USColombia

Colombia Club Part III

443 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Not yet :( Next week can't come fast enough.

IR-1

Married: 12/29/2008

USCIS CSC

I-130 Sent : 11/05/2010

I-130 NOA1 :11/19/2010

I-130 NOA2 :05/20/2011

182 days - No RFE's

NVC

Received : 06/08/2011

DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 06/08/2011

Receive I-864 Package : 06/10/2011

Completed DS-3032 : 06/11/2011 (NVC received 06/16/2011)

Pay I-864 Bill : 06/23/2011

Pay IV Bill : 07/22/2011

Return Completed I-864 & IV : 07/25/2011

NVC received: 07/27/2011

NVC RFE: 08/09/11

NVC RFE sent/NVC Received: 08/10/2011--08/12/2011

False RFE for IV: 08/10/11

False RFE for previous RFE: 08/11/11 & 08/14/2011

NVC Reviewed IV: 08/11/2011

SIF and Case Complete : 08/19/2011

Interview Date Set: 09/30/2011

EMBASSY

Medical: 11/11/2011

Interview: 11/16/2011 *APPROVED*

Visa Received: 11/21/11 (arrived on 3rd business day)

POE: 12/02/2011

Welcome Letter & SSN Arrived: 12/12/11

2nd Welcome Letter & 10-year GC Arrived: 12/17/11

-Happily Ever After-

Timeline

Looks like we have a Colombia October interview being reported: upcoming Interviews

woo! Going to be a fun next week next week!

I have a question about the medical exams: Assuming that the interviews go out next week my wife is going to schedule her medical appointment on Monday so that she can get the medical and vaccinations taken care of - hoping to do it September 26th. Does anyone know the time limit on these things? I am hoping it is not 30 days if the interview ends up being past Oct 26th. Also how long does she wait to get results??

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

Looks like we have a Colombia October interview being reported: upcoming Interviews

I have a question about the medical exams: Assuming that the interviews go out next week my wife is going to schedule her medical appointment on Monday so that she can get the medical and vaccinations taken care of - hoping to do it September 26th. Does anyone know the time limit on these things? I am hoping it is not 30 days if the interview ends up being past Oct 26th. Also how long does she wait to get results??

But this person looks like is K-1 and their case closed back in July. I hope this doesn't mean that this puts us at a November interview. I think I'm just being paranoid. I hope I am.

IR-1

Married: 12/29/2008

USCIS CSC

I-130 Sent : 11/05/2010

I-130 NOA1 :11/19/2010

I-130 NOA2 :05/20/2011

182 days - No RFE's

NVC

Received : 06/08/2011

DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 06/08/2011

Receive I-864 Package : 06/10/2011

Completed DS-3032 : 06/11/2011 (NVC received 06/16/2011)

Pay I-864 Bill : 06/23/2011

Pay IV Bill : 07/22/2011

Return Completed I-864 & IV : 07/25/2011

NVC received: 07/27/2011

NVC RFE: 08/09/11

NVC RFE sent/NVC Received: 08/10/2011--08/12/2011

False RFE for IV: 08/10/11

False RFE for previous RFE: 08/11/11 & 08/14/2011

NVC Reviewed IV: 08/11/2011

SIF and Case Complete : 08/19/2011

Interview Date Set: 09/30/2011

EMBASSY

Medical: 11/11/2011

Interview: 11/16/2011 *APPROVED*

Visa Received: 11/21/11 (arrived on 3rd business day)

POE: 12/02/2011

Welcome Letter & SSN Arrived: 12/12/11

2nd Welcome Letter & 10-year GC Arrived: 12/17/11

-Happily Ever After-

Timeline

Hey,

As this forum has been so helpfull i just wanted to share our experience with this long process. I have my appointment at the US embassy in Bogota on October the 14th. Our case was closed on july the 21st. After that, my husband were calling NVC three times per week to know about our interview date. We heard the same answer, call after the second week, we are trying to schedule for september and no appointments for september yet. Even when i saw so much people here with cases closed on july getting their appointments for September. Finally On august the 26th we got our interview date.

As soon as you get your interview date (hopefully next week) your wife can schedule her medical appointment. In my case, i called to Dr. Roa. The lady asked me about my interview date and where i live. After that ,she told me they had an open agenda since september the 16th. She gave me all the instructions about time and requirements and of course the cost. So is up to your wife if she wants to go earlier or close to the interview day.

Hope i could help.

Andrea

Timeline

Hi Andrea, Thank you so much for the information... So the two October dates that have now been scheduled here were both July case completes that for some reason were passed over the prior month. Maybe they are scheduling the ones that they missed by mistake the month before before the main scheduling next week? There are always these few outliers that make me nervous.. Hmm so one K-1 October 6th and one Cr-1 for October 14th.. never a rhyme or reason :blush:

I appreciate the info on the medical. I will ask her to hold off until I have an interview date..

But this person looks like is K-1 and their case closed back in July. I hope this doesn't mean that this puts us at a November interview. I think I'm just being paranoid. I hope I am.

We'll know this week! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I'm going to Colombia next week. I plan to help my fiance gather all the needed stuff. She got her Packet 3 in the mail last week. Can she go ahead and send in the signed forms they asked for so it will speed up the timing of an interview? Am I correct in thinking that the medical needs to be scheduled for a few days before the interview? Can we go ahead and do the medical next week if we want or do we need to wait until after she has been given an interview date? Once she is given an interview date can we go ahead and do medical even if the interview is for October, November, or December or do we need to wait until a few days before the interview. I do understand that we need to contact one of the doctors on their list in Bogota to do the medical, thus I was thinking next week would be great. However, I assume we cannot do that since we haven't even sent back the forms they said to return to them asap in Packet 3.

Ah... can I get my DAS certificate (for Petetioner) next week, even though the interview might not be until Nov or Dec and I plan on being in Colombia 2-3 more times between now and then, or do I need to wait until my last trip there to get my DAS certificate so it shows all my entries and exits as of the day of the interview?

Any advice would be great.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Timeline

I'm going to Colombia next week. I plan to help my fiance gather all the needed stuff. She got her Packet 3 in the mail last week. Can she go ahead and send in the signed forms they asked for so it will speed up the timing of an interview? Am I correct in thinking that the medical needs to be scheduled for a few days before the interview? Can we go ahead and do the medical next week if we want or do we need to wait until after she has been given an interview date? Once she is given an interview date can we go ahead and do medical even if the interview is for October, November, or December or do we need to wait until a few days before the interview. I do understand that we need to contact one of the doctors on their list in Bogota to do the medical, thus I was thinking next week would be great. However, I assume we cannot do that since we haven't even sent back the forms they said to return to them asap in Packet 3.

Ah... can I get my DAS certificate (for Petetioner) next week, even though the interview might not be until Nov or Dec and I plan on being in Colombia 2-3 more times between now and then, or do I need to wait until my last trip there to get my DAS certificate so it shows all my entries and exits as of the day of the interview?

Any advice would be great.

Hey, I really dont know so much about the K-1 process question :unsure: But I have read in a K-1 colombian forum that even without getting the package 3 physically they have downloaded the information of this package on the embassy web page and sent it to make the process faster. So as I see you already got this package you should be sending all the information to get your interview soon. You need to wait until you get your interview date to schedule your medical appointment and also to do the lab, because their agendas are according to the embassy time lines.

You should definitely wait to get your DAS certificate on your last visit. Is better that all the documents are dated close to the interview day (like 1 month or less)and especially for this one it is better if it shows more entries. Another important point about the DAS certificate is that if you are in Bogotá and present to get it, it takes three business days to process. But the processing time and the requirements can change if you are outside Bogotá or not present to ask for it.

Good luck!

Timeline

Interestingly, my fiance is telling me that her packet 3 says nothing about a DAS certificate for the petitioner. I had her read everyword under the section that talks about the DAS certificate. It is different wording than what is posted on the website as it does not say anything about the petitioner needing a DAS certificate. I am still going to go to Bogota to get it anyhow.

Next, she told me she got "her" DAS certificate online. She said she input her data, name, # de cedula, answered some questions, and she got it instantly online... and it was free. Does this sound right? The beneficiary (Colombianas) can get their DAS Certificate online, for free?

Editing to add... she got her Certificado Judicial online for free as well.

I am assuming these are both what she needs. She just sent them to me via email, and sure enough they have signatures and all. Sound ok?

Edited by Ready to do it

Timeline

By the Way, on that K-1 Colombian Forum i found out three other people who have their interview appointment days for October the 4th, the 7h and the another one for the 20 something. They were told about this on August last week.

Doesn´t appear to be any rhyme or reason to the scheduling. The worst part is that you never actually know whats going on in the Mysterious Scheduling World at the NVC.

Timeline

"Scheduling world of the NVC?"

I thought the embassy schedules the interview after you have sent them those 2 forms they ask for via email, fax, or mail?

By the way, if her interview isn't for another 60 days or so, was it too early for her to get her Certificado de DAS and Certificado Judicial dated today? It says to gahter all these things and mail the 2 forms to them once she has all of it, so certainly they can't expect it to be within 30 days of the interview if they are going to schedule the interview for more than 30 days than now, correct? My DAS certificate... understandable that they would want one very recent as I will have more entries and exits between now and the interview.

By the Way, on that K-1 Colombian Forum i found out three other people who have their interview appointment days for October the 4th, the 7h and the another one for the 20 something. They were told about this on August last week.

Doesn´t appear to be any rhyme or reason to the scheduling. The worst part is that you never actually know whats going on in the Mysterious Scheduling World at the NVC.

Timeline

Interestingly, my fiance is telling me that her packet 3 says nothing about a DAS certificate for the petitioner. I had her read everyword under the section that talks about the DAS certificate. It is different wording than what is posted on the website as it does not say anything about the petitioner needing a DAS certificate. I am still going to go to Bogota to get it anyhow.

Next, she told me she got "her" DAS certificate online. She said she input her data, name, # de cedula, answered some questions, and she got it instantly online... and it was free. Does this sound right? The beneficiary (Colombianas) can get their DAS Certificate online, for free?

Editing to add... she got her Certificado Judicial online for free as well.

I am assuming these are both what she needs. She just sent them to me via email, and sure enough they have signatures and all. Sound ok?

It is very important that you know there is two different types of DAS certificate that you and your fiance are going to need in this process:

1.Police certificate: This one is what we call Certificado Judicial. This is just a required document for the Colombian citizen, in this case your Fiance. This is the one she already got online on the DAS webpage. And she will need it for the package 3 and for the interview package as well.

2. DAS certificate: This one shows the entries and exits to and from Colombia and it is a requirement for both the petitioner and the benificiary. You will need it on the interview day. This document may be obtained in Bogotá or another major city at the DAS Office. For all the information you can visit www.das.gov.co and go to the link Certificacion de Movimientos Migratorios.

Timeline

"Scheduling world of the NVC?"

I thought the embassy schedules the interview after you have sent them those 2 forms they ask for via email, fax, or mail?

By the way, if her interview isn't for another 60 days or so, was it too early for her to get her Certificado de DAS and Certificado Judicial dated today? It says to gahter all these things and mail the 2 forms to them once she has all of it, so certainly they can't expect it to be within 30 days of the interview if they are going to schedule the interview for more than 30 days than now, correct? My DAS certificate... understandable that they would want one very recent as I will have more entries and exits between now and the interview.

For CR-1 process the interviews are scheduled by NVC after a process with them. For K-1 the packages are different and the interviews are scheduled by the US embassy in Colombia as they received directly the package 3, thats why the k-1 process is a litlle fast than the CR-1 process.

As the police certificate is easy to get online and free she can get it anyday she wants. Though i would recommend bringing one to the interview that is dated at least within a month.

Timeline

Thanks for all the great info. These are the 2 certificates that she got online.

the DAS Certificate is titled, "Certificado de Antecedentes."

It starts out like this....

Bogota, DC 10 de Septiembre de 2011

LA PROCURADURIA GENERAL DE LA NACION certifica que una vez consultado del Sistema de Informacion de Registro de Sanciones e Inhabilidades (SIRI)...

NO REGISTRO SANCIONES NI INHABILIDADES VIGENTES

ADVERTENCIAS:

La certificacion de antecedentes debera contener...

Signed by Mario Enrique Castro Gonzalez

Jefe Division Centro de Atencion al Publico (CAP)

Is that the DAS CERTIFICATE that she needs? If so, that's great and she got it online instantly. I will go to Bogota to get mine.

It is very important that you know there is two different types of DAS certificate that you and your fiance are going to need in this process:

1.Police certificate: This one is what we call Certificado Judicial. This is just a required document for the Colombian citizen, in this case your Fiance. This is the one she already got online on the DAS webpage. And she will need it for the package 3 and for the interview package as well.

2. DAS certificate: This one shows the entries and exits to and from Colombia and it is a requirement for both the petitioner and the benificiary. You will need it on the interview day. This document may be obtained in Bogotá or another major city at the DAS Office. For all the information you can visit www.das.gov.co and go to the link Certificacion de Movimientos Migratorios.

Edited by Ready to do it

Timeline

Thanks for all the great info. These are the 2 certificates that she got online.

the DAS Certificate is titled, "Certificado de Antecedentes."

It starts out like this....

Bogota, DC 10 de Septiembre de 2011

LA PROCURADURIA GENERAL DE LA NACION certifica que una vez consultado del Sistema de Informacion de Registro de Sanciones e Inhabilidades (SIRI)...

NO REGISTRO SANCIONES NI INHABILIDADES VIGENTES

ADVERTENCIAS:

La certificacion de antecedentes debera contener...

Signed by Mario Enrique Castro Gonzalez

Jefe Division Centro de Atencion al Publico (CAP)

Is that the DAS CERTIFICATE that she needs? If so, that's great and she got it online instantly. I will go to Bogota to get mine.

The DAS certificate can't be obtained online, only the police certificate. The DAS certificate will be in an envelope marked "DO NOT OPEN".

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.