and he sent me back to the waiting room. 5 mins later I was called and taken for a chest exray, they only take 2 pics. Back to the waiting room, called 5 mins later by another women who took me back and did one blood test, weight and height and eye chart reading. After that I was called to the desk again and paid 213.00 for the fees. I didn't have to get any more immunizations. Came out of the bldg, at the bottom of stairs turn right (had a smoke first) and walked 1/2 block to where cabs were waiting and caught one back to the airport as my plane home was leaving at 2 p.m. One part done, interview next Weds.

Yeah!! Another step done for you!

I am doing a semi-whirlwind medical in Toronto on Aug 2nd. I guess from what I have read I will have lots of time to kill between my medical and flight back home!

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

I don't mind sitting at airports and people watching, although by the time I was sitting in Toronto airport I was falling asleep. Thank God my plane was a little late in Calgary as my connection was only 20 mins from getting out of one plane and leaving the airport to Edmonton. 4 flights in one day is a little much. Good luck for the rest of your journey. It will all be over soon. I told Medyskys' I was coming on the 28th to pick up results and she insisted I call first. Well as I explained to her, I can't "call" first. I get on a plane at 1:00 a.m. Tues morning, interview the next day. Its not like we like anywhere near the place. I am thinking it will all go well as I think if there were issues he would have mentioned it at the medical. I will call her when I land to see if I go directly there or to the hotel which won't be ready until 3. More time wasted.

I am doing a semi-whirlwind medical in Toronto on Aug 2nd. I guess from what I have read I will have lots of time to kill between my medical and flight back home!

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I'm doing my medical tomorrow in Montreal - August 1. Since I live in Ottawa, I'm driving there and back in the same day. Just curious to know about how long you were at the Doctor's office?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I'm doing my medical tomorrow in Montreal - August 1. Since I live in Ottawa, I'm driving there and back in the same day. Just curious to know about how long you were at the Doctor's office?

Thanks

If you read the post it says he was there from 930 am and at the airport at 2pm.

When I had gone to my medical at medisys i was there for almost the whole morning into the late afternoon as well.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Silly question -- can you eat before your medical, or do they ask you not to?

2010-11-22: I-129F Sent

2010-11-23: I-129F Received

2010-11-29: NOA1

2010-12-29: Touched

2011-03-18: Touched

2011-04-15: NOA2

2011-04-25: NVC Received

2011-05-06: Packet 3 Issued

2011-06-04: Packet 3 Logged/Packet 4 Sent (Delayed as we forgot the DS-160)

2011-08-02: Medical

2011-08-08: Interview - APPROVED

2011-08-12: Visa @ DHL

2011-08-16: POE at Winnipeg International Airport

2011-08-17: Wedding

Timeline

If you read the post it says he was there from 930 am and at the airport at 2pm.

When I had gone to my medical at medisys i was there for almost the whole morning into the late afternoon as well.

I realise that the individual was at the airport by 2, what I was curious about was the actual time in the office. There was a comment about the shortness of the medical and that things didn't take all that long (5 minutes for this, 10 minutes for that), so there must be a lot of waiting around. My appointment isn't until 11:30 am. The other choice offered to me was 2:30 pm which led me to believe that it wouldn't be a full day, certainly not most of the morning and well into the late afternoon. I have a very boring history, have all my immunization records and all my shots are up to date. I'll be optimistic and keep my fingers crossed that I won't be there all afternoon.

Timeline

I realise that the individual was at the airport by 2, what I was curious about was the actual time in the office. There was a comment about the shortness of the medical and that things didn't take all that long (5 minutes for this, 10 minutes for that), so there must be a lot of waiting around. My appointment isn't until 11:30 am. The other choice offered to me was 2:30 pm which led me to believe that it wouldn't be a full day, certainly not most of the morning and well into the late afternoon. I have a very boring history, have all my immunization records and all my shots are up to date. I'll be optimistic and keep my fingers crossed that I won't be there all afternoon.

I had all my shots and my records with me. VERY boring past medical history. You spend most of the entire time sitting for hours in the waiting room. The place is packed with people early morning. Bring a snack.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

I had all my shots and my records with me. VERY boring past medical history. You spend most of the entire time sitting for hours in the waiting room. The place is packed with people early morning. Bring a snack.

Very uneventful day. In and out in just over 2 hours. Pretty standard stuff - physical, x-ray, and blood work. The longest part was the wait while the nurse had her lunch. Otherwise, could have taken less than an hour.

Edited by skr

Timeline

Silly question -- can you eat before your medical, or do they ask you not to?

Eating is fine - they aren't doing fasting bloodwork or anything like that.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Sorry I missed your question. I see you have already had your medical. Time in the office was about 1.5 hours.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Be thankful that it was only 213.00, in Vancouver its 350.00, no cash, credit, check, or debit accepted...............

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Eating is fine - they aren't doing fasting bloodwork or anything like that.

Thanks for the reply! Came just in time as my fiance's medical was this morning at Medisys in Montreal.

From what I can grasp from his text messages, he got there about at 7:45am with his appointment being at 8:00am. He was in and out in an hour. The funny thing is, I asked him how crowded it was, and he said he was the only one there for about 45 minutes, and then finally 10 or so people showed up. The first part of the medical consisted of the physician's physical exam, and having questions asked such as, 'do you have asthma? have you ever had surgery?' He was able to answer no to everything, and the doctor wished him luck at the interview. The next part was the blood work, where had a friendly nurse say she typically draws blood for 20-30 visa applicants a day, but the day before she did close to 100 (moral of the story? don't have your medical on a holiday). The next part was his x-ray, which I think may have taken the longest. At the end, he was given a order number for his results and a phone number to call, and they told him his results would be ready within 48 hours (despite the fact that they said it would take until Friday afternoon when he arranged the appointment a few weeks ago). I believe he was completely finished at 9:05am.

Hope this helps someone!

2010-11-22: I-129F Sent

2010-11-23: I-129F Received

2010-11-29: NOA1

2010-12-29: Touched

2011-03-18: Touched

2011-04-15: NOA2

2011-04-25: NVC Received

2011-05-06: Packet 3 Issued

2011-06-04: Packet 3 Logged/Packet 4 Sent (Delayed as we forgot the DS-160)

2011-08-02: Medical

2011-08-08: Interview - APPROVED

2011-08-12: Visa @ DHL

2011-08-16: POE at Winnipeg International Airport

2011-08-17: Wedding

Timeline

Good Luck on your medical today Lise!! Almost done the journey.

Timeline

Im glad to hear they fixed there X-ray machine. It was broken on our visit. We had to to head way down the street to a wierd place to do our x-rays. It was like a 40 minute walk, but luckily we had our bus passes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.