figuringthisout

DS-260 Questions:

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG I get it now! See that's where I was confused... it appears the DS-260 needs all that information and then you start talking about the IV package I had no idea what it was! lol I get it now! =P

Thanks a bunch hun! <3 You're helping us out way more than you know!

I'll be sure to make myself sound less dumb in the future! lol xD

OMG I get it now! See that's where I was confused... it appears the DS-260 needs all that information and then you start talking about the IV package I had no idea what it was! lol I get it now! =P

Thanks a bunch hun! <3 You're helping us out way more than you know!

I'll be sure to make myself sound less dumb in the future! lol xD

Yay! You got it! kicking.gifkicking.gif

And I'm glad I was able to sort that out for you, lol. And if you have any other questions (whether you think they're dumb or not tongue.gif), just ask away. I'll be more than happy to answer! :)

Timeline

Awesome, I appreciate it! - Matter of fact I do have another question while we're at it regarding the medical: It was my understanding once this next bunch of stuff is all sorted out... they'd send a letter stating where we'd have to go for her medical exam. However I've read some people said you can just go and get it done now even? Do we not need some sort of information to submit to the medical agency so its tied in with our case?

Simply asked: When does the biometrics/medical come into play? =D :help:

Edited by figuringthisout

Awesome, I appreciate it! - Matter of fact I do have another question while we're at it regarding the medical: It was my understanding once this next bunch of stuff is all sorted out... they'd send a letter stating where we'd have to go for her medical exam. However I've read some people said you can just go and get it done now even? Do we not need some sort of information to submit to the medical agency so its tied in with our case?

Simply asked: When does the biometrics/medical come into play? =D :help:

NVC nor the consulate will send you a letter telling you to go to the medical. As soon as your case is complete and you have an interview letter, you can go do your medical. Some countries allow advance medicals where all you need is your NVC number, but as far as I know, panel physicians in Canada require an interview letter. There are 4 panel physicians in Canada: 1 in Vancouver (Wokings), 1 in Toronton (Dr Seidens), and 2 in Montreal (Medisys and Dr Seidens). You choose where you want to go, depending where you live. Since I lived in Montreal, I went to Medisys, as it was the cheaper of the two.

Biometrics (pictures and fingerprints) are done at the interview. You bring 2 more pictures of yourself to the consulate and the fingerprints get done by an officer. You'll also have fingerprints done again at POE.

Any more questions? :)

PS> Looking over your blog tonight when I get home... may have more questions tomorrow lol

I'll be home all day tomorrow :)

Timeline

I think I'm a few days ahead of you.

One gotcha with the DS-260 for me was on the signature page. What I was reading on the form wasn't actually what was written on the form :bonk:

Where it talks about selective service bit, I just read it as a warning NOT what it actually says which is "follow this link or we won't enable the signature button". I wasn't that interested in selective service because I'm male and am an immigrant myself and so was drilled on what it meant by my old attorney and I know that I'm bringing two females into the country. Just make sure you follow that link one time and the button will magically enable.

I think this makes myself and the NVC 1 to 1. They screwed up my stepdaughters opt-in and I can't read the form.

Another question on the documents:

both my wife and I were previously married. Do they want both divorce certificates at the NVC stage, or just hers? They already have a copy of both as part of the I-130 package.

I think I'm a few days ahead of you.

One gotcha with the DS-260 for me was on the signature page. What I was reading on the form wasn't actually what was written on the form :bonk:

Where it talks about selective service bit, I just read it as a warning NOT what it actually says which is "follow this link or we won't enable the signature button". I wasn't that interested in selective service because I'm male and am an immigrant myself and so was drilled on what it meant by my old attorney and I know that I'm bringing two females into the country. Just make sure you follow that link one time and the button will magically enable.

I think this makes myself and the NVC 1 to 1. They screwed up my stepdaughters opt-in and I can't read the form.

Another question on the documents:

both my wife and I were previously married. Do they want both divorce certificates at the NVC stage, or just hers? They already have a copy of both as part of the I-130 package.

You gotta be careful with that DS-260 and read everything thoroughly and follow their instructions. I had no problems whatsoever what it.

For the divorce certificates, it's just the beneficiary's they want. IV package is ALL about the beneficiary.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.