3,588 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Barbados
Timeline

Quick question for all those waiting for interveiw date did you guys pay fee for i485 or ask for a fee waiver..... Just wondering if uscis is just faster for those who pay fees like most businesses are.

Good luck

Filed: Timeline

Anybody plz?

I am an F-1 student visa holder with an Prima Facie for 180 days.

However, I read on fafsa website, it states that

eligible non-citizen: Has a valid Prima facie

In eligible: non immigrant visa holder: F1, J1 etc

So pretty much I'm in both condition, does it make me eligible or in eligible for financial aids?

Any answer would be appreciated

Filed: Other Timeline

Anybody plz?

You can receive financial aid with prima facie. But I'm not sure how that will work for someone with prima facie and F1 visa, I personally don't believe that matters. I think your best bet is to take your prima facie to your financial aid office. You need to have a social security number first, also fill out the FAFSA application online, and remember to check ELIGIBLE NON CITIZEN, before you go to the financial aid officer. Then see what happens.

Timeline

lorphelpme they won't adjudicate a case faster just because the individual pays the Uscis fees.

K someone here said they had a friend that sent didn't file cocurrently and sent the i485 to the Chicago lock box but paid for i485 and got green card after 2month of sending it in and am hearing of another case like that from someone. Maybe coincidental but am thinking maybe not. Who knows with uscis.

My attorney & I took time to respond to the RFE.So it took about a month from when VSC received it to the time of approval.In total, it took about 18months + 2weeks from date of filing to date of approval.I pray they transfer my I-485 soon, i just want this to be over with & enjoy my Xmas hopefully.

Thanks everyone for your support & prayers.

I pray many more approvals come to each & everyone of you waiting.

Myjay & Macbook, how are your cases going,any news & how long have u been waiting?Do you guys have attorneys?How come they are not pestering VSC.I know I-360 is suppose to take anywhere from a few months-2yrs & if its beyond 2yrs, then somethg is wrong.I know there's a body that is suppose to help handle issues like this but you must have attempted to contact the USCIS body( VSC in this case )without success several times before you can complain & they will help look into your case.

Loveme & Memes-any interview notices yet?

Lorphelpme, Optimistic chic yours is coming...keep hope alive.

Goodluck everyone.

No news here. I've been waiting for almost 27 months, and yes I have an attorney.

Thank you Myjay,

I used to work on campus so I already have a SSN card.

Ok, I'll do that and see what's going on from there

You can receive financial aid with prima facie. But I'm not sure how that will work for someone with prima facie and F1 visa, I personally don't believe that matters. I think your best bet is to take your prima facie to your financial aid office. You need to have a social security number first, also fill out the FAFSA application online, and remember to check ELIGIBLE NON CITIZEN, before you go to the financial aid officer. Then see what happens.

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Hi to all of u ... I am still waiting for USCIS to schedule my AOS interview 3 months already ...

I need medicaid I apply for it .. I am in florida children and family department.. Somebody that have done please let me know what they say ., whatever they tell me hopely positive I will let u guys know .. I have my I 360 approved and social let's see how it goes .,

"The I-360 for ............ is pending. Our officers are working cases filed 6/2011. The request for prima facie extension has been forwarded to our clerical unit to issue the notice.' My attorney just forwarded this email he got from VSC after he sent them an email yesterday. 15months..!!

Timeline

As of September 30th,2012,the current processing time for I360 is 16.1 months. Good luck guys!

It changes every month last month it said 15.1 and also the updated the processing time to June . Uscis is the biggest joke they were on June 3 for months pushed it back to April for another couple of months nowwww they put it back to June 4. Really uscis here goes the newsletter or whatever it was that said you guys are now focussing on i360.

You are welcome VAWA. I am in school as well, and I get financial aid and in state tuition rate with my prima facie

Would you mind telling me how do u get to US?

I got here on a student visa and got married 2 years later, but my spouse refuse to file an adjustment of status for me,

Which means that I'm still an F1 visa holder.

I emailed my school dean and she said that The Prima Facie on its own only reveals the status of your case it cannot be used for reclassification of your tuition status.

I really need an instate tuition rate.

I live in WA state and you?..idk what to do

Please guide me through out of this black tunnel

Thanks

Edited by VAWA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.