3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Can anyone help me understand what to do in filing the AOS with a sponser? My dad will be the co-sponser what all information will we need? He make's well over the proverity guidelines so do we really need to do all three past tax paper's and do we have to have a letter of employment plus the last 6 months of paycheck stub's? Does he need to do the I864 plus and I864A and do I need to do both as well? When do we send the ds-3032? Do we send this by email and by post mail both? We just got approved for the I130 today what is our first step? When do we get the nvc case number? I'm sorry I am so excited I want to make sure we do this step right! we are so close to having our dream's come true and starting our life together! yayyy Thank God for everything!! Any information given to help will be greatly appreciated!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, I'll take a stab at this..

1. Do you need the previous 2 years of tax info plus 6 months pay stubs/employment letter? (You /will/ need this year's tax info, either in a tax transcript or the 1040 with W2.) The previous two years/pay stubs/employment letter aren't technically necessary, esp. if he's well over the poverty level. I think they like to see the previous two years just to make sure this year isn't an anomaly, but again, not required.

2. I864 &I864A - You must fill out the I864 no matter what. If you and your dad are in the same household, then he fills out the I864A. If not, then he fills out the I864 too. You must also provide proof of your relationship with your dad. (IE birth certificate listing him as the father)

As for the rest of the stuff, look up Loto's EZ Guide? It will give you all the info you need. Or alternately, head to the June NVC filers thread - lots of good links in the first couple of posts there! :)

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

First Step is to breath ;)

Keep calling to get your case number I called once in the morning and once in the evening everyday until they gave me the case number and the IIN number as well.. The IIN is necessary for you to make your fee payments.

Order the tax transcripts ASAP if you get your bill invoiced and paid before you get them then use the tax returns..

I emailed the DS3032 and had no problems with it.

USCIS (155 Days)

12/20/2010 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lock Box via USPS Express Mail

12/22/2010 - Delivered (online tracking confirmation)

12/27/2010 - NOA1 Email and Text from USCIS. Off to CA!!

12/30/2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy Received. Priority date is 12/22/2010.

02/16/2011 - Touched

05/26/2011 - NOA2 155 days after NOA1!

05/31/2011 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received. No text or email notification.

NVC (21 Days)

06/10/2011 - NVC Received

06/14/2011 - NVC Case & IIN Numbers Received

06/14/2011 - DS3032 Sent via Email

06/16/2011 - AOS bill generated and paid

06/17/2011 - DS3032 Accepted

06/20/2011 - AOS shows as PAID

06/20/2011 - IV bill generated

06/22/2011 - IV bill paid

06/22/2011 - AOS package sent

06/24/2011 - IV shows as PAID and package sent/AOS package delivered

06/27/2011 - IV package delivered

06/30/2011 - Medical Exam

07/11/2011 - SIF!

07/12/2011 - CASE CLOSED

09/23/2011 - INTERVIEW at 8am

09/23/2001 - APPROVED!!

10/06/2011 - POE at LAX

LIFE AFTER THE FACT

02/23/2012 - OUR SON WAS BORN!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.