astrlsrfr

PINKage!

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Haha.. y'all and those hangers. That made me smile. I did some prep work & cleaning b4 I left, but I so sure I am woefully short on numerous fronts. But my lady is so soft, kind & gentle.. I dont think she even knows what the word "complain" means. It will be a joy to do all the work needed to help ease her transition.

Thanks all for the congratsl.. I am very happy to be of help. its the least I can do to return the help we received here.

:thumbs:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congrats

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

Thanks :o) I would say about 40% of the pinks which *I* observed seemed to have an SO with them. That prolly translates to like 60% of the K1/CR1s, ince you have to remember that there are also a few other visa types going on at the same time.

how many brought their SO and got a blue?

Congratulations!:thumbs:

My wife's CO didn't look much at our pictures or any other evidences or even my wife. Maybe just a couple of glances top at our pictures when we first met and that was it. The interview was conducted in English as expected. Unlike yours, we were 50/50 between acceptance and denial, only until the timeline was submitted were we accepted. Such a relief.

Tonight is my last night in HCMC. We're flying together to the States before midnight. Even though this is not her first long trip, it is her first to the US.

Mar 2009: Met online

May 2009: First trip to VN to see her

Aug 2009: Proposed

Sep 2009: Proposal accepted

Oct 2009: Affidavit of Single obtained

Dec 2009: Second trip to VN for marriage

Jan 2010: Married

Feb 2010: Filed CR1

Mar 2010: Third trip to VN

Apr 2010: Approval notice from USCIS

Jul 2010: IV & AOS fees paid

Feb 2011: Fourth trip to VN... our first anniversary

Apr 2011: Interview... asking for timeline, 10 year residency, ex's address, etc.

May 2011: Submission of requested documents. Pink!

Jun 2011: Fifth trip to VN to travel with her to the States.

mHPbp7.png

Beauty is in the eyes of the beer-holder!

Timeline

Congratulations!:thumbs:

My wife's CO didn't look much at our pictures or any other evidences or even my wife. Maybe just a couple of glances top at our pictures when we first met and that was it. The interview was conducted in English as expected. Unlike yours, we were 50/50 between acceptance and denial, only until the timeline was submitted were we accepted. Such a relief.

Tonight is my last night in HCMC. We're flying together to the States before midnight. Even though this is not her first long trip, it is her first to the US.

Thanks y'all. Have a good trip back tan... I guess you're over the Pacific somewhere already. Should be an exciting experience at the POE. Me, I have at least another week or so here. Was supposed to go to the countryside today for a few days with her family but I got horribly sick last night. First time I've been sick like that here. Not fun! :no: Musta been something I ate...

Edited by astrlsrfr

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

congrats to both!

How much is your airfare per individual to the US? My wife paid $888 with EVA and it the 888 is included the IOM service that will help her get her paperswork in order at all airports, especially at LAX. My wife hated China so she didn't want to go with China Airline ($770?) or VN airline partner with China arline.

Is $888 too much for 1 way trip? and IOM service necessary? She is going by herself though

Edited by T&Joyce

What is IOM service? What does it stand for? I'd check Kayak or Tripadvisor for cheap flights. I found a one way ticket on VN airlines to cali for $800. Usually cheaper to fly on Tuesday or Wednesday. Sometimes on a Saturday.

K-1 Visa

I-129F application received at USCIS: November 30, 2010

I-129F approved: March 28, 2011

Packet 3 Received: April 11, 2011

Packet 3 forms submitted to Consulate: May 4, 2011

Packet 4 received: June 16th, 2011

Interview date: July 25, 2011 (Pink!)

Pick up Visa: August 1, 2011

POE: August 5th, 2001 (Woot!)

Timeline

congrats to both!

How much is your airfare per individual to the US? My wife paid $888 with EVA and it the 888 is included the IOM service that will help her get her paperswork in order at all airports, especially at LAX. My wife hated China so she didn't want to go with China Airline ($770?) or VN airline partner with China arline.

Is $888 too much for 1 way trip? and IOM service necessary? She is going by herself though

I have my round trip set up with my return set for the 4th of July with Korean Air, but its changeable for free one-time. I will to go directly to the KA office near the Consulate after we pick up the visa and nail it all down. I plan to find the earliest possible KA flight back to LAX with 2 adjacent seats, probably moving mine & buying her one-way to match. I will advise how this goes.

Astrlsrfr, you mention something about a 90 picture open office spreadsheet, what was that for? For the timeline or a table of contents for your photos?

K-1 Visa

Timeline

Astrlsrfr, you mention something about a 90 picture open office spreadsheet, what was that for? For the timeline or a table of contents for your photos?

Oh.. sorry for the confusion I meant to say OpenOffice *presentation*, not OpenOffice *spreadsheet*.

This is how I handled our photos. I created a document containing 3-5 pictures per page, with the WHEN , WHERE & WHO/WHAT at the top of each page. I print & bound it at FedEx Kinkos with the spiral binding thingy. The trick I found is to keep the photos at a high enough enough resolution so when you dump to PDF & print, it comes out at true photo quality, but not necessarily at full 16Mpix resolution, or it will cause your CPU to go into time warp when manipulating the document. To achieve that, I resized the ones I wanted to put into the doc from 4000x4000 to like 1500x1500 using RapidoResizer on my mac, them just cut, paste & set the height in OpenOffice so I can get several on a page. Lots of work, but hey now I got a nice funny story with a momento! :blush:

Edited by astrlsrfr

Timeline

I have my round trip set up with my return set for the 4th of July with Korean Air, but its changeable for free one-time. I will to go directly to the KA office near the Consulate after we pick up the visa and nail it all down. I plan to find the earliest possible KA flight back to LAX with 2 adjacent seats, probably moving mine & buying her one-way to match. I will advise how this goes.

For fear of not being able to find a flight, I went ahead and contacted the KA local office and reserved her new ticket & changed mine to match. Actually moved up the departure a couple of days. Of course.. we are taking a slight risk the Consulate delays her visa pickup for some reason.

The first lady at KA I spoke to was set to charge me $1069, but somehow they had to call me back to finalize the purchase and when they did, they actual prize was reduced to $757. I am guessing the better price is the VN price since I was going thru their local office. Who knows. If all goes well... just a few days left now til POE. :dance:

Oh yeah that's smart. I bet the CO appreciated the approach. Adobe indesign and keynote would have been good options too. Thanks!

K-1 Visa

Did you also frontload your picture presentation during the interview or during the petition?

K-1 Visa

Timeline

Did you also frontload your picture presentation during the interview or during the petition?

It was just for the interview.. and that's the funny part.. the photos never went under the window.. he just glanced at it thru the glass. :huh:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.