kiwimilo

Tourist Visa then Fiance Visa - risks?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi Gang,

I am from the US, my 25 year old girlfriend is from Ukraine. We want to have her come to the US on a tourist visa in two months, but would also like to start the Fiance process now. She has property and a company in her name in Kharkov.

Is there a risk that the tourist visa will be denied if they found out that she is also applying for a fiance visa?

I'm assuming the Kiev embassy doesn't know about the fiance visa until they receive the package from the US visa center in five months from application (is this true).

Even if the Kiev office finds out or is told about the fiance visa - does this hurt the tourist visa application chances?

Should she tell the kiev office about the fiance visa during the tourist visa interview. It seems normal to get a tourist visa then return to interview for the fiance visa...

thank you in advance for any intelligence on this matter...

paul

Timeline

IS she planning to go back to Ukraine when her stay as tourist expires or you trying to do an AOS once she enters on tourist visa?

Another thing, are you guys already engaged?

She will stay for maybe a month total (if possible) - then go back.

I didn't know a AOS was possible. What are the chances of an AOS occurring?

thanks

paul

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

She will stay for maybe a month total (if possible) - then go back.

I didn't know a AOS was possible. What are the chances of an AOS occurring?

thanks

paul

There has been cases where AOS has been done and there has been cases where AOS was rejected.

Are you guys already engaged?

Timeline

There has been cases where AOS has been done and there has been cases where AOS was rejected.

Are you guys already engaged?

Not engaged. Our translator spoke to other translators and said that there is a very small chance of her getting tourist visa - since she has not traveled to countries that have a "higher" living standard (UK, Paris, Italy, etc.) - her passport doesn't indicate that she is a "traveler" - so they will not believe her that she will come back. Even though she owns her own business has owns an apartment.

Any intelligence, contacts or tips on getting a tourist visa for a 25 year old ukrainian girl - she definately plans on returning to Ukraine to eventually get the K1 (if i don't mess it up with her :)

thanks paul

Timeline

Thats true she will have hard time in getting B1/2, since she is young single. She will have to prove that she would be returning back and not overstay her visa.

Does she have any other family or friends in US? - She will have to let them know wht the purpose of her visit is.

There is no harm you can apply for B1/2 - worst case it would rejected and you might end up losing the visa fee but thats it. It will not have any impact on your K1 application.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

We attempted to get a tourist visa after beginning the K1 visa process and were denied. We had read of other success stories but it didn't work for us. While I think the K1 visa had a negative affect on our chances with the tourist visa, the tourist visa denial had no impact on our K1 process. Our K1 process went forward without problems.

Nov 19, 2007 - I-129F Sent to VSC

Nov 21, 2007 - NOA1 Notice Date

Nov 29, 2007 - NOA1 Hardcopy recieved

Dec 11, 2007 - B2 Visa Interview - denied

Dec 23, 2007 - I can't go to Romania, they won't approve her visa, so it's Italy for the holidays! :P

Jan 10, 2008 - My right ankle does a 180, trimalleolar fracture with dislocation, life takes a setback

Feb 17, 2008 - Touch --- meanwhile I begin physical therapy for the ankle

Mar 13, 2000 - Arrive on crutches to spend 2 weeks together in Iasi

Mar 16, 2008 - NOA2

Mar 20, 2008 - NVC Received

Mar 25, 2008 - Package 3 Received

May, 2008 - Doctor clears the ankle, I can go back to work

Jun 16, 2008 - We are reunited again as I take a job in Italy

Jul, 2008 - US Embassy extends our package 3 deadline to November

Sep 10, 2008 - We return to Romania to prepare for visa interview

Sep 15, 2008 - Package 3 Sent

Sep 29, 2008 - K1 Visa Interview - Approved

Oct 9, 2008 - US Entry via JFK

Dec 17, 2008 - Marriage :D

Jan 5, 2009 - AOS files along with Work Authorization and Advanced parole

Jan 13, 2009 - NOA for AOS, work authorization, and advanced parole

Mar 18, 2009 - Case transfered to California Service Center (we moved)

Apr 4, 2009 - Bio Appt

Apr 17, 2009 - EAD approved

Apr 18, 2009 - Adavanced Parole received

Apr 24, 2009 - RFE -- Immunization record smissing

Jun 10, 2009 - USCIS reports receiving RFE reponse

Jul 2, 2009 - Greencard Recieved

Apr 21, 2011 - I-751 Mailed

Apr 26, 2011 - I-751 Check cashed by the USCIS

May 7, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Recieved

May 25, 2011 - Biometrics Appointment Date

Jul 20, 2011 - I-751 Approved

Timeline

We attempted to get a tourist visa after beginning the K1 visa process and were denied. We had read of other success stories but it didn't work for us. While I think the K1 visa had a negative affect on our chances with the tourist visa, the tourist visa denial had no impact on our K1 process. Our K1 process went forward without problems.

You will never get a tourist visa after you start K1 process.

Even attempting after starting K1 would not make any sense at all.

If you have immigration visa in process either K1 or CR1, you will never ever get approve for non-immigrant visa. (In genral if I dont put this fine print I am sure to be bombed by ppl...lol)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.